Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354513 times)
DMC

« Reply #450 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:00:30 »

Unfortunately that has been his only attribute so far but I do agree with you. It will be interesting to see if Hutton gets much game time or he's just going to warm the bench for Lavinier. With 5 subs you can potentially switch them about as and when. Although SL only seems to want to use 2 changes on average (I've not checked that, just taken from yesterday's game really)
First 2 games he was started at LB had a bad game and got dropped 😔 confidence shot to fuck already
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:10:56 »

First 2 games he was started at LB had a bad game and got dropped 😔 confidence shot to fuck already

I had forgotten about that. I think Walsall played Shade at LWB last season so it seemed odd that he was RB and Hutton at LB. It's almost as if SL was trying to be too clever. It's almost the time to go back to basics and play the best players in their positions.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:15:51 »

fair points above

it's been a bit odd playing players out of position at times.

What was Darcy at right back all about for instance.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:21:58 »

fair points above

it's been a bit odd playing players out of position at times.

What was Darcy at right back all about for instance.

Ugh the more you mention, the more you really have to question what SL is actually doing. Hutton and LB and Darcy at RB are just plainly odd decisions.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:23:59 »

They actually swapped for Salford so only the Harrogate game, I noted straight away to the guy to my right they'd done that.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:46:39 »

Brennan, Harries, Tomi, Adeloye & Hutton all looked good in the limited time on the pitch but I do see potential in Brynn, Darcy, Clayton, Blake-Tracy,  Khan & Shade. I haven't seen anything of the recent acquisitions so can't comment😀

Interesting analysis. Who do you think has been better, Tomi or Adeloye?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:50:22 »

about even
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:51:38 »

about even

Equally terrible?

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 17:52:17 »

Adeloye has been head & shoulders above Tomi.

Really! That’s what your saying?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 17:58:53 »

Really! That’s what your saying?

Eeerrr I thing that is exactly what he is us saying.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 18:11:40 »

I honestly think we have recruited badly - like a kid playing FM who has added some money to a transfer budget of a Div 4 team and just goes around buying everyone with no plan.

We seem to have got carried away buying up possible rough diamonds and forgot we actually need a team that can win games in this Division.

I do not see anything in the following to suggest they are top of the table go getters or able to play a league above (you want some of those if you want to go up):

Hutton
Shade
MacDonald
Blake-Tracey
Adeloye
Khan
Harries
Clayton
Brennan

Now, a couple of those have some talent you can work with, like Khan.  Blake-Tracey is a good pro type of player.  Nothing flashy, not going to set the world alight, but doesn't seem out of his depth and you could have someone like him in your squad if going for promotion.  Clayton could be good enough this season - I don't think he is up to last seasons loans in central defence, but he is comfortable and hopefully continues to grow.  It's not that I am saying they are all awful, just that you'd want two or three max, not half your first team.

Wakeling and Darcy look like they could bring something to the table this season, but not where they are playing (Darcy at Right Back is nuts).  

Brynn is a good signing.

We still have holes in the first team for me.  Shade, Wakeling & Jephcott as our front three is nowhere near McKirdy, Simpson/Davison & Barry.  Not even close, and we were still a forward short last season in all honesty.  That for me is the biggest problem - at this level, a good front three would cover a myriad of other shortfalls.

It's not all about the squad though - it's got enough in it to extract more than we are seeing.  Darcy at right back makes no sense unless someone was taking bets.  Wakeling through the middle on his own is bizarre.  Williams and Gladwin together makes just about one footballers worth of working legs and Williams has no interest in supporting a striker from wide it seems.

I haven't called out Lindsey yet - know nothing about him.  While the performances have been bad, and tactics look odd, he's managed to get draws.  It's not like we are losing them all, so have given him some slack.  I just think we are being limited by naivety at all levels in the club right now.  Yet get the free pass last season for that, we should have recruited better - players, management, exec etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 18:41:14 »

With the forward line, we do now have Hepburn-Murphy to add at some point.

I have assumed he is Barry like positionally, but don't actually know. Never heard of him before the other day.

We have brought in the Banbury winger. Assume he's for now not later but again, don't know.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 19:12:24 »

I honestly think we have recruited badly - like a kid playing FM who has added some money to a transfer budget of a Div 4 team and just goes around buying everyone with no plan.

We seem to have got carried away buying up possible rough diamonds and forgot we actually need a team that can win games in this Division.

I do not see anything in the following to suggest they are top of the table go getters or able to play a league above (you want some of those if you want to go up):

Hutton
Shade
MacDonald
Blake-Tracey
Adeloye
Khan
Harries
Clayton
Brennan

Now, a couple of those have some talent you can work with, like Khan.  Blake-Tracey is a good pro type of player.  Nothing flashy, not going to set the world alight, but doesn't seem out of his depth and you could have someone like him in your squad if going for promotion.  Clayton could be good enough this season - I don't think he is up to last seasons loans in central defence, but he is comfortable and hopefully continues to grow.  It's not that I am saying they are all awful, just that you'd want two or three max, not half your first team.

Wakeling and Darcy look like they could bring something to the table this season, but not where they are playing (Darcy at Right Back is nuts). 

Brynn is a good signing.

We still have holes in the first team for me.  Shade, Wakeling & Jephcott as our front three is nowhere near McKirdy, Simpson/Davison & Barry.  Not even close, and we were still a forward short last season in all honesty.  That for me is the biggest problem - at this level, a good front three would cover a myriad of other shortfalls.

It's not all about the squad though - it's got enough in it to extract more than we are seeing.  Darcy at right back makes no sense unless someone was taking bets.  Wakeling through the middle on his own is bizarre.  Williams and Gladwin together makes just about one footballers worth of working legs and Williams has no interest in supporting a striker from wide it seems.

I haven't called out Lindsey yet - know nothing about him.  While the performances have been bad, and tactics look odd, he's managed to get draws.  It's not like we are losing them all, so have given him some slack.  I just think we are being limited by naivety at all levels in the club right now.  Yet get the free pass last season for that, we should have recruited better - players, management, exec etc.

Cracking post and a sense of reality.

if you think you are going to put together a promotion winning team from players recruited from the likes of Walsall, Barrow, Ayr etc. then not bolster a squad with quality loan signings to the level of KKH, Crithlow, Simpson. That added to losing the quality of Conroy, Payne, McKirdy etc  it’s a very risky business. Then put that lot together with a Manager with no experience.

After all we were told it’s a longer term plan.

Supporters are already starting to feel short changed (once again).
It’s the hope that kills us.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 19:27:03 »

Where do you think Barrow and Walsall, for example, recruited from? You’d think that all the present top sides have all recruited from the cream of available players. They haven’t though. We’ve paid for players, handed out 2 year contracts and kept loans to a minimum.

The finger points at organisation, tactics and coaching. The 3 things we are so obviously shit at.

No way can you tell me this squad isn’t good enough for a top 7 finish.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 19:34:55 »

We’ve just sold a player for 250k who before joining us couldn’t get a Carlisle or Port Vale ffs.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: