Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141288 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:13:30 »

I probably fall into the grumpy out git category - but have two comments about pre match "entertainment"

1. the first game the STBL guy did pre match, we got in about 2.15 or so, and he was bellowing into the microphone trying to get the 3 stands to  chant in turn - the problem was there were probably only a few hundred people scattered across the 3 stands at that point - everyone else was either in the concourse or still in the pub/on the way to the ground - optimistic or pointless, depending on your viewpoint.

2. when we get into the ground we like to have a conversation with those who sit around us - either about the team news / game ahead or what we are doing away from football. having load music or someone shouting through a microphone is of no interest to us - it just disrupts our conversations.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #841 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:22:46 »

I probably fall into the grumpy out git category - but have two comments about pre match "entertainment"

1. the first game the STBL guy did pre match, we got in about 2.15 or so, and he was bellowing into the microphone trying to get the 3 stands to  chant in turn - the problem was there were probably only a few hundred people scattered across the 3 stands at that point - everyone else was either in the concourse or still in the pub/on the way to the ground - optimistic or pointless, depending on your viewpoint.

2. when we get into the ground we like to have a conversation with those who sit around us - either about the team news / game ahead or what we are doing away from football. having load music or someone shouting through a microphone is of no interest to us - it just disrupts our conversations.
I agree pretty much with all of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:29:52 »

I guess the families get to the grounds earlier and so the pre match entertainment is geared towards them. So therefore having the Swindon Mr Tumble on the microphone probably makes sense.

Before the Bradford game, Rockin Robin and the Bradford chicken mascot were having a penalty shoot out competition that was getting both sets of fans involved. Simple, fun and effective.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:24:22 »

I genuinely think if people could see change and actions they would renew. They won’t renew though necessarily on the back of emotional blackmail ala every match day programme notes

Yeah, you can't put the cart before the horse. Fans have bought tickets and backed the club and they've balls it up. They have to go out and win the support now.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:27:06 »

Before the Bradford game, Rockin Robin and the Bradford chicken mascot were having a penalty shoot out competition that was getting both sets of fans involved. Simple, fun and effective.

Exactly. This plus maybe adding one or two Swindon 'Hall of Famers" each home matchday with a short pitchside interview would be plenty for me, plus maybe a fan competition to score from halfway etc.

Have we given up on the Hall of Fame? They were dishing out ties for a few years.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:14:51 »

doing some small fry podcast , which I found a bit cringy (I am sure others enjoyed it ) didn't equip this chap with the skills needed to warm up the crowd. I am sure it is a hard job and requires a properly paid professional

If you've seen my previous comments on whether the person booked/hired for the gig isat a professional standard...I concluded not.

My point is, the club made a decision to appoint/give that role to someone. Doesn't matter who it is or how shit/good they are. For the work they've done to date, they should be compensated. It's the clubs fault if they hired without a proper interview process or didn't do a proper recruitment campaign. On a purely moral element, Town have had plenty of absolute dog shite managers and they've been paid for their time and ¨effort¨"so in that instance, Hanners should also get paid. If the club then decide to bin him off, or let him shadow ab actual professional then that'll be a different fish  Wink

==========================

Questions For Advisory Board....

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:17:28 »

Remember when Sky first launched the Premier league and had fireworks, cheerleaders, inflatable sumo wrestling etc. I think that lasted about a season as people just weren't interested.

Palace still have the ''Crystals'' though and they should definitely stay  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 13:00:06 »

If you've seen my previous comments on whether the person booked/hired for the gig isat a professional standard...I concluded not.

My point is, the club made a decision to appoint/give that role to someone. Doesn't matter who it is or how shit/good they are. For the work they've done to date, they should be compensated. It's the clubs fault if they hired without a proper interview process or didn't do a proper recruitment campaign. On a purely moral element, Town have had plenty of absolute dog shite managers and they've been paid for their time and ¨effort¨"so in that instance, Hanners should also get paid. If the club then decide to bin him off, or let him shadow ab actual professional then that'll be a different fish  Wink

==========================

Questions For Advisory Board....

What are you on ? is 'hanners' your mate ?

Why should he get paid for wanting to increase his ego, if he cant do it hand back the mic, simple as that, tbf he hasn't made a difference and at times made himself look like a total muppet so he would probably hand the mic back anyway.

I Remember the days of Stuart Mac on the mic, and local radio presenters were used, a decent job was always done then, but that was years ago.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 15:16:51 »

What are you on ? is 'hanners' your mate ?

Why should he get paid for wanting to increase his ego, if he cant do it hand back the mic, simple as that, tbf he hasn't made a difference and at times made himself look like a total muppet so he would probably hand the mic back anyway.

I Remember the days of Stuart Mac on the mic, and local radio presenters were used, a decent job was always done then, but that was years ago.

Absolutely not. I don't know Hanners from Adam. If you'd read my previous comments you would understand this.

Increasing one's ego is completely moot in regards to remuneration - whether you, I or anyone else likes the person or not.

Let's flip it then...if you had been booked/appointed to do a job and after a few weeks/months etc it turned out that you weren't upto the standard the booker/employer thought then rightly so you might be relieved of your duties under a form of probationary period but....and it's the important part...you would and should still be paid for the work you have done upto that point.

The key matter really is whether or not Hanners had been promised payment for this role. If not, that's still poor on the club to not be looking to pay for a Professional Stadium Announcer/Compere. If he had been promised payment then of course it's also poor on the club if they don't think they should pay him.

It's neither here nor there if he was good/professional enough for the role and ''handing the mic back'' or at least getting some more relevant training would be the obvious options for Hanners.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 15:29:42 »

God no the match day experience is improved without having to endure that hanners bloke .
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 15:44:37 »

God no the match day experience is improved without having to endure that hanners bloke .

FFS can any of you cunts read? I'm not saying he's good, he's fucking totally not qualified to do the job but that's on the club for giving him said opportunity - the point of matter is if he had agreed to be paid or to do it for nowt.

Also, I'm no fan of his podcast but I'm not a fan of people trying to limit someone's progression just because they've actually had the balls to give something a go. The worst thing that can happen? You can be atrociously shit at it but it means you get an opportunity to learn from it and maybe look at ways at how you can become better.

We can all apply that to ourselves. Hanners himself can also, there's really no need for folk to get directly personal with him if that has been the case.

=====================================

Anyway this is ''QFTAB Fred'' and not the ''Hanners Ability to Become a Stadium Announcer Fred''  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 17:28:00 »

FFS can any of you cunts read? I'm not saying he's good, he's fucking totally not qualified to do the job but that's on the club for giving him said opportunity - the point of matter is if he had agreed to be paid or to do it for nowt.

Also, I'm no fan of his podcast but I'm not a fan of people trying to limit someone's progression just because they've actually had the balls to give something a go. The worst thing that can happen? You can be atrociously shit at it but it means you get an opportunity to learn from it and maybe look at ways at how you can become better.

We can all apply that to ourselves. Hanners himself can also, there's really no need for folk to get directly personal with him if that has been the case.

=====================================

Anyway this is ''QFTAB Fred'' and not the ''Hanners Ability to Become a Stadium Announcer Fred''  Cheesy

ffs my comments were not directed to you . I dont want to be rude but it is not all about you.

I may call up the owner or ask the advisory board whether I can have a go.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 18:12:51 »

ffs my comments were not directed to you . I dont want to be rude but it is not all about you.

He's got form for this kind of thing unfortunately

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 19:38:47 »

I'm aware of the second sentence and I know this. But your comment was directly under. I thought you simply couldn't be arsed to quote me. Plus, you had previously responded so thought this was just a natural response. Apologies but it seemed like it was part of the conversation flow  Wink

Regards your second paragraph, if I lived closer I was considering it myself 

He's got form for this kind of thing unfortunately

No need Bernard. No need  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 10:08:49 »

It was pitched up for a home run tbf..  And I think we have pretty much established what there is no need for  Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: