Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 353847 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:39:10 »

Any idea on the dreaded ‘option’ once his contract runs out?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:44:18 »

Any idea on the dreaded ‘option’ once his contract runs out?

Nothing that I can see, but it's a good point. Sometimes clubs neglect to mention it in their signing blurb so there could be one, but I am sensing not in this case.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 17:06:23 »

Tomlinson would walk straight in to this team and be one of the first names on the time sheet, for me.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 08:02:40 »

Sol Brynn’s contract with Middlesbrough ends 31/5/23. Again, no idea on any possible option.

Surely he’d be worth signing on a perm.

Never realised FBT is 27.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 08:52:04 »

Sol Brynn’s contract with Middlesbrough ends 31/5/23. Again, no idea on any possible option.

Surely he’d be worth signing on a perm.

Never realised FBT is 27.

Brynn on a permanent would be a real statement of intent. I had a look on the Boro website and I'm sure it's just an oversight, but Brynn isn't even listed in any of the team squads, they have Steffen, Roberts, Daniels and Joe Lumley loaned out to Reading. Unless I am being blind?

https://www.mfc.co.uk/teams/

I hadn't realised Luongo was at Boro now. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 09:02:05 »

Their 1st choice at the moment is Steffen, a loan from Man City so maybe a stop gap until they think Brynn ready although Steffen is 27 so surely not a going concern for City, if 'Boro want him permanent you'd imagine he'd be available.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 09:08:33 »

I'd missed or forgotten Brynn had been to Queen of the South last year. He played 21 times before being recalled in December.

Would love to sign him, don't think he's BFG good yet. But the BFG wasn't BFG good at this time of year either Smiley

Problem (we can all see) is Boro will see he's doing well. There's a risk of recall and loan higher up to bump his value even if they don't want to keep him.

You never know though.

@Bob, looks like he's sort of between u21 and first team and not listed, at least for now.

DMC

« Reply #652 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 09:08:52 »

Who?  Not saying we have a bunch of misfits or anything, just that players in L2 rarely go for much unless they are a forward with what looks like untapped talent for a higher level.  I am struggling to think of anyone bar Wakeling who hits those requirements currently, plus they need a long term contract as well.

In the past few years the ones who we have sold for any money at this level have been DJ, Ajose and?

McKirdy wouldn't have brought in game changing money for example.

The only others beyond those in years gone by were players who were at the top of League One.

What is game changing money to you though mate
DMC

« Reply #653 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 09:10:17 »

Tomlinson would walk straight in to this team and be one of the first names on the time sheet, for me.
I agree. I think FBT could be a great CB tbh as well.

I don't think we stand a chance at signing Brynn though
adje

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 11:10:47 »

Jonny Williams up against 2 former Town players in League 2 player of the month award. Josh Davison and Kyle Knoyle

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 12:15:03 »

What is game changing money to you though mate

In the context of how Audrey framed it originally, in the ballpark of 500k.  The kind of money worth tying a player down for if you think it could be on the table.  We may have some players who are worth 50k or so, but most teams at this level don't bother to pay that, they wait until the players become free agents.  It improves a little if we go up a league, but down here, I'd wager we don't have those 500k type of players.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 12:27:46 »

May depend on the wage that FBT is on at Burton, if they have no interest in him they may be willing to release him to free up his wage but you would expect they would have to pay him off, or he refuses to leave so he gets bigger wages until end of season.

Many options, they give him a free transfer so stfc can pay him a bigger salary then if we would have to pay a fee for him even

They are clearly keeping their options open by not allowing him to get cup tied though

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 12:31:29 »

In the context of how Audrey framed it originally, in the ballpark of 500k.  The kind of money worth tying a player down for if you think it could be on the table.  We may have some players who are worth 50k or so, but most teams at this level don't bother to pay that, they wait until the players become free agents.  It improves a little if we go up a league, but down here, I'd wager we don't have those 500k type of players.
Yet, we’ve paid money for a few players this season - Adeloye, Khan, potentially Jephcott. I’d wager 2 out of those 3 would be worth more than we paid for them (obviously guessing on Jephcott but, from what we’ve heard, the fee has already been agreed)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 12:46:03 »

I'd be utterly amazed if we paid anything more than the contract pay offs required to free-up each player, plus we don't usually sign players to three year plus deals (Wakeling being a recent exception and for good reason).  I'm not counting Jephcott just yet - he could be worth something if we do indeed sign him. 

Clayton is probably the only other on our books, but I think we'd need an entire season out of him and go up a level first.  Khan is too old for the position he plays to get a higher division side sniffing around I think.  If he was 5 years younger then maybe - certainly not going to see someone spending more than a seasons wages to release him at this point in his career at a L1 or higher level.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 12:47:23 »

Actually, Wakeling aside, Khan is probably my favourite signing this post season.  Good enough for the division we are in, a bit of upside with coaching and good players around him but not a youngster, so likely to stick out his contract.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: