Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346154 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Thursday, November 3, 2022, 21:44:02 »

I can think of at least 3 who would get good money .

Who?  Not saying we have a bunch of misfits or anything, just that players in L2 rarely go for much unless they are a forward with what looks like untapped talent for a higher level.  I am struggling to think of anyone bar Wakeling who hits those requirements currently, plus they need a long term contract as well.

In the past few years the ones who we have sold for any money at this level have been DJ, Ajose and?

McKirdy wouldn't have brought in game changing money for example.

The only others beyond those in years gone by were players who were at the top of League One.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Thursday, November 3, 2022, 22:19:40 »

I think the main thing is that, Brynn apart, we can probably cope with any of the loan players being recalled better than we did last season
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:02:05 »

I think the main thing is that, Brynn apart, we can probably cope with any of the loan players being recalled better than we did last season

FBT ?

Not sure we have decent cover if he gets recalled - which maybe there is something in Burton not wanting him cup tied ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:08:10 »

FBT ?

Not sure we have decent cover if he gets recalled - which maybe there is something in Burton not wanting him cup tied ?

Yeah I have a feeling they might look to recall him in January. Perhaps their new manager fancies him more than Jimmy Floyd Mayweather did.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #634 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:22:55 »

Yeah I have a feeling they might look to recall him in January. Perhaps their new manager fancies him more than Jimmy Floyd Mayweather did.
Unless we step in and make them an offer for him now that they can't refuse.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:25:47 »

I like FBT but I really don't think we should be making any sort of "offers that can't be refused" for a left back. If he's available for a reasonable price, then great, but the bank should remain firmly unbroken.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #636 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:35:00 »

I like FBT but I really don't think we should be making any sort of "offers that can't be refused" for a left back. If he's available for a reasonable price, then great, but the bank should remain firmly unbroken.
I have to admit I would be happy to pay 」50k to 」75k for him, he is our biggest threat from attacking corners, he can play CB and LB and we do look a much weaker side when hes not playing, I would value him higher than say Louis Reed.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:41:09 »

Who would you prefer if Joe Tomlinson became available🤔

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #638 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:41:59 »

Who would you prefer if Joe Tomlinson became available🤔
No, I would pick FBT but I would sign him too Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:48:21 »

No, I would pick FBT but I would sign him too Smiley

Good answer😀 I've no idea if Tomlinson is injured or out of favour as I never hear his name for Peterborough.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #640 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:52:32 »

Good answer😀 I've no idea if Tomlinson is injured or out of favour as I never hear his name for Peterborough.
Hes out of favour, he was available on deadline day for a loan move but nothing transpired.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:54:06 »

Hes out of favour, he was available on deadline day for a loan move but nothing transpired.

Cheers JJ so maybe still an option in January depending.....

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 13:55:43 »

I have to admit I would be happy to pay 」50k to 」75k for him, he is our biggest threat from attacking corners, he can play CB and LB and we do look a much weaker side when hes not playing, I would value him higher than say Louis Reed.

attacking threat at corners and swindon town is something that i have never really seen. maybe with flint.
all of set pieces are generally useless. something i wish we would get coached into more. those extra points from set pieces are huge in a season. like arsenal on sunday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #643 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:00:53 »

attacking threat at corners and swindon town is something that i have never really seen. maybe with flint.
all of set pieces are generally useless. something i wish we would get coached into more. those extra points from set pieces are huge in a season. like arsenal on sunday.
Most teams in L2 play for set peices and often score from them (against us!) the last real attacking threat from corners for me was Shaun Taylor.

For his height FBT is really good in the air, but hes no ST.

Unfortunately though he (and MacDonald when fit) are our only real threats at attacking corners.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Monday, November 7, 2022, 14:05:55 »

Unless we step in and make them an offer for him now that they can't refuse.

He joined Burton in July 2021 signing a 2 year contract and Burton probably have 2 or 3 options depending on whether Dino Mamma Mia rates him or not.

1. They recall him, he has a great second half of the season in league 1 and he signs a new contract (think this is unlikely)

2. They recall him and sell him to us, or another team for a token amount in the January transfer window before his contract runs out.

3. They let him stay with us and just let his contract run out (Point 2 probably makes more business sense for Burton I would have thought)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: