Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144095 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 11:18:24 »

I'd have liked them to quantify why it's a problem vs just telling the supporters there's a (albeit) slight hoop to jump through.

TBH I've also got issues with data being captured, how it's stored and the use of that data, given it's arriving via an email address

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 11:19:41 »

I'd have liked them to quantify why it's a problem vs just telling the supporters there's a (albeit) slight hoop to jump through.

TBH I've also got issues with data being captured, how it's stored and the use of that data, given it's arriving via an email address

I expect it’s to stop accounts like the ‘STFC fans questions’ on twitter just sending loads through.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 11:41:51 »

I've no issue with it. Football fans questions inevitably attract mongs and if it stops shite questions like that div moaning about the word punter then its a good thing.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:00:28 »

I see this as a lack of transparency.
The trust are receiving and processing the questions and have put up an easily stepped over barrier.
They've said 100% of questions get an official response now, so what benefit is there to having a name?
It's very strange, unless they want to save the 20% of resources not responding to unnamed questions

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:00:42 »

The OSC send out an email before the meeting asking if anyone has any questions to ask, will presumably pass on the name rather than grouping them together
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:03:25 »

And shortly after that, the June minutes have been posted: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/club-releases-june-advisory-board-minutes/

My notes:

- Season ticket sales at 4.4k
- Kits to come end of June
- Lots of ground maintenance happening (not just the pitch)
- Trust has sold 1,531 voting shares of the CG
- First ever (brief) mention of Chris Kiely in the Advisory Board that I remember - "Chris Kiely provides data consultancy that will support the recruitment which Michael Flynn is undertaking"
- S & C being brought in house
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:06:28 by Nemo » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:03:33 »

No issues with that as long as individual names are not logged and kept anywhere.

We don't want a scenario whereby person x asks lots of questions and then ends up being either publicly chastised or receive a ban for asking awkward questions.

There maybe certain individuals that know certain things and can offer more in-depth questions, but they would not want their name logged anywhere.

I would hope this would not stop the trust et all asking the tough questions and publishing them.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:08:01 »

"For the 23/24 season the Medical and S&C team will be a fully in-house STFC team"

No more Adam Hart?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:09:26 »

Hopefully
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:11:15 »

I would hope this would not stop the trust et all asking the tough questions and publishing them.

Is that not the point? Don't want to harm the special relationship...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:23:06 »

No issues with that as long as individual names are not logged and kept anywhere.

We don't want a scenario whereby person x asks lots of questions and then ends up being either publicly chastised or receive a ban for asking awkward questions.

There maybe certain individuals that know certain things and can offer more in-depth questions, but they would not want their name logged anywhere.
This is one of my issues with this change.
It's solving a problem that doesn't exist and potentially creates a bigger problem for the questioner

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:26:36 »

Quote from: Mooneyraker
"For the 23/24 season the Medical and S&C team will be a fully in-house STFC team"

No more Adam Hart?

or he's on the books now 😁
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:31:15 »

Quote from: Quagmire
As far as I can see, there is nothing stopping anyone setting up a fake Twitter, or email account, using a false name. Which would take all of 2 minutes.

I. P. Freely
Seymour Butts
Mike Rotch...

Bart Simpson can be educational
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:34:54 »

It says the name etc won’t be published in the minutes etc but I guess the big question is does the club see the name of the person asking the question? If they do and someone asks a question or makes an accusation the club don’t like what’s to stop them taking action such as imposing a ban or issuing warnings to that person?

Also if the name of the person is disclosed to the club as a separate organisation surely this puts everyone into an iffy position with regards to data protection and GDPR?

Really there needs to be an ironclad commitment that the names of people aren’t passed on to the club either formally or informally otherwise people are less likely to raise anything overly controversial.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:35:24 »

Regarding the questions.

Shouldn't full (or as near as) transparency work both ways?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: