Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346211 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 16:39:51 »

true that. I thought it was good news assuming we are right and the muff chairman is playing silly buggers.

Was a little surprised at the goalkeeping situation though. Not that its wrong, just unexpected
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 17:10:32 »

We may not even want Jephcott yet.

I remain unconvinced that someone didn't get hold of Sandro's mythical spreadsheet and go and add the  =INT(RAND()*100) function everywhere in place of the players stats.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 20:39:57 »

That is literally every single deal in the world though buddy. That's not us

The point is, we should've just bought him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 21:21:12 »

So we have not fucked it

Not yet 😉

Things get better but they never get good
DMC

« Reply #499 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 06:41:40 »

The point is, we should've just bought him.
But the same problem can happen then as well? Why buy someone we can have for free on trial for 6 months
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 06:53:41 »

Also may have needed the McKirdy money to fund it. McKirdy wasn't done by EFL deadline
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 07:14:05 »

But the same problem can happen then as well? Why buy someone we can have for free on trial for 6 months

because as explained above, that's now how it works.

All we get is first refusal.

If Jephcott doesn't want to join, we are back to square one.

If he does well another club will just give him more wages than we can afford Should've done the deal when we had the chance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 07:36:03 »

because as explained above, that's now how it works.

All we get is first refusal.

If Jephcott doesn't want to join, we are back to square one.

If he does well another club will just give him more wages than we can afford Should've done the deal when we had the chance.

…but if he’s crap we have no obligation to buy a shit player we don’t want
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 07:41:17 »

…but if he’s crap we have no obligation to buy a shit player we don’t want

If he's crap that says more about us than anything else. He's proven to score goals at this level and higher and is still young.

I just can't be fucked with another Doyle / Yates scenario.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 07:48:39 »

The Doyle/Yates scenario where we ended up with both for the whole season and got promoted? I'd definitely take that...

Seriously though, I get wanting certainty but there never really is in football. If we bought him outright and it got to January and someone with a bit of money wanted to buy him then, there'd still be every chance of him going. McKirdy was our player under contract, it didn't stop the vultures circling. This is just our place in the football food chain right now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 07:55:11 »

Also may have needed the McKirdy money to fund it. McKirdy wasn't done by EFL deadline

My memory might be playing tricks on me but didn't we say when we signed Jephcott that we did the loan with the option due to the lack of time to do a deal permanently? I suspect this may have been down to the McKirdy income as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 07:55:46 »

The Doyle/Yates scenario where we ended up with both for the whole season and got promoted? I'd definitely take that...

Seriously though, I get wanting certainty but there never really is in football. If we bought him outright and it got to January and someone with a bit of money wanted to buy him then, there'd still be every chance of him going. McKirdy was our player under contract, it didn't stop the vultures circling. This is just our place in the football food chain right now.

That's not what happened though is it. Both got recalled. Doyle missed 3-4 games, Yates missed a couple too IIRC.

We were lucky we got them back. Doyle practically had to kick the door down.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 08:00:44 »

My memory might be playing tricks on me but didn't we say when we signed Jephcott that we did the loan with the option due to the lack of time to do a deal permanently? I suspect this may have been down to the McKirdy income as well.
Aye that's what Sandro
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 08:41:43 »

Just a thought if Jephcott has played for Plymouth and ourselves this season - he can’t play for anyone else this season can he?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 08:57:32 »

Just a thought if Jephcott has played for Plymouth and ourselves this season - he can’t play for anyone else this season can he?

Good point. If that still stands.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: