Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141366 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 13:35:53 »

If you think it takes 5 years to sort out a <7m turnover per year business (ignore the football side for a minute), then can I have you as my CEO please?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 13:36:57 »

Absolute back tracking from the club on Zav Austin, last year the club named him as such and they let him do a Q&A on behalf of them to potential sponsors!
The club have absolutely no choice if they want to avoid a fine.

I guess the legal route was eventually exhausted and here we are.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 13:38:56 »

I do feel for the club, they answer every question and when its not to someone's liking or doesn't fit their fanciful agenda then they just get slated
I though the Power chat was "fanciful agenda" once too.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 13:56:35 »

Your only going to piss yourself off doing that, the club will just keep plodding along doing what they think is best. And so far they have done fairly well at that.

Are you being serious?  The success criteria for the club is a) do well in a footballing sense and b) make a profit (or cover the losses without exposing the business.  On the first point they have failed miserably - surely that is not even up for debate?

The day we set our expectations lower, based on what we know is achievable given the scale of the "business", is the day we follow Oldham or Rochdale.  I'm not saying we have any god given right to be in a certain league position, but to have an expectation to be mid table in Div 4 when 10k people pay to turn up is ludicrous.  You may counter with historical debt issues, or not being run well - basically, we run at lower Revenue than we should do given the ticket sales, something that they could, and are, focusing on.  The expectation should still be for more than this season delivered, sorry not sorry.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:04:48 »

Are you being serious?  The success criteria for the club is a) do well in a footballing sense and b) make a profit (or cover the losses without exposing the business.  On the first point they have failed miserably - surely that is not even up for debate?

The day we set our expectations lower, based on what we know is achievable given the scale of the "business", is the day we follow Oldham or Rochdale.  I'm not saying we have any god given right to be in a certain league position, but to have an expectation to be mid table in Div 4 when 10k people pay to turn up is ludicrous.  You may counter with historical debt issues, or not being run well - basically, we run at lower Revenue than we should do given the ticket sales, something that they could, and are, focusing on.  The expectation should still be for more than this season delivered, sorry not sorry.

It was more aimed at those that think we should be pissing the leagues because we were in the prem many moons ago. As a fan base our loudest voices tend to be those at the lower and upper extremes when it comes to expectations.

I expect us to be in a higher division, however I didn't expect Clem to be a magic bullet that would propel us up the leagues season after season. His first season was an absolute miracle/fluke given the situation, this season showed inexperience. When he bought the club, and I am sure I have put it here on in the Facebook group, was that it would take us 3 or 4 seasons to go up. So far its all within my expectations, maybe not my hopes or dreams, but definitely what I expected.

In no way am I saying we should just accept mid table in league 2, but there are numerous examples on these forums of expectations being set well outside of the reality that sits in front of us.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:14:51 »

If Clem and the club are serious about wanting people to invest their time, let them invest their money and become proper small shareholders.  I would suggest that Clem dilutes his ownership by selling off shares in the company that owns the club - he can do so without impacting his ownership rights by controlling how many.

They would need to achieve a hell of a lot of service in lieu to make it worthwhile doing that.

Whilst it may not dilute the ability to make decisions or day to day matters, from peripheral experience managing companies/organisations with a large small scale shareholdership is a costly administrative nightmare, be it maintaining the register, having to communicate papers to people, having to try and sort things when people move and don't tell you about it and then the associated whining and ball ache when they don't get told about things.

Would introduce a whole new subject for people to moan about and combine that with the costs and administrative ball ache it would take a lot of toilet unblocking and application of emulsion to make that worthwhile.  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:16:04 »

Absolute back tracking from the club on Zav Austin, last year the club named him as such and they let him do a Q&A on behalf of them to potential sponsors!

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/march/gallery-stfc-sponsors-dinner-2122/

Huge apologies for going over old ground over and over again and fair play, the club have answered the Zav question in detail. I guess my remaining niggle is what does Zav Austin get out of the 'voluntary' work and the Pakistan project? Some kickback from visas and comp tickets to STFC matches? Perhaps he feels that he owes Clem for helping him out historically and is giving up his time for the good of the club?

The club have answered the questions and so I'll have to take the response at face value, but it just doesn't feel quite right.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:24:56 »

Huge apologies for going over old ground over and over again and fair play, the club have answered the Zav question in detail. I guess my remaining niggle is what does Zav Austin get out of the 'voluntary' work and the Pakistan project? Some kickback from visas and comp tickets to STFC matches? Perhaps he feels that he owes Clem for helping him out historically and is giving up his time for the good of the club?

The club have answered the questions and so I'll have to take the response at face value, but it just doesn't feel quite right.

He gets to tell his mates that he is bessie friends with a rich bloke who owns a football ,club and helps him with running it. I strongly suspect its a little more than ego thing where he gets to pretend he is more important than he really is.

Much as with personalised number plates its portraying a perceived image.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:27:53 »

It was more aimed at those that think we should be pissing the leagues because we were in the prem many moons ago. As a fan base our loudest voices tend to be those at the lower and upper extremes when it comes to expectations.

Nobody actually thinks or says that though, do they?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:39:42 »

They would need to achieve a hell of a lot of service in lieu to make it worthwhile doing that.

Whilst it may not dilute the ability to make decisions or day to day matters, from peripheral experience managing companies/organisations with a large small scale shareholdership is a costly administrative nightmare, be it maintaining the register, having to communicate papers to people, having to try and sort things when people move and don't tell you about it and then the associated whining and ball ache when they don't get told about things.

Would introduce a whole new subject for people to moan about and combine that with the costs and administrative ball ache it would take a lot of toilet unblocking and application of emulsion to make that worthwhile. 

It may be a headache, we may not have the resources onboard to support it right now, but we did manage to achieve this as a business until Black.  If something is worth it, it's worth it. 

Let the fans properly invest - it's sort of what the Stadium company are allowing, via the Trust.  Either we mean it when we say we want to be the number one fan engagement football club, or we don't.

An AGM carries far more weight than a fans drink and chat twice a year.  Production of full accounts shows real openness.  It becomes a two way street - fans can put up, or to some degree, shut up.  If I want to be invested in the club and get the benefits of openness that come with that, I put my money where my mouth is.  If not, I can be a lot quieter on the outside (people won't, but you surely get what I mean?).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:11:04 »

Just been reading the AB minutes again. When is the Standing v Power case expected to be heard? Is that going to happen this year?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:54:20 »

Just been reading the AB minutes again. When is the Standing v Power case expected to be heard? Is that going to happen this year?

I'll send the bat signal out on Twitter. I've lost track

January AB notes:
It was noted that the Club is trying to close out the FA Charges whilst Power and Standing are looking to defer until the Standing v Power case is heard which will be sometime in 2023. It looks likely that the delay in the Standing v Power case will defer the outcome on the FA charges.

31st December?
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:59:33 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 11:23:41 »

It'll happen when it happens, must be hugely frustrating for the club to have this hanging over their head and entirely outside their control.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 14:56:43 »

It is wrong it can be conveniently blocked, but you would think that Power / Standing don't want the FL / STFC to expose anything before the court case, and the FL may be happy to see what comes out in court, lets be honest there is probably a lot of crap that will be thrown around between them - depends what they say Clem knew which by the seems of it is nothing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 15:58:09 »

It'll happen when it happens

Is that official court scheduling?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: