Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67699 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:19:33 »

Big thing will be new signings and renewals now, that'll show the intent. Hopefully get a few this week now this is announced.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:22:23 »

Oh well....expected to be underwhelmed and got that delivered. Was'nt expecting Klopp by the way!

By naming him now (dont care what was said on the wireless yesterday) its obvious he was'nt the number one target. Name him earlier and give a few weeks head start IMO.

Anyway...

He knows the players and the Club set up which i hope will be a huge advantage to him.

He defo wont get as much slack as Garner got last season for sure.

Best of luck to him. Lets get some players in and a get an Auto spot.....please!!!

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:23:23 »

Thing is people wouldn’t actually be wrong would they? People are making judgements based on the facts at hand and his CV and based on that the appointment makes little sense, if it works great but that doesn’t mean the current concerns aren’t legitimate or ‘wrong’.

I also don’t get the 3 year deal for a rookie, I’m assuming there is a break clause if it isn’t working?

Exactly this. Why there has to be some a wobbly when people make valid criticisms is beyond me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:30:04 »

That works both ways though  Wink
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:32:57 »

Exactly this. Why there has to be some a wobbly when people make valid criticisms is beyond me.
Is there a wobbly? It's just people disagreeing with each other
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:33:54 »

its almost as if you arent ultra positive happy clapping about everything you arent supporting the club.

criticisms and awkward questions are born out of love for this club and wanting us to be better in every single way on and off the pitch, if we all just sat here and trusted everything were being told & accepted 'theyre doing their best' then we wouldnt have a club to follow.

we're all town and we all want success- scrutiny is needed to achieve that.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:41:33 »

its almost as if you arent ultra positive happy clapping about everything you arent supporting the club.

criticisms and awkward questions are born out of love for this club and wanting us to be better in every single way on and off the pitch, if we all just sat here and trusted everything were being told & accepted 'theyre doing their best' then we wouldnt have a club to follow.

we're all town and we all want success- scrutiny is needed to achieve that.

Exactly this. Some of our fans need to familiarise themselves with toxic positivity, because its a thing.

The thing that makes me laugh is when we were going up under Power with Eoin Doyle scoring every week, people who hated Power and wanted him out were mocked and shouted down and told to concentrate on what was happening on the pitch. The same people were the "At least we've got a club" merchants whenever someone complained about Garners tactical ineptness last season.

So which is it? Boardroom or Pitch or just whichever allows you to bury your head away from nasty negativity?

We've definitely got a section of a fan base that are moany cunts, but a big section of our fan base just cannot hear any form of negativity so much to the point that they'd rather not live in reality sometimes and I genuinely do wonder where their line is. We were joking yesterday about Graham Rix as Manager and signing Adam Johnson just to push some of these people and see if you'll get a squeak out of them.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:43:47 »

If this means Payne(and others)stay then that'll more than do for now

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:45:28 »

People make criticism.

People make counter criticism.

Don't think anyone's throwing a wobbly either way.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:48:34 »

We are Lindsey's red and white army.
I think "Lindsey" on its own sounds a bit,I don't know,effete? I suggest we change the "We are" to "we're" and add his Christian name.🙂
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:52:57 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:49:49 »

People make criticism.

Most of the time it isn't arguing a counter point though, is it? Its just mocking people or complaining about them being negative....or my favourite: completely misunderstanding the reason people are unhappy and then arguing against something totally different, which happens a lot around here.

"People are unhappy it isn't a big name", for example. Which was absolutely not the case as to why 99% of people were pissed off yesterday.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:52:06 »

People make criticism.

Ha very true. Chalkie has been throwing a wobbly about happy clappers for days  Wink
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:54:48 »

Most of the time it isn't arguing a counter point though, is it? Its just mocking people or complaining about them being negative....or my favourite: completely misunderstanding the reason people are unhappy and then arguing against something totally different, which happens a lot around here.

"People are unhappy it isn't a big name", for example. Which was absolutely not the case as to why 99% of people were pissed off yesterday.
If it was that simple i would agree with you but when you start saying people would defend the Rix appointment or Sandro is a bullshitter and you don't trust him because he says something you disagree with I think it's fair people have a pop from time to time in exactly the same way it's fair you do at people who defend the indefensible
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:55:17 »

Stop throwing a wobbly mate it was a valid criticism.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:41:49 »

Stop throwing a wobbly mate it was a valid criticism.

What was? That people are complaining that it wasn't a big name? Actually the point was that wasn't what was happening. So it isn't valid.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: