Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 ... 235   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2024/25 Edition)  (Read 472876 times)
Boydy

Ignore
« Reply #3420 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 18:55:03 »

I will admit after his press conference talking about selling star players to sign others I was thinking I hope I've gone 2+2=5 here and Glatzel isn't on his way out.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #3421 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 19:09:54 »

To be fair some fans tend to put a negative spin on the most positive news. It seems everyone on this forum is waiting for the day glatzel gets sold.
Not sure anyone wants that Bob but going by previous years it's to be expected
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3422 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 20:34:43 »

Why would he have signed a contract just a few weeks ago if he wanted to leave?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3423 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 07:40:33 »

Circumstances change.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3424 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 07:44:57 »

Following the Kennedy press conference last week a few people were putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with the worst option
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3425 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 07:52:16 »

Following the Kennedy press conference last week a few people were putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with the worst option

I have to admit I did find it strange how he didn't appear to be injured per se but wasn't featuring in squads. Glad the issue appears to be explainable (irritable scar tissue) and hopefully it can be managed and he can get involved in squads sooner rather than later.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3426 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 08:21:59 »

Tweet has been deleted by the look of things.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3427 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 08:25:21 »

Its still there
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3428 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 08:33:13 »

I have to admit I did find it strange how he didn't appear to be injured per se but wasn't featuring in squads. Glad the issue appears to be explainable (irritable scar tissue) and hopefully it can be managed and he can get involved in squads sooner rather than later.

I think the media (and fans) did a great job or making that Kennedy quote a clickbait headline.

Yes, Kennedy basically said (I can’t remember the exact words) that they needed to work out of McGurk was injured or not *because they were phasing him back in but he was feeling sore afterwards.

Everything after the * adds a completely different context to the quote but doesn’t entice rage & engagement.

Think we all jumped on that a bit.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3429 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 08:43:12 »

To be fair some fans tend to put a negative spin on the most positive news. It seems everyone on this forum is waiting for the day glatzel gets sold.

Blame the club, not the fans - they have created this narrative from the fans, it's only to be expected.  Fans attitudes will be driven by how they have percieved the actions of the club previously, you can't say that fans expectations based on recent history of actions isn't founded.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3430 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 08:45:22 »

Tweet has been deleted by the look of things.

It hasn't

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3431 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 08:52:28 »

It's marked as sensitive content, which I *think* means it won't load for those without a Twitter account, so I can see why it might look like it has.

It's not remotely sensitive though, just a picture of him at training saying he's raring to go.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3432 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 09:14:58 »

Blame the club, not the fans - they have created this narrative from the fans, it's only to be expected.  Fans attitudes will be driven by how they have percieved the actions of the club previously, you can't say that fans expectations based on recent history of actions isn't founded.
That's true. The fans expectations are low and it is down to the actions of the club (for as long as I've been a fan, with odd, brief, periods of ecstatic highs, but even more so the last few years). In this case, though, the "story" appears to have been totally manufactured by the media and certain fans.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3433 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 09:49:06 »

Khan to Tranmere confirmed. Season long loan and he's out of contract EOS, so a touch of the Adeloyes.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/30/saidou-khan-joins-tranmere-rovers-on-a-season-long-loan/
« Last Edit: Friday, August 30, 2024, 09:51:16 by Nemo » Logged
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #3434 on: Friday, August 30, 2024, 09:57:40 »

Khan to Tranmere confirmed. Season long loan and he's out of contract EOS, so a touch of the Adeloyes.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/30/saidou-khan-joins-tranmere-rovers-on-a-season-long-loan/
Fair play, at least he is off the wages, I am sure he could have done ok in this current team if given a chance but his head was turned by his agent tellling him hes a great international player and he needs to be playing more often and at a better level.

And then he goes to Tranmere because nobody else wants him.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 ... 235   Go Up
Print
Jump to: