Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26302 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 20:46:01 »

Would the fan base accept this solution.

Football fans are fickle, yeah it would upset more than a few I’m sure but if produced an up turn in performance and results people soon forgive and forget. My first away game since Walsall away last game of last season. Can’t compare the 2 in any way.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 21:08:58 »

The other thought to sacking him now is that it would actually work out for Lindsey. He can always say how unfair it was that we was sacked when we was in the playoffs.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 21:23:02 »

I wonder… Garner to come back with SL demoted to number two foreseeing a few coaching casualties.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 21:40:08 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/match-reaction-scott-lindsey-reflects-on-colchester-defeat/

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 21:56:18 »

A very pissed off SL...
Trouble is he talks a good story. Just can't understand why he won't or can't change the game tactics.
Remember Garner had the same issues and he managed to get a different formation at times last year.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 22:58:19 »

Extremely disappointing match today. Looked completely devoid of ideas for all our possession. We really should be winning games like today. A change of management will be necessary to have any of shot of the autos. We are so inconsistent, it is very frustrating. We really don’t look like scoring at all at the moment.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 23:03:05 »

Some comparisons to our position this time last year:
After 25 games last season we were 6th on 41 points. We are 6th after 25 games this season with 38 points, but with most of the league having a game in hand on us.

This stage last season we had scored 40 and conceded 31. So far this season, we have scored 28 and conceded 25.

After 25 games last season we had won 3 home games in the league compared to 5 this season.

Overall, home form is still a concern. It picked up slightly after January last season, though we took slightly more risks after January at home which would allow for more free flowing football such as the Walsall 5-0 game. This season, we have won at home in spite of the style of play, and have dropped points to some god awful sides at home such as Crewe, A.F.C. Wimbledon and Walsall.

The killer instinct between last seasons side and this seasons is night and day. Whilst the defence was more leaky last season, it was never too much of a concern due to the threat we posed going forward. This season, if we concede one, we are effectively out of a chance of winning due to the lack of times we manage to score more than once.

Whilst we are at a similar standing as last seasons team at the same point in the season, you could see a lot more potential in that team. Something has to change, however tbink Lindsey has done the bare minimum which will probably keep him in the job.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 23:18:45 »

we barely hung on last season. it was all about the last 6 games.

we won 5 we scored 15 and conceded 5.

I remember January and February being poor, but if I can count it was w5 d3 l4 i.e. 18/36 points.

our last 12 this season is .. w5 d3 l4. we've hit mediocre form early. let's hope we hit good form early too
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 00:21:29 »

The problem with stating this team is not as good as last seasons sums is that last seasons wasn't really good enough.  It was a great season considering the summer and finances etc.  It was eow par for any other time for STFC, not reaching at least a play off final in Div 4.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 04:58:19 »

Good comment on Twitter about watching STFC

It’s like having a wank without the climax

Don’t know much about The Lower League Look blog but they tweeted

‘ SL ⏰ 🥾 👀 #STFC’
« Last Edit: Monday, January 2, 2023, 05:10:18 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 05:12:12 »

I'd say it's more effort and less enjoyable than that and certainly costs a lot more.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 06:45:07 »

Some comparisons to our position this time last year:
After 25 games last season we were 6th on 41 points. We are 6th after 25 games this season with 38 points, but with most of the league having a game in hand on us.

This stage last season we had scored 40 and conceded 31. So far this season, we have scored 28 and conceded 25.

After 25 games last season we had won 3 home games in the league compared to 5 this season.

Overall, home form is still a concern. It picked up slightly after January last season, though we took slightly more risks after January at home which would allow for more free flowing football such as the Walsall 5-0 game. This season, we have won at home in spite of the style of play, and have dropped points to some god awful sides at home such as Crewe, A.F.C. Wimbledon and Walsall.

The killer instinct between last seasons side and this seasons is night and day. Whilst the defence was more leaky last season, it was never too much of a concern due to the threat we posed going forward. This season, if we concede one, we are effectively out of a chance of winning due to the lack of times we manage to score more than once.

Whilst we are at a similar standing as last seasons team at the same point in the season, you could see a lot more potential in that team. Something has to change, however tbink Lindsey has done the bare minimum which will probably keep him in the job.

So, basically it’s pretty much the same as last season but Payne & McKirdy dragged us forward.

A lot of the complaints about this team is the style of play and lack of cutting edge - let’s not forget this time last year we were all saying the same thing about Garners team - true in both instances.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 07:48:08 »

‘ SL ⏰ 🥾 👀 #STFC’

‘ SL ⏰ 🥾 👀 #STFC’

With due respect to them I’m confident everyone on this forum has already drawn that conclusion.

What is more I have no real knowledge about SL previous football life regarding any playing activity but mark my words, as of yesterday there arrived a potential fox in the SL henhouse. Or the shadowy figure of the grim reaper if you like.

Put into context I doubt our ‘head coach/manager’ has played at the level of or been coached to the level of a certain CA and I’m in no doubt sooner, rather than later he’ll let not only SL know but Digger & Aberdeen too.

⏰🧨🪓🚪
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 07:50:51 »

So, basically it’s pretty much the same as last season but Payne & McKirdy dragged us forward.

A lot of the complaints about this team is the style of play and lack of cutting edge - let’s not forget this time last year we were all saying the same thing about Garners team - true in both instances.
Yes, I think the difference this year is that we don't have anyone (apart from Williams) with that little bit of magic that can unlock a defence with a mazy run.

We are therefore stuck trying to play a pinpoint accurate ball from outside of the box into small strikers that are generally covered by a set zone marking defence.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 07:57:12 »

I think the main difference is that last season we had stellar away form which took the heat off somewhat from the dismal home form.

Now it’s dismal both home and away.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: