Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346278 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 12:58:01 »

Yet, we’ve paid money for a few players this season - Adeloye, Khan, potentially Jephcott. I’d wager 2 out of those 3 would be worth more than we paid for them (obviously guessing on Jephcott but, from what we’ve heard, the fee has already been agreed)

Adeloye was thankfully a free transfer. We paid money for Hutton and Clayton, which look like money well spent so far (along with Khan and potentially Jephcott).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 13:00:52 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 08:11:56 »

Assuming we want Williams to be called up tonight? It would be good income but a blow after recent goals and performances.

I see that we get 50% of wollacott, city and charlton 25% each.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #662 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 08:13:57 »

Assuming we want Williams to be called up tonight? It would be good income but a blow after recent goals and performances.

I see that we get 50% of wollacott, city and charlton 25% each.
I understand Charlton get 25% of Williams fees too. So it pretty much evens out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 08:39:00 »

Basing that on both players being away for 30 days that should swell our coffers by

$375,000 which at today’s exchange rate is nigh on £325,000!

Yowzers! That’s probably more than we got for the Man City game.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 08:42:08 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 08:42:44 »

That's really good income. As you say roughly comparable with a Televised plum 3rd round FA Cup tie. I know it's painful being so poor in the cup, but I do think longer term being out of it will benefit us in the league. Williams has been excellent this season and will be missed, but we do have a deeper squad to hopefully cope when he is away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 08:52:50 »

No idea if this income has been budgeted for but it’d be handy for a bid for FBT and/or Brynn and Jephcott.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 09:15:32 »

The Jephcott fee will already be prepared for, no way this money will have been 'put aside' for it I wouldn't imagine, Williams could have gotten injured at any time (still could of course) forcing him to sit the WC out.

I'm sure this will be added on top of any budgets already in place and could quite feasibly fund a player transfer or two, FBT seems an obvious one, Brynn seems out of our reach to me. 

I'd be looking at a solid CB to replace Baudry I think, he still has his place in the squad but can't be playing this many games back to back anymore. If there is the slightest chance we can get FBT and somehow get Tomlinson away from Peterborough, as well as the anticipated Jephcott signing, that would be the dream January.  Perhaps an extra CM on loan from somewhere although in this scenario Iandolo becomes more of an option.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 09:57:02 »

I understand Charlton get 25% of Williams fees too. So it pretty much evens out.

The wording from Fifa is as follows:- Teams will receive $10,000 per player, per day while the player is involved in Qatar. The payments will go to all clubs the player has played for in a two-year period prior to the world cup.''

That said, I don't think any fee is split - Town & Charlton will both get $10,000 each per day for Williams & JoJo.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 10:03:20 »

Yeah we desperately need a new CB for me to help sure up our defence. Baudry and MacDonald can't be relied on fitness and MacDonald hasn't really shown the player he can be yet. The others we've signed don't really cut it, in my opinion.

Tom Clayton is a serious talent. Lets get him a partner.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 10:47:10 »

Yeah we desperately need a new CB for me to help sure up our defence. Baudry and MacDonald can't be relied on fitness and MacDonald hasn't really shown the player he can be yet. The others we've signed don't really cut it, in my opinion.

Tom Clayton is a serious talent. Lets get him a partner.

Send Brennan back in January, we can get a much better centre back on loan. January you tend to have a good crop of players come available (players on Premier League/ Championship periphery who aren't getting game time). MacDonald and Clayton I thought were starting to look good and our defence has definitely got worse without him.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 10:56:44 »

Send Brennan back in January, we can get a much better centre back on loan. January you tend to have a good crop of players come available (players on Premier League/ Championship periphery who aren't getting game time). MacDonald and Clayton I thought were starting to look good and our defence has definitely got worse without him.

We've been pretty unlucky with Centre Backs, just when it looks like we get a settled partnership one of them picks up an injury. Based on what i've seen MacDonald (who was improving before he got injured) Clayton and Brennan (based on the last few league games) look to have something about them. Baudry has been too erratic and Harries just very poor. I'd personally be willing to give Brennan November and December to see if he settles down before deciding to terminate his loan.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 14:44:18 »

Yeah MacDonald was improving before he got injured, for sure. I'm still hopeful there. Brennan doesn't cut it in my opinion and Harries is so far from the required level I still can't get over the decision to sign him.

We need to bring at least one in and hope MacDonald and Clayton can stay fit.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 14:48:21 »

Harries was a strange signing considering he's 25 and been around a bit. Not sure what our scouts/ex manager saw in him.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 14:49:34 »

Harries was a strange signing considering he's 25 and been around a bit. Not sure what our scouts/ex manager saw in him.

Something moneyballish you'd have to think.

Hasn't worked.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #674 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 15:34:07 »

Something moneyballish you'd have to think.

Hasn't worked.

Was a Garner signing, apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: