Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67947 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:51:52 »

Nope, have only found out tonight (and only rumours etc blah blah). I will do

It might be completely honest and above board- but it doesn’t pass the sniff test

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:00:28 »

Genuine question and not being sarcastic here, have you emailed the trust to ask these questions or emailed the club
I asked them to raise Adam Hart’s involvement and got nothing, they’ve lost all credibility for me they are basically just another version of the OSC now who are just there to support the club.

No problem with Clem, he seems a nice but the more you see the more it just looks like a rearrangement of the deck chairs from the outside with the likes of Austin & Standing lurking in the background. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Standing the actual ‘owner’ at the end of all this and that won’t sit well with me as he’s got us into some significant trouble.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:02:20 »

I asked them to raise Adam Hart’s involvement and got nothing, they’ve lost all credibility for me they are basically just another version of the OSC now who are just there to support the club.

No problem with Clem, he seems a nice but the more you see the more it just looks like a rearrangement of the deck chairs from the outside with the likes of Austin & Standing lurking in the background. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Standing the actual ‘owner’ at the end of all this and that won’t sit well with me as he’s got us into some significant trouble.

Spot on, official supporters clubs are vetted by the football club- trusts should be a pressure group.

ive cancelled my trust direct debit, no longer fit for purpose (after doing a stellar job getting rid of power it must be said).
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:02:46 »

James Spencer really needs to stop talking.
I’m surprised the Trust haven’t reined him in yet - and I say that as respectfully as possible as I know he’s well meaning but he hasn’t helped manage fans’ expectations in recent weeks.

Around the wider ‘too close to the club’ debate - I think it’s a valid argument. I’ve always thought the Trust should play the role of ‘friendly agitators’ (as they did brilliantly with Power) but they appear far too close with the club now to properly hold them to account.

Edit - the Million Pound Man beat me to it on my second point!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:04:36 »

Upon reflection I’d also add that the trust should be asking those kinds of questions automatically, without the need to be pressed to do so, in the interests of good governance of the football club

In regards to being open and transparent I’d also expect any involvement to be acknowledged *somewhere* - even if it’s as little in the advisory board action notes referencing the FA charge

Again, based on rumour and conjecture etc.

Things get better but they never get good
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:14:41 »

Yes, the trust done well in the summer.

But we need a trust that’s gonna interrogate and question what’s happening at our club. Right now they are in this regimes back pocket and wouldn’t dare speak up against them. Appears to be a board full of yes men. Currently not fit for purpose.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #111 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:17:01 »

Apologies if mentioned but James Spencer confirmed on the supporters club live that Scott Marshall has left, so we’ll see some new faces arriving imminently you’d think.
Hope he has not jumped the gun again
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:19:24 »

Lindsey speaks……

https://t.co/evfVkXDkFL

Didn't think he cave across that badly at all.
The only piece which did stick was he said we will go and do aggressive attacking possession based football. Close down quicker and win the ball back quicker. Then when asked what his main role was, the defence, keeping the space and shape. That is a worry because we were very stand off last year and this was his area of operation.
Time will tell, he may just be a rough diamond himself and move us along nicely
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:20:12 »

I'm still pro trust to get the ground purchase done - part ownership of the ground for fan groups will be more important long term than anything else the trust can do in the short term. I also totally appreciate that interpersonally the senior trust bods who have worked with RA for years are going to be close to the club.

I think distance will come with time and with natural generational change at the top of the trust. I imagine a lot of the current board want to see the CG purchase done and will see that as a natural stopping point. If that means being very vocally pro Clem beyond the natural level of support until it's done then maybe that's the means to the end.

MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:21:44 »

I'm still pro trust to get the ground purchase done - part ownership of the ground for fan groups will be more important long term than anything else the trust can do in the short term. O also totally appreciate that interpersonally the senior trust bods who have worked with RA for years are going to be close to the club.

I think distance will come with time and with natural generational change at the top of the trust. I imagine a lot of the current board want to see the CG purchase done and will see that as a natural stopping point. If that means being very vocally pro Clem beyond the natural level of support until it's done then maybe that's the means to the end.

Is it true the trust have been loaned money by Clem to help purchase the ground?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:40:38 »

the offer was made if they couldn't secure the funds wasn't it?

I thought they were talking to the Edy trust
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:56:41 »

Again, we need clarity on Zav Austin... if only there was an avenue for supporters to ask such questions.

Out of interest, what clarity do you need?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #117 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 20:59:49 »

I thought he clarified last year when he sat in his pink pants
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 21:01:46 »

I thought he clarified last year when he sat in his pink pants

How can anyone forget that! Which is why I asked what clarity he wanted.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 21:06:30 »

Out of interest, what clarity do you need?

Is he on the board? Was never clearly announced one way or the other, believe it was left as applying to EFL to be on the board.

Karachi- he's on film saying this is costing the club a lot of money... how much and why is it a priority? Ringing ST holders begging for them to waive a refund on one had whilst he's flying around the world on laundering, I mean recruiting, missions to a country its very difficult to get a Visa from doesn't seem to add up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: