Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144030 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:01:04 »

RA and Clem were told of this issue on multiple occasions.

The emergency generator costs £3k a week which is why they are begging for ST money.

James .... Is it true the capacity is capped at 70%?

This and the constant begging for volunteers is embarrassing. If this was happening under Power the Trust would be up in arms but as I said at the start, there's no separation between the Trust and club and well here we are.

Why do you have an issue with club asking for volunteer help ? there are probably plenty of fans with trades that are willing to help out if they can, maybe the club will come to arrangements for payment or get the work free, if the club can get help for free then it means they have money to spend elsewhere, its called being part of a community and helping out where possible.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:09:05 »

Why do you have an issue with club asking for volunteer help ? there are probably plenty of fans with trades that are willing to help out if they can, maybe the club will come to arrangements for payment or get the work free, if the club can get help for free then it means they have money to spend elsewhere, its called being part of a community and helping out where possible.

because it wreaks of incompetence and inexperience.

We are not talking about some helping hands to clear snow off of the pitch here - something the club would never be staffed for.  We are talking about bread and butter jobs that we should be paying staff for.

You are talking about a Barter system, which the club is not doing.  There is nothing being provided in return of value.  Take the Intern roles as well - they may even be close to falling foul of employment law.  There is nothing against the law with providing short term internships to University students - in fact, in conjunction with a Uni, this can be valuable work exposure for the student.  We appear not to be doing that, instead asking for a year of unpaid work, nothing to do with a Uni course.  That HAS to be paid.

The club is a private business, not a Charity.  If it wishes to register itself as one, then we can talk about a true volunteering scheme.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:18:11 »

Was the Health and Safety guy really sacked?

Where has this come from?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:18:45 »

FWIW they will struggle to find anyone to do such work as a volunteer anyway I suspect.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:19:06 »

Where has this come from?

A twitter rumour. Nothing more. Nothing less.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:32:20 »

Having a restricted capacity is fairly significant and with ‘us’ owning the ground I would expect supporters to be told. Not that it actually matters currently but if the 70% restriction is genuine and has been kept hush hush that’s pretty poor.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:41:38 »

because it wreaks of incompetence and inexperience.

We are not talking about some helping hands to clear snow off of the pitch here - something the club would never be staffed for.  We are talking about bread and butter jobs that we should be paying staff for.

You are talking about a Barter system, which the club is not doing.  There is nothing being provided in return of value.  Take the Intern roles as well - they may even be close to falling foul of employment law.  There is nothing against the law with providing short term internships to University students - in fact, in conjunction with a Uni, this can be valuable work exposure for the student.  We appear not to be doing that, instead asking for a year of unpaid work, nothing to do with a Uni course.  That HAS to be paid.

The club is a private business, not a Charity.  If it wishes to register itself as one, then we can talk about a true volunteering scheme.

Man like RobertT speaking truths
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:43:46 »

Was the Health and Safety guy really sacked?

He's no longer at the club and H&S, I believe, now falls under RAs remit.

If the ex H&S guy was a football manager, I think the statement term used would probably have been mutual consent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:44:40 »

Cheers.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:46:01 »

Having a restricted capacity is fairly significant and with ‘us’ owning the ground I would expect supporters to be told. Not that it actually matters currently but if the 70% restriction is genuine and has been kept hush hush that’s pretty poor.

Given we're not going to hit 70% club probably aren't to bothered, but what it does say lead to is people right looking at the club and questioning the professionalism and competence of people running the  show.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:51:22 »

Given we're not going to hit 70% club probably aren't to bothered, but what it does say lead to is people right looking at the club and questioning the professionalism and competence of people running the  show.

70% of what?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:53:58 »

14,500 or so I assume, the published capacity.

So more like 10k  - assuming, from the comments, based on H&S certificates - an emergency generator maybe not be up to the required standard for a full stadium?  who knows - another one to add to the AB for next time around - fun this!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:55:32 »

I guess it’s what the restriction relates to that would be important to many. If for example it’s isolated to one stand, say the Stratton Bank then that in effect condemns it and would bring into question the whole point of just putting a roof on it as it would in effect confirm it needs a full rebuild. If it’s a stadium wide 70% then how is this remedied?

But like I said, they keep pumping out the ‘we own our ground’ stuff so surely this is exactly the type of stuff that people should be informed about if true.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:56:56 »

I'd imagine the safety certificates are a matter of public record somewhere.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:03:02 »

The same club that happily shafts fans at the first/ every opportunity? I'm sure theres a long queue of people struggling to make ends meet themselves willing to help them right now.

Man City tickets
Emotional Blackmail to renew
Trying to bump disabled STHs etc etc etc

Clearing (or rather moving) debt quickly is all well and good, but you cant put a price on goodwill and thats going off a cliff.

Example- having waved my refund like many others i also purchased 2 shirts last season. they havent been worn once and the tag is still on them but it felt like we were at a new dawn and the club needed help. I havent bought one this year, and even now at 50% off they arent tempting me at all. If the refund issue was happening now i would be pursuing it. 
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: