Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144087 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:39:22 »

Regarding the questions.

Shouldn't full (or as near as) transparency work both ways?
you could make the argument but the article says the name won't appear. so it's redundant data

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:47:31 »

I don't have any issues with the requirement of a name - because I still think the Q&A is a false transparency.  It enables daft questions to be asked that don't help anyone, and allows potentially important questions to be answered with one sentence vagueness.

There is a fairly decent question in there about the missing roles/people at the club, but it's answered in a politicians way because the questioner cannot re-word, push for a more specific answer or adjust their line of questioning based on the responses being received.  The Trust should take that role and have proper discussion around subjects.

The specifics of that question seemed to be aimed at determining what internal structure the business would adopt to ensure we had the correct focus on Ticketing/Retail/Commercial/Finance, and that the right people were being sought to fill those roles at the right levels.  Now, it's entirely possible we have a million different opinions on what good would actually look like, and we could even debate whether or not it's even important or not for fans to know (should they know or care?), but the answer was just a sort of - yeah, we are working on it.  I'd like to know what they are working on, how will it all shake out and why they think that is going to work best.  Why do I want to know that? because from the outside it looks like the operation is a bit of a mess, which can sometimes be a pre-cursor to longer term problems and issues (the Diamondis days did not start with some big obvious theft).  It's not that we should assume the worst, just that if a club tries to offer Transparency as a key deliverable, fucking do it.  Properly.

Again, as an outsider looking in, this is a big area where it looks like the Trust is missing a trick.  It's like they need to have two different operations in play now - one group of experts who focus on running the the Stadium JV and another group who run the usual Trust activity.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:49:22 »

you could make the argument but the article says the name won't appear. so it's redundant data

Ah ok, that's fair enough in terms of protecting individual privacy.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:57:41 »

I don't have any issues with the requirement of a name - because I still think the Q&A is a false transparency.  It enables daft questions to be asked that don't help anyone, and allows potentially important questions to be answered with one sentence vagueness.

There is a fairly decent question in there about the missing roles/people at the club, but it's answered in a politicians way because the questioner cannot re-word, push for a more specific answer or adjust their line of questioning based on the responses being received.  The Trust should take that role and have proper discussion around subjects.

The specifics of that question seemed to be aimed at determining what internal structure the business would adopt to ensure we had the correct focus on Ticketing/Retail/Commercial/Finance, and that the right people were being sought to fill those roles at the right levels.  Now, it's entirely possible we have a million different opinions on what good would actually look like, and we could even debate whether or not it's even important or not for fans to know (should they know or care?), but the answer was just a sort of - yeah, we are working on it.  I'd like to know what they are working on, how will it all shake out and why they think that is going to work best.  Why do I want to know that? because from the outside it looks like the operation is a bit of a mess, which can sometimes be a pre-cursor to longer term problems and issues (the Diamondis days did not start with some big obvious theft).  It's not that we should assume the worst, just that if a club tries to offer Transparency as a key deliverable, fucking do it.  Properly.

Again, as an outsider looking in, this is a big area where it looks like the Trust is missing a trick.  It's like they need to have two different operations in play now - one group of experts who focus on running the the Stadium JV and another group who run the usual Trust activity.

The Trust treat the club as if it's a supporter owned one, and that the Chairman just happens to be the top dog. It's not the cautious, cordial pragmatism of the Power era and questioning that closeness gets people's backs up. You have to wonder why.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:59:08 »

It's entirely possible I'm starting to overthink this...but how can you ask questions of the board?
- Email the trust
- Email the supporters trust
- Reply on twitter

All of these give a contact method (email address or twitter handle), having a name solves nothing

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 13:01:05 »

Thing is do all questions asked get answered in the minutes or do they get sorted through and certain omitted?

Looking at some of the shite that pops up on STFC SM I wonder whether there are fans asking things like 'Why is Zav such a cunt' and then getting all shirty and aggressive behind the scenes if the question isn't being asked.

TBH they should be named just so we could know what twat can't spell Blaydon!
DMC

« Reply #921 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 13:04:56 »

It's entirely possible I'm starting to overthink this...but how can you ask questions of the board?
- Email the trust
- Email the supporters trust
- Reply on twitter

All of these give a contact method (email address or twitter handle), having a name solves nothing
Imagine that leads more to the twitter handles that likely send in absolute bollocks. They have answered some pretty shitty questions so i don't think theyre avoiding it and they are likely getting lots of nonsense from email addreeses like bennetlikesbikes@aol.com  Cheesy
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 13:13:39 »

Exactly this.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 13:15:05 »

How dare you doxx me like this!!!

They've replied to my tweets saying that 100% of questions get an official response. I imagine there is a triage before things go to the board (else the minutes might be "question 5 - why are we such expletives?").
Just don't take questions over twitter - you'll get less reactive replies and you'll have an email address to reply to. Simple innit

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 13:52:33 »

There was a couple of questions about internal roles which was answered thus - 'Work is progressing with certain key appointments soon to be made. The Club is always looking to be as efficient as possible to ensure sustainability and to invest as much as possible into the football side of the business' and 'Work is progressing in filling key roles. We have filled key roles in Finance, Ticketing, Retail and Media but always looking to be as efficient as possible to drive a sustainable football club and invest as much as possible into the playing squad'. I suppose they are being honest that the playing squad rightly gets investment, but I do hope strides are made off the pitch to get things right off as well. Of course the most important thing for fans is that we win games, but surely having the groundwork done properly is key to becoming a well oiled machine?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 13:57:54 »

Thing is do all questions asked get answered in the minutes or do they get sorted through and certain omitted?

Looking at some of the shite that pops up on STFC SM I wonder whether there are fans asking things like 'Why is Zav such a cunt' and then getting all shirty and aggressive behind the scenes if the question isn't being asked.

TBH they should be named just so we could know what twat can't spell Blaydon!

I wonder how many pairs of walking boots that bloke has, he sure likes a ramble! All joking aside, he makes a very good point and whilst I think a Male voice choir is probably not what we need, a trusty songbook to build up the atmosphere isn't a bad thing. 3 or 4 recognisable and easy to sing Swindon favourites back to back could work. XTC - Senses working overtime - Elvis/UB40 - I can't help must be top of the list.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 14:07:59 »

Promotion to L1 should see a need for scaling up in terms of back office ops.
Much more so if we were to ever to reach the Championship.

Don't see much of a problem with the current approach as long as the key areas of club secretary & financial control are filled with a degree of competence.

Just a waste of energy to complain about it ad nauseum.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 19:04:56 »

I wonder what Power's strategy would have been if we'd got in the championship within five years🤔

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 08:51:20 »

Be interesting to see what happens with Sonny Hart IF Adam is no longer involved with the club.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 08:57:07 »

I wonder what Power's strategy would have been if we'd got in the championship within five years🤔

Sell for a profit and then move on.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: