Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey  (Read 6584 times)
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 11:30:10 »

which begs the question, what on earth was Sandro doing all that time??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 11:34:09 »

which begs the question, what on earth was Sandro doing all that time??
interviewing sodding Caddis.

Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Caddis. But he should never ever have been on any managerial list. right now..
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 11:45:07 »

Listened to Sandro’s interview last night and was quite worried by how much of the football side he is having a say on. Maybe I didn’t quite understand his position previously, but for him to be saying things like “Iandolo is one of the best left sided players in the league,” is this all based on data or his personal views? Seems like a recipe for disaster having someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience working at the top of a football club, with head coach who also has no experience of being a head coach. I just don’t get any of this…
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 11:48:59 »

His role as per the press release when hired said "in his new role, Di Michele will oversee all football operations including recruitment, medical, analysis, the academy and will work closely with The Head Coach and Chief Executive Officer Rob Angus."

So yes, he's got quite a big say on the football side. Equivalent to Chorley before. Not sure complimenting a player who's signed a new contract is exactly out of his remit.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 12:05:02 »

interviewing sodding Caddis.

Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Caddis. But he should never ever have been on any managerial list. right now..

I'm not sure he'd have done any worse so far.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 12:08:14 »

Look, it's shit right now and i'm worried. However...

That day we spanked Rovers. They looked horrific. If you told me they'd go up automatically after that game I'd of laughed at you and stuck my house on them not even making playoffs.

So we've already seen an example of a team who had a bunch of players who looked like they'd never played together, with a manager nobody wanted and an owner under serious pressure with the fan base succeed.

It can be done.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 12:54:03 »

That day we spanked Rovers. They looked horrific. If you told me they'd go up automatically after that game I'd of laughed at you and stuck my house on them not even making playoffs.

So we've already seen an example of a team who had a bunch of players who looked like they'd never played together, with a manager nobody wanted and an owner under serious pressure with the fan base succeed.

It can be done.

But they gambled by spending loads of money and changing pretty much the entire team in january.   We won't nor should do that. 
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 13:05:21 »

I get the concerns.  The stats look horrible.  And if there is a plan, it's not yet clear what it is.

But...way too early for conversations about the manager, for me anyway.  It's not even mid-August yet.  I'm prepared to believe that there's a plan there that will emerge in time.  There may even be a missing signing or two that will move the dial.  Hope the majority of fans can get behind the manager as 'critical friends'.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 13:28:38 »

I get the concerns.  The stats look horrible.  And if there is a plan, it's not yet clear what it is.

But...way too early for conversations about the manager, for me anyway.

I remember Peter Reid being sacked at Man City after four games, the previous two seasons they had finished 5th & 9th in the top flight with him as manager.

After he was sacked they finished 16th, 17th & 18th (which saw them relegated) and then spent 5 or 6 years outside the top flight trying to get back.

Not sure that was all down to him being sacked, but always felt like they didn't give him time
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 14:06:44 »

It can be done.

This is Swindon, have you ever known us to do what Rovers did? Me neither.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 14:26:05 »

This is Swindon, have you ever known us to do what Rovers did? Me neither.
The season we got record a points total
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 14:50:20 »

I come on here for the more well thought out comments and opinions compared to the ones on FB and Twitter and am seeing, in the main, the concerns which I totally agree with.

Yes, it is early days and it only takes one good result to change attitudes and off we jolly well go, but only having seen the Cardiff pre-season game I cannot add any views regarding the performances and those who have seen all three competitive games so far are not a happy set of fans is apparent.

Like all clubs, rumours, second guessing and information from those "itk" is part and parcel of being a supporter but I do get a sense of things not being quite right and want to see my club in a far better place very quickly.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 15:30:07 »

But they gambled by spending loads of money and changing pretty much the entire team in january.   We won't nor should do that. 
Not really true…they signed three players and got lucky in that the one they signed in the last hour of the window after missing out on other targets (Elliot Anderson on loan from Newcastle) turned out to be a class act.

Their turnaround was as much down to Barton finally getting things right rather than splashing the cash in January - they didn’t.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 15:31:44 »

Well at least the plus side of the tactics being diabolically shit at the moment is there is a lot of scope to change and improve. Chop chop though Scott.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 15:35:35 »

But they gambled by spending loads of money and changing pretty much the entire team in january.   We won't nor should do that.  

No they didn't. What are you on about?

They bought in Jon Nolan on a free who played about 2 games
Anderson and Connolly on loan
Ryan loft for a fee from Scunthorpe who was largely shit.

Not sure how that's a load of money and a whole new team.

Edit: Didn't see the post 2 above mine explaining this.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 15:37:46 by Pericardinho » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: