Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey  (Read 6586 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 03:22:38 »

Is it the tactics - if, indeed, we actually have any tactics - or do some of last year’s players not fancy it this. The trio of Reed, Williams and McKirdy are shadows of themselves and that can’t all be down to Payne leaving.

I was bored shitless with a lot of Garnerball last season but at least it was a discernible method of trying to win matches. I’ve seen nothing in the 2 league matches so far that we have any ‘style’ at all. It’s almost a turn up and play approach.

Whatever it is the players don’t look like their buying into it.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:00:20 »

Is it the tactics - if, indeed, we actually have any tactics - or do some of last year’s players not fancy it this. The trio of Reed, Williams and McKirdy are shadows of themselves and that can’t all be down to Payne leaving.

I was bored shitless with a lot of Garnerball last season but at least it was a discernible method of trying to win matches. I’ve seen nothing in the 2 league matches so far that we have any ‘style’ at all. It’s almost a turn up and play approach.

Whatever it is the players don’t look like their buying into it.

There's no lack of effort, it's probably a combination of things.

Playing people in new positions without clear instruction, (lots of voices on the bench).  Combined with an inexperienced setup that doesn't appear to have that desire or tactical nous to win football matches above all else.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:27:17 »

There's no lack of effort, it's probably a combination of things.

Playing people in new positions without clear instruction, (lots of voices on the bench).  Combined with an inexperienced setup that doesn't appear to have that desire or tactical nous to win football matches above all else.

Exactly this people may not have been a fan on Garners play style but at least the players had direction and knew what they were doing.

We are a rudderless ship and although the players put in the effort if they don’t have direction or purpose then the players are going to perform as individuals rather than as a team.  

Has anyone else noticed there’s no team
spirit like last year?

I would hope Scott takes this as a learning curve or he will fast lose the support of the crowd
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:32:07 by RJack » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:58:19 »

Ridiculous thread! Wait for 10 games. Then wait a bit more. Remember Bristol Rovers last year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 07:50:54 »

I would say it's far from ridiculous NMH. Given the putrid and clueless nature of the displays on the pitch, the nature of SL's appointment and peoples' growing unease about what's happening behind the scenes, it's a totally valid discussion to be having.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 07:55:02 »

Like all, I’d love Lindsey to succeed and to be proved wrong, however this stinks of cheap both with the management and with the squad. I can’t believe that the squad wage bill is higher than last years, as I said in another post if this was the squad and management team with Power in charge, serious questions would be asked. We’ve done a great job in reducing the debt, but something all about it doesn’t sit right with me.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:06:18 »

I can’t remember a manager ever being under pressure this early before in all my years of following Swindon.
I’m one of them that isn’t convinced too, and I’m normally in the give him a chance camp, but something just isn’t right in my opinion,
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:07:26 »

Like all, I’d love Lindsey to succeed and to be proved wrong, however this stinks of cheap both with the management and with the squad. I can’t believe that the squad wage bill is higher than last years, as I said in another post if this was the squad and management team with Power in charge, serious questions would be asked. We’ve done a great job in reducing the debt, but something all about it doesn’t sit right with me.

This 100%.
I did raise issues from what I heard that we were reducing our cost base.
Sure, speculation but it’s raising concerns as you note.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:30:09 »

So what does Clem do if sacks Lindsey? We’ve just been through a recruitment process whereby those interested were deemed not good enough or those that were were put off by wages, Sandro or somesuch.

Who’s going to apply now that didn’t a few weeks ago?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:30:32 »

Ridiculous thread! Wait for 10 games. Then wait a bit more. Remember Bristol Rovers last year.

We'll be bottom in 10 games. Can't see what will change, can you?
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:32:26 »

So what does Clem do if sacks Lindsey? We’ve just been through a recruitment process whereby those interested were deemed not good enough or those that were were put off by wages, Sandro or somesuch.

Sol Campbell.  Cheesy
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:40:10 »

New manager starts with an away loss and a home draw in August, followed by a weakened team going down in the League Cup.  Even our dearly departed Reg normally waited 3 or 4 League games before airing his doom laden anxieries for the season.

This kind of talk is not great for the morale of a squad or confidence of a manager in a new role.

Even so, I'm very sadly joining on board too.

The loss of Ben Chorley, the budget talk, the (not so) new face as manager [and the sheer time it took before deciding to appoint the assistant coach didn't exactly speak of Lindsey "demanding" the job] and the apparent quality of last year's first teamers as compared to this year's have all been concerning #me too.

So come on Lindsey and squad, make me eat my negativity!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:59:54 »

Clem will end up paying him off and decreasing the managerial budget even more & we’d probably end up with Mildy and Peaks in charge…

…what he should do is go get Duncan Ferguson
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:01:52 »

This 100%.
I did raise issues from what I heard that we were reducing our cost base.
Sure, speculation but it’s raising concerns as you note.

You did, and got pelters for it for quite a while if I remember right..  now everybody seems to be singing off of a similar sheet, funny how that goes..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:16:54 »

The club needs to get it's shit together tbh.
Right from day one we've been an absolute mess with kits and recruitment.
The pre-season was a joke and there is no unity within the team.  To me it seems their is a clear divide between new players and existing.  Whether that's to do with the recruitment or existing players promised things that have happened I just don't know. 
For me Reedy should have been captain not McDonald.  It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the likes of Reedy, McKirdy and Williams.
Ultimately the buck stops at Lindsay to sort this out and bring some unity back to the team and get them playing as a team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: