Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 143862 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:05:06 »

14,500 or so I assume, the published capacity.

So more like 10k  - assuming, from the comments, based on H&S certificates - an emergency generator maybe not be up to the required standard for a full stadium?  who knows - another one to add to the AB for next time around - fun this!

Ah gotcha.

But still depends upon a lot of context to decide whether this is a shambles (TM) Pathetic (TM) or just sensible resource management.

As I imagine its clear to the club that loads are unlikely to go again this season add into the pot that Stevenage and Crawley are not renown for their massive travelling support, plus are we even averaging 10k crowds, if its a case of say £30k for the 70% solution v. say £130k for the 100% solution it makes perfect sense to do that for the rest of the season then review in the summer (as is there in black and white in the AB minutes).

As we are not going to get a 10k crowd for love nor money, why does this so desperately need publishing to the fans, if we were averaging (or likely to get) 15k a game then undoubtedly so it would need communication but we ain't?

Many things are a shit show, but this strange desperation of many of our fan base to spin just about everything based on no context and little more than a rumour as a negative is getting bloody odd.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:13:05 by horlock07 » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 17:21:38 »

The sooner a new DOF is appointed the better. I suspect it's the only thing that will change the tone on here, convince people that we'll turn a page next season and boost ST sales.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 22:00:35 »

The sooner a new DOF is appointed the better. I suspect it's the only thing that will change the tone on here, convince people that we'll turn a page next season and boost ST sales.

This is spot on- I have renewed by the way however Angus having the if you don’t renew we won’t have a decent budget in every programme note is ridiculous.

Put out a decent promotion hunting side and you will get the crowds and renewals. If you don’t change anything in the football set up be prepared for much lower crowds.

I genuinely think if people could see change and actions they would renew. They won’t renew though necessarily on the back of emotional blackmail ala every match day programme notes
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 22:09:43 »

There may be an element that’s waiting to see what recruitment there is in the summer before committing to a ST new or renewal. As I’ve mentioned we’re not for the foreseeable future. Painful TBH but we’ve just not used them as much as we should have ordinarily. We will go, just pay the walk up price as and when. In a few years time when the DNA is back from U I we’ll be back.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:00:46 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 06:20:52 »

If there was any doubt that the club is a complete shambles and there is no reason to think next season will be any better, this eliminates it

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1649639346394259458?t=IN5v2BeMhF6GFVesybjwKQ&s=19
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 06:41:09 »

I doubt whether that will change it.

The only thing that stops football fans moaning is success on the pitch.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:24:52 »

If there was any doubt that the club is a complete shambles and there is no reason to think next season will be any better, this eliminates it

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1649639346394259458?t=IN5v2BeMhF6GFVesybjwKQ&s=19
Thanks for posting Boeta.
If ever a manager looked pissed off he did in that clip.
Mutual consent anyone ?

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:50:41 »

Thanks for posting Boeta.
If ever a manager looked pissed off he did in that clip.
Mutual consent anyone ?

Doesn't suggest joined up thinking with what was written in the programme notes or the AB. Morris didn't seem confident there that a promotion winning budget was forthcoming. Body language didn't look ideal to me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:52:15 »

It'd be a relief for him to fuck off and get someone in who knows what they're doing I reckon, especially if he keeps sulking all the time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:01:53 »

I'm not sure Morris is 'the man'.

But I will say that it's completely possible that he's been sold to the club by a cheque the club can't cash. I'm sure the Brand situation was a frustrating start and if budget promises look less certain now then I could understand his mood.

He's a young manager trying to make a first of management and there are no guarantees how many times this chance will come along if this turns to shit.

or he could have been told the absolute truth of the situation and is feeling the pressure  now the enormity of the task is more obvious.

as always we are all guessing.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:13:52 »

Even so he whinges every time a mic is put in his face be it players or club administration. If you don't like it fuck off and find something else, not like he had a lot of job offers and maybe that's why.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:17:07 »

Starting to sound like a younger Mark Cooper, with more fake tan.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 11:05:39 »

You never know, he could just be waiting to clear out everyone at the end of the season and bring the whole of Brand's former Chelsea youth team.

Most of the U23s that we have played in the tinpot cup have beaten us, so we might end up with a group of cheap kids who are better than what we've got.

We can't get much worse that what we already have in several positions on the pitch.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:00:36 »

Even so he whinges every time a mic is put in his face be it players or club administration. If you don't like it fuck off and find something else, not like he had a lot of job offers and maybe that's why.

Starting to become a bit of diva for a man with 3 wins in 15 games.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:51:25 »

just read the pdf doc . I nearly choked on my slice of gala pie when i read ' hanners'  request for payment for his efforts
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: