Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67846 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:01:53 »

and we also appointed Dennis Wise, Paolo Di Canio and Lou Macari in this division. (even a lesser extent Paul Sturrock who was very proven and sought after).

Its bollocks. It is in the same family as "But who would buy the club?" type drivel when people would call for Power to fuck off.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:02:26 »

I sort of see where you're coming from, but a club in our division has Mark Hughes as a manager.
What has Hughes achieved as a manager? Not a lot as far as I can tell.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:05:37 »

More than Michael Carrick as far as I can tell.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:06:00 »

Managed about 500 Premier League games? I'm not here to be his agent or anything, but think it's fair to say his CV is pretty strong for someone taking a L2 job.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:08:30 »

Managed about 500 Premier League games? I'm not here to be his agent or anything, but think it's fair to say his CV is pretty strong for someone taking a L2 job.

Is it not more of a worry how he's ended up in League 2? Looks like a Phil Brown trajectory.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:10:56 »

I am pleased to see that the mindless speculation has ended, at least until the end of September 2022.

Nothing to see here
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:37:23 »

He get's my backing. Good luck to him
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:40:29 »

Also having a convicted money launderer posing in press photos doesn’t inspire much confidence from me for Clem either

Could be worse if an ex football agent took the photo.

Just need some decent signings and hopefully Payne not on his bike.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:44:19 »

and we also appointed Dennis Wise, Paolo Di Canio and Lou Macari in this division. (even a lesser extent Paul Sturrock who was very proven and sought after).

Its bollocks. It is in the same family as "But who would buy the club?" type drivel when people would call for Power to fuck off.

The Macari appointment was so long ago it's from an entirely different era when relatively high profile players needed to work after their playing careers because they weren't all multi millionaires.

The other two name players would have struggled to get bigger clubs as their first job because of their deserved reputations for being a pain in the arse. Their later stellar careers elsewhere indicate why.

Sturrock was starting his trajectory downwards after failure at Southampton and Wendies, and we were clearly headed for L1 that season.

..never go back.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:45:17 »

Highly decorated playing career but if Wikipedia is anything to go by his only managerial honour is winning manager of the month…once.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:47:34 »

The Macari appointment was so long ago it's from an entirely different era when relatively high profile players needed to work after their playing careers because they weren't all multi millionaires.

The other two name players would have struggled to get bigger clubs as their first job because of their deserved reputations for being a pain in the arse. Their later stellar careers elsewhere indicate why.

Sturrock was starting his trajectory downwards after failure at Southampton and Wendies, and we were clearly headed for L1 that season.

Yes, and someone like Macari these days would be going to a club in the Championship or Premiership! He was the equivalent of Rooney, Gerrard, Viera, Arsenal manager, Burnley manager (who's names I forget as I have little interest in Premiership).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 18:57:32 »

Could be worse if an ex football agent took the photo

Seriously?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:02:01 »

We are Lindsey's red and white army.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:06:02 »

Apologies if mentioned but James Spencer confirmed on the supporters club live that Scott Marshall has left, so we’ll see some new faces arriving imminently you’d think.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 19:07:34 »

Apologies if mentioned but James Spencer confirmed on the supporters club live that Scott Marshall has left, so we’ll see some new faces arriving imminently you’d think.
Yes, and Paul Caddis didn't turn up or make contact.

Finally, there was a suggestion (not from someone ITK) of Baudry as an assistant coach.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: