Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 345703 times)
kaufman

« Reply #375 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:05:27 »

The tweet about Mckirdy and Ward came from a twitter account with no followers and about as many following.

Will see what happens but, you know….
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:08:33 »

All unfounded talk at this stage obviously but...

Might be OK with that, a McKirdy style player might be easier to find from the loan market than a Simpson, yes we got Simpson on loan last term but I don't think he's as common as a Louis Barry for example.  I'm positive he's got a higher ceiling as far as profit goes than Harry does but we might be slightly worse off as far as net goals for go if this were to happen.

All told if this is how we lose McKirdy then I think it could be the best way for it to happen.  He'll always be remembered fondly this way.  I've absolutely loved Harry as a fan and would love to continue to but I don't see a world where Simpson and McKirdy can both exist in our squad where we are now.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:10:57 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:44:35 »

assume you mean financially can't both exist.

clearly could on the pitch!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:55:59 »

If we ended the window without McKirdy but with Simpson, I'd be incredibly disappointed.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #379 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:59:49 »

If we ended up without McKirdy but with Simpson and another i'd be happy. All opinions though isn't it and very unlikely 
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 20:54:07 »

I have said this for a while, always had a feeling it's going to end messy. Heard a random rumor today that he was telling people on a golf course he is joining Cardiff

Jumping 2 divisions, with his playing record? Ok, we lauded over him last season as either our messiah or talisman, maybe both but as has been pointed out one season out of six is it?

The figure Aud suggested of £350k from Luton (if true) clearly was not enough to trigger a selling clause or if none exists not enough to tempt the club to unload him and bank the cash.

We know there is Circa £700k sloshing around in the system for the Twine sell on, which I’d be fairly confidant was not added into the playing budget, another, say £500k for McKirdy would also likely not be included into the playing budget if he went somewhere but his wages would, so in effect one out, one in plus the striker were looking at and we are trust me on that. There probably are a number of target options for this position we’ve not made a move on because Sandro has them identified but they’re being watched down to the colour of their boot laces right up until the deadline day to get as much data and in person match day contact on them before plunging in, which don’t be surprised involves a transfer fee. Could easily be a loan but we seem to not be shy about opening the piggy bank ATM.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 1, 2022, 20:56:40 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 21:39:11 »

The tweet about Mckirdy and Ward came from a twitter account with no followers and about as many following.

Will see what happens but, you know….
I sort of hope this is all bogus.....

If McKirdy wants out I fear that he will fall out with the club. I don't think he'll recreate last season for Swindon again, so, much as I'd hate to lose an exciting player, I'd understand if we cash in. But would Simpson want to come here if all the players he played with last year have gone?

I feel sorry for Ward. I don't understand why Brynn was brought in tbh. I think Ward is a good keeper at this level and imho he should have started at the weekend.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 07:31:56 »

Quote from: Pericardinho
If we ended the window without McKirdy but with Simpson, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

Me too.

unless we ended up with cash that would also be invested into a McKirdy replacement. Trouble is, tick, tock
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 08:36:50 »

If we ended up without McKirdy but with Simpson and another i'd be happy. All opinions though isn't it and very unlikely 
I agree, but I feel we are more likely to end up with neither IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 09:38:30 »

assume you mean financially can't both exist.

clearly could on the pitch!

Yes, from a financial point of view, would love to see it on the pitch again.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 10:22:36 »

As a comparison, Luton have just signed John McAtee from Grimsby for £500,000. He scored 16 goals in the Conference last season- the only decent season he’s had after knocking around non league for years -  he’s in the final year of his contract and is 23 years old.

Now tell me we shouldn’t be looking for similar for McKirdy.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 10:33:31 »

As a comparison, Luton have just signed John McAtee from Grimsby for £500,000. He scored 16 goals in the Conference last season- the only decent season he’s had after knocking around non league for years -  he’s in the final year of his contract and is 23 years old.

ONE MIRRION DORRA
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 10:36:25 »

As a comparison, Luton have just signed John McAtee from Grimsby for £500,000. He scored 16 goals in the Conference last season- the only decent season he’s had after knocking around non league for years -  he’s in the final year of his contract and is 23 years old.

The fee is undisclosed and said to be a lot lower up front @ £150k up front plus add ons, also Luton have loaned him back to Grimsby for the season so they are still after a striker so don't rule out McKirdy still being a target for them.

He is also 2 years younger than McKirdy.

Stockwood has just been on Humberside, says the fee is not £500k, but it includes performance related add-ons and a sell-on. Interest was clear around a month ago. He was never going to sign another contract with us, so it's the best deal we can get. Some money is upfront.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 10:49:20 »

It won't be £500k. Closer to 250k with add-ons apparently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 10:50:03 »

Then even the up front fee should be double. McAtee has only played 46 games in league football, ffs. Age difference should make little difference - 23 or 25.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: