Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67742 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:50:17 »

I'm assuming that the other Scott is sticking around?
Some room to accommodate Caddis on the coaching staff would be welcome, but all well & good if the 2 Scott's can take the strain & any savings are recycled into the playing budget.

Some good examples of people with a less than stellar playing career going on to make a mark in coaching.

As always, even with due diligence every managerial appointment is still a risk with no guarantees.

As fans it would be good to pick up where we left off towards the end of last season.

Looking forward to the fixtures & some positive news on contract renewals.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:51:51 »

Be remiss not to put this up

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:52:48 »

“Trust no one” on his arm. How inspiring.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:53:44 »

I thought he spoke pretty well and said pretty much what we thought he would.

Hopefully he will engage the fans more than Garner ever did or even tried.

Has a few of his own ideas about aggression on the pitch and attacking with speed, something we missed under Garner at times, certainly the aggression side of it.

I can see why Clem decided to appoint Lindsey as apparently most of the players last season said that the dressing room was the best they had ever experienced, so its continuity and hopefully will keep a few of the OOC players and get some in to compliment the players we already have.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:57:47 »

Fucking hell hahaha
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:58:15 »

This is the kind of posts i am refering to when i say constantly negative on here. How has his tattoo got any relevance to anything ffs. There are plenty of other reasons to doubt this appointment but bloody hell.. It's a tattoo
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:58:28 »

It's obviously a 'meh' appointment. No need to dress it up any other way. I'm just happy we have somebody in the building, the other thread was getting pretty angsty!

Whilst on the subject of not dressing things up the assistant is likely to send some over the edge apparently. He won't disclose a name but he's from the lower echelons of the league/non-league pyramid.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:59:11 »

I thought he spoke pretty well and said pretty much what we thought he would.

Agree. He also said quick attacking football, but then again so did Garner in his Charlton interview Cheesy
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:01:23 »

Agree. He also said quick attacking football, but then again so did Garner in his Charlton interview Cheesy

Lindsey did call out not keeping it at the back for the sake of it, in one of the vids i just watched. Sounded like a bit of a dig at Garnerball. And music to our ears.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:01:33 »

Whilst on the subject of not dressing things up the assistant is likely to send some over the edge apparently.

Well I hope its just that no one has heard of him from that rather than someone known for being spectacularly awful.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:02:20 »

Lindsey did call out not keeping it at the back for the sake of it, in one of the vids i just watched. Sounded like a bit of a dig at Garnerball. And music to our ears.

The positivity I'm clinging to today.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:02:43 »

Oh god, I have just read on his blurb that Scott Lindsey's kids go in the town end for most games. I really really really hope it goes well for him as some of the shit shouted by fans can be toxic to listen to.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:03:25 »

Well I hope its just that no one has heard of him from that rather than someone known for being spectacularly awful.

I think it's probably the former to be honest.

NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:04:33 »

My thought is that of recent managerial appointments, many of us (if I recall the TEF threads at the time) were more positive about Brown, Flitcroft or McGreal than we were about Wellens and Garner - but we all know which two of those five turned out to be the better appointments.
I just hope Lindsey hasn’t said “it’s Swindon Town!” In his first interview.

Hopefully the relationships from last season will encourage the likes of Egbo and Payne to sign again, and he will know how to make McKirdy tick (an outsider may not).

Looking forward now to the new (or re) signings being announced.

Some people have posted that “promoting assistants never works” - more accurate to say that it can work and has on occasions. Some have cited examples of it not working already, equally there are some which worked rather well - Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan being the best examples of that.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:06:06 »

Not buying Sandro saying he doesn't know how close Lindsey came to joining Charlton.

He comes across as a bit of a bullshitter, to be honest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: