Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67575 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:25:08 »

Going to need some massive signings to get any positivity out of this, if this was under Power people would be losing their shit and when it comes to on the pitch stuff the same standards apply!

Agree. Just feel completely flat about it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:33:19 »

Sorry just doesn’t stack up for me, his CV has nothing in it that says 1st team coach and a 3 year deal is just a nonsense. Rightly or wrongly it feels like we were have either got desperate, ended up with staff we had nothing else we could do anything with after they didn’t go to Charlton or a combination of both. It seems his main credentials that are emphasised is people like him and he’s local, other than that on paper he seems to tick no boxes. The fact it has taken 4 weeks to end up he raised alarm bells for me.

I’m going to be controversial here and say do Angus and Clem have any better idea then most people on here when it comes to managers as Garner was Chorley’s choice previously.

Going to need some massive signings to get any positivity out of this, if this was under Power people would be losing their shit and when it comes to on the pitch stuff the same standards apply!
Totally understandable too, can't blame fans thinking like this. Disagree about Garner though, many were saying the same last year at the appoitments.

Either way, it's done now. Be interesting to see who we bring in
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:33:57 »

Seems like Hoddle/Gorman all over again  and look at how that ended!

Will support him but feel totally uninspired- how the hell does it take weeks to appoint someone already here?

As others have said expect autos next season. If we aren’t challenging at Christmas the fan base will turn toxic quickly
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:40:29 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange

Whilst on the subject of not dressing things up the assistant is likely to send some over the edge apparently. He won't disclose a name but he's from the lower echelons of the league/non-league pyramid.

does anyone give a fuck about the assistant manager (cone gatherer)?

it would be great for it to be someone who has managerial experience in or close to the league
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:41:11 »

Also having a convicted money launderer posing in press photos doesn’t inspire much confidence from me for Clem either
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:41:53 »

Seems like Hoddle/Gorman all over again  and look at how that ended!
...in the third tier of English football?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:42:01 »

Can’t see this convincing our best players to stay or OOC signing either. Cheap Poundland option
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:45:27 »

it would be great for it to be someone who has managerial experience in or close to the league

You could argue the Head Coach is little more than a cone gatherer based on the current set up.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:45:32 »

I think a period of realization now needs to set in, we are not this big club that will attract the names that was being circulated around. The fans themselves got all carried away by following betting odds from the bookies (why? the betting market is dictated by betting behavior) and the media which did not have a clue either and random rumors. Some of the fans got their knickers in a twist over Sol Campbell. Because of the hype, the expectation of a Carrick type of name was in abundance.

The club did not say anything, they went about the business quietly and hopefully diligently. Comparing this to Hoddle and Gorman is just silly. As if Garner is some football genius who was a tactical wizard (He wasn't)

Now we will find out, who was really responsible for the season we had last season. Now the club can continue as you were

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:51:49 »

I don't think people got their knickers in a twist because people expected Michael Carrick. I think they got their knickers in a twist because they think he's a bit of a cunt.

People that don't like the negativity seem to be constantly changing the arguments to justify why its wrong.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:53:27 »

Well it could be our next manager, so probably quite important.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #71 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:54:24 »

I don't think people got their knickers in a twist because people expected Michael Carrick. I think they got their knickers in a twist because they think he's a bit of a cunt.

People that don't like the negativity seem to be constantly changing the arguments to justify why its wrong.
The same for why it's not right either, both sides as bad as eachother and i include myself in that. We could be sat here arguing that it's Paul caddis
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:55:56 »

Quote from: Quagmire
Well it could be our next manager, so probably quite important.

only after a 4 week wait though
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:56:22 »

Also having a convicted money launderer posing in press photos doesn’t inspire much confidence from me for Clem either

You're not a fan of club owners are you?  Grin
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:56:44 »

I think a period of realization now needs to set in, we are not this big club that will attract the names that was being circulated around. The fans themselves got all carried away by following betting odds from the bookies (why? the betting market is dictated by betting behavior) and the media which did not have a clue either and random rumors. Some of the fans got their knickers in a twist over Sol Campbell. Because of the hype, the expectation of a Carrick type of name was in abundance.

The club did not say anything, they went about the business quietly and hopefully diligently. Comparing this to Hoddle and Gorman is just silly. As if Garner is some football genius who was a tactical wizard (He wasn't)

Now we will find out, who was really responsible for the season we had last season. Now the club can continue as you were

I sort of see where you're coming from, but a club in our division has Mark Hughes as a manager.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: