Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey  (Read 6585 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 15:42:17 »

The season we got record a points total

So once in the last 100 years?
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 15:46:08 »

This is Swindon, have you ever known us to do what Rovers did? Me neither.
This season? As we slide into the non league?!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:17:16 »

We are three games in for Fucks sake.

Give the bloke a chance.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:27:40 »

The problem Lindsey has got himself into is that we have 3 games in 8 days coming up, 2 of which are at home. So he has no time to really work on or change anything. If we don’t get a positive result from any of them then his position will really be on shaky ground as supporters will be restless, the next week like it or not is massive for him.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:30:02 »

First result and performance was poor.

Second result was meh. McKirdy let us down. Showed something second half.

Last night was a heavily changed side with a few kids thrown in. Maybe a bad decision to make wholesale changes but he's vindicated if we go to Carlisle and win imo.

Poor start but three games for a new squad is no time to judge. Im currently frustrated but far from worried. At the end of next week I might be with 3 games coming up(!).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:41:56 »

Personally I don't get this play a weakened team because the players are tired from playing 45 minutes with ten men against Salford or saving them for the next league game after all they're fit young men who should be able to cope. Some of my best memories are watching Town in the league cup especially 1979 when we beat Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and a top class Arsenal team before narrowly missing out on a league cup final.

Lou Macari had the players super fit during his time here and I don't ever remember them being fatigued or rested when there was a chance of progressing to the next round with the chance of pulling a big team out of the hat and bringing more cash into the club. If we were in Europe I may look at things differently😀
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:50:40 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:49:43 »

Football has changed, clubs have a duty of care to players.  Things like players playing through the pain barrier or playing players that have come out the end of the previous game beyond what sport scientists deem appropriate is counter productive to both player and club in the long run.

It's like the fans of old cars saying cars wouldn't crumble in their day and were built to last, shame the drivers and passengers didn't whenever there were serious accidents.

It doesn't matter what used to happen, players often sank their body weight in beer throughout the week but you wouldn't advocate that now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:53:55 »

I don't remember any complaints about injuries, fatigue etc from the mid 80's onwards sometimes I think football has become too complicated.

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:57:06 »

That's because if you spoke up back then your were a pansy or a fairy or some such insult, it's not just football that has changed, society has.  Men would be setting up their own gallows back then to show any sign of 'weakness'.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:58:33 »

That's because if you spoke up back then your were a pansy or a fairy or some such insult, it's not just football that has changed, society has.  Men would be setting up their own gallows back then to show any sign of 'weakness'.

I'm not sure that's true in the mid to late 80's onwards maybe in the 70's

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 17:01:24 »

No they didn't. What are you on about?

My bad, I was going on the fact that the team that played us in January only shared 5 players with the one we dicked a couple of months earlier.

Looks like Barton changed formation and players to get them there including moving from a back 3 to a 4!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 17:06:13 »

I don't remember any complaints about injuries, fatigue etc from the mid 80's onwards sometimes I think football has become too complicated.
In a fairly recent Loathed Strangers podcast interview, I seem to recall Tom Jones (ex player, not Welsh vocalist) saying he put in a transfer request in frustration at Lou making him play on through a match despite him saying he was injured.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 17:09:53 »

In a fairly recent Loathed Strangers podcast interview, I seem to recall Tom Jones (ex player, not Welsh vocalist) saying he put in a transfer request in frustration at Lou making him play on through a match despite him saying he was injured.

I have no reason to disbelieve what you're saying as Macari was known as a hard taskmaster. I'm thinking across the board not just at Swindon and a couple of years on I never heard any complaints when Ozzie & Glen Hoddle were in charge which is still more than 30 years ago.

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 17:16:33 »

Personally I don't get this play a weakened team because the players are tired from playing 45 minutes with ten men against Salford or saving them for the next league game after all they're fit young men who should be able to cope. Some of my best memories are watching Town in the league cup especially 1979 when we beat Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and a top class Arsenal team before narrowly missing out on a league cup final.

Lou Macari had the players super fit during his time here and I don't ever remember them being fatigued or rested when there was a chance of progressing to the next round with the chance of pulling a big team out of the hat and bringing more cash into the club. If we were in Europe I may look at things differently😀
I agree’79/‘80 was one of the most memorable seasons with all those floodlit cup games. Don’t think we best Wednesday that year though. We beat them (when they were near the top of division 1)with a Peter Coyne goal in ‘85.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 17:17:21 »

I have no reason to disbelieve what you're saying as Macari was known as a hard taskmaster. I'm thinking across the board not just at Swindon and a couple of years on I never heard any complaints when Ozzie & Glen Hoddle were in charge which is still more than 30 years ago.
Yep. Fair point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: