Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67896 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:10:07 »

Re. Baudry as assistant - I’d prefer someone more experienced (in Marshall’s mould) to come in given we’ve a rookie manager…I get that’d leave room for a first team coach, but I think that would be a brave move.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:11:14 »

Yes, and someone like Macari these days would be going to a club in the Championship or Premiership! He was the equivalent of Rooney, Gerrard, Viera, Arsenal manager, Burnley manager (who's names I forget as I have little interest in Premiership).

To be fair that's overstating Macari's profile as a player. He played for United at a bit of a low period for them. The only league title they won in his time was in the second division. He might have an FA cup winners medal but not much more.

..never go back.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:17:40 »

Apologies if mentioned but James Spencer confirmed on the supporters club live that Scott Marshall has left, so we’ll see some new faces arriving imminently you’d think.

James Spencer really needs to stop talking.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:21:01 »

The same James Spencer who told us we had a coach signed up pending the 2 Scotts leaving? Hmmm

I feel the trust should speak more when questioning the club and less dropping spoilers.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:22:06 »

The same James Spencer who told us we had a coach signed up pending the 2 Scotts leaving? Hmmm

That’s exactly why.

I get he’s trying to keep the fans updated, but it’s not his job to be spokesperson for the club.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:22:49 »

I agree and for the same reason include Caddis in that. Baudry is moving into the finance world anyway so i'd be amazed if his head was turnt

I was actually told Baudry had signed on for another year.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:25:06 »

That’s exactly why.

I get he’s trying to keep the fans updated, but it’s not his job to be spokesperson for the club.

The same supporters trust that didn’t bother asking any of the questions the supporters asked them to ask RE Zav at the supporters advisory board meeting.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:33:48 »

SL comes across very well, and seems like a decent bloke... wish him all the best.

I do however smell a rat, something is a miss here. SDM said theres too much sentiment in football a few days ago and then appoints someone because hes liked at the club, very data driven.

Again, we need clarity on Zav Austin... if only there was an avenue for supporters to ask such questions.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:38:34 »

Very much this!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:40:12 »

Lucky it's an ex agent. Anyone who doesn't think Standing is still involved is very naive, nothing illegal in that either. So bloody annoying the club didn't think it was wise he left the role 2 years ago the fucking idiots
this kind of thing is where I think the trust and transparency are failing.

Initial thoughts on 'involved' would be financial. But it could be anything from recommending players to being the £2m long term debtor.

I think the lack of information on Austin and the Karachi thing worries me more tbh.

if we just had Clem around I'd probably be more relaxed.

but anyway this is way off topic and wrong thread
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:43:42 »

Lucky it's an ex agent. Anyone who doesn't think Standing is still involved is very naive, nothing illegal in that either. So bloody annoying the club didn't think it was wise he left the role 2 years ago the fucking idiots

I wish we had a supporters trust who could press the club on why someone with an FA Charge hanging over there head for improper ownership of a (this) football club is still hanging around.

Maybe the my could do as thorough a job as they did into the due diligence of our vice chairman

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:45:32 »

Especially when our main defence against the FA Charge appears to be ‘it was the old owners guv, honest! We didn’t know nothing about it and we’re straight mow’

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:48:34 »

I agree 100% davido
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:49:05 »

It’s far from fucking open and honest either

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #104 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:49:28 »

I wish we had a supporters trust who could press the club on why someone with an FA Charge hanging over there head for improper ownership of a (this) football club is still hanging around.

Maybe the my could do as thorough a job as they did into the due diligence of our vice chairman
Genuine question and not being sarcastic here, have you emailed the trust to ask these questions or emailed the club
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: