Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey  (Read 6732 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:19:11 »

You did, and got pelters for it for quite a while if I remember right..  now everybody seems to be singing off of a similar sheet, funny how that goes..

Couple of wins and we’ll all be singing EIEIEIO
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:21:46 »

Rovers spent big in January and it worked, it doesn't always and I doubt we would want or even should do that.

I hope Lyndsey turns it around but it needs to happen quickly, it would be a shame to see us waste the bigger gates and positivity from last year.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:26:50 »

What credentials does Reed have to be captain of this football club just out of interest?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:37:37 »

What credentials does Reed have to be captain of this football club just out of interest?
Same could be said for McDonald though.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but Reedy, McKirdy & Williams are already established players.  To bring a new player in and make him captain is a 2 fingers up to them
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:39:07 »

He was here last year…that’s it…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:39:50 »

Also it’s MacDonald
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:42:48 »

It was in reply to an above poster. Forgot to quote him. Unless i've been wooshed by your comment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:50:33 »

No quite literally Reeds only being mentioned as a captain because he was here last season.
He’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he’s a leader and captain material
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:51:39 »

Can anyone remember the last time we sacked a manager mid season and things actually improved after the new appointment? I can’t.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:54:37 »

You did, and got pelters for it for quite a while if I remember right..  now everybody seems to be singing off of a similar sheet, funny how that goes..
got pelters from me for saying that the wage bill was being slashed and the team would be full of loans. The team may not be performing but theres no way that starting 11 saturday should be playing that poor.

For me there is far too many people getting involved and the manager isn't strong enough to get across a clear message, Clem needs to get back and give them a talk i think
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:04:04 »

Can anyone remember the last time we sacked a manager mid season and things actually improved after the new appointment? I can’t.
Brown to Wellens? We were 17th when we sacked Brown.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:16:24 »

got pelters from me for saying that the wage bill was being slashed and the team would be full of loans. The team may not be performing but theres no way that starting 11 saturday should be playing that poor.

For me there is far too many people getting involved and the manager isn't strong enough to get across a clear message, Clem needs to get back and give them a talk i think

My comment was more aimed at the posters now questioning the budget and saying Lindsey was the cheap option and agreeing with DOB that he called it out a while ago.  You know that I thought that the pelters he was getting at the time from a few posters was unwarranted but it's all about opinions.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:17:37 »

Sacked Phil Brown (21 points from 17 games at the start of 18/19 season), and appointed Richie Wellens (43 points from 29 games from that point on).

And Danny Wilson taking over from Maurice Malpas over Xmas/New Year was a masterstroke also, kept us up in League 1.

Both of those managers, in taking over mid-season, laid foundations for success in the season that followed.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:42:49 »

If Lindsey had appointed what appear to be astute, informed assistants with a philosophy, I think the fan base may have more faith in what’s going on. The unease is not helped by the fact they (apparently, I didn’t see it) are acting like goons during matches, and have no professional credentials between the three of them. Garner and Marshall’s track record at proper clubs (Palace, Stoke, WBA, Reading) far surpassed this lot (FGR, Chatham, Welling, Bangladesh).
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 11:15:47 »

If Lindsey had appointed what appear to be astute, informed assistants with a philosophy, I think the fan base may have more faith in what’s going on. The unease is not helped by the fact they (apparently, I didn’t see it) are acting like goons during matches, and have no professional credentials between the three of them. Garner and Marshall’s track record at proper clubs (Palace, Stoke, WBA, Reading) far surpassed this lot (FGR, Chatham, Welling, Bangladesh).
That’s a fair point, we forget Scott Marshall has had a very good coaching career of his own. Out of the 3 that were on the coaching staff last season we are left with the one with the weakest CV by a country mile, on paper Lindsey just doesn’t look like this amazing coach some claimed and so far the reality seems the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: