Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141231 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:18:03 »

Funnily enough that's mentioned in the minutes as "in progress" and more a 1-3 year plan (which is fine).

Get the impression we are in firefighting mode tbh.

I suspect that people are (for whatever reason) expecting way way too much from these promised mythical plans, lets be honest its going to say some generic shit about that we will try to be sustainable (which I suspect will be dependent on a combination of Clem and the fans putting their hands in their pockets - so nothing can be guaranteed at this stage) , will try to do up the ground (addressing the terms of the contract of sale) (which will be dependent on a combination of Clem and the fans putting their hands in their pockets and planning permission issues - so nothing can be guaranteed at this stage), will strive for promotion (which I suspect will be dependent on a combination of Clem and the fans putting their hands in their pockets and as we all know is dependent on literally 10's of other matters - so nothing can be guaranteed at this stage) yadda yadda yadda, there will be no specific timetables or budgets as the football business is so unpredictable that it would be less than useless, so when it is released some will pick holes in it whatever it says - which will be nice.

With the utmost respect to Clem for what he has done (yeah happy clapper I get it), its becoming ever more clear (as much as anything from the financial results coming out of Championship clubs)  that he just doesn't have the depth of pockets to take us into the Championship (and keep us there), very very few owners do, so I suspect his plan will be get us into the middle or upper echelons of L1 and either seek additional investment or roll the club onto another, with a following wind that could be done in 3 years rather making any plan beyond that superfluous, even if he did hang around into the Championship its a completely different game/business then so suspect there is literally nothing that could be predicted at this stage.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:24:07 by horlock07 » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:19:24 »

They are part of the advisory board. That implies a degree of 'power' unless it really is the box ticking, rubber-stamping exercise it seems to be. I don't give a toss about the 5 year plan but it is indicative of the issues. If I sat in a board meeting and said 'in progress' for a task every month for 18 months without delivering anything at all I'd expect some robust questions, and the impression is that those aren't being asked. Perhaps that is the wrong impression.

I actually agree with the new update that a 5 year plan is too long at this level but even a top line 3 year plan should be possible to pull together in a few days. Don't promise something and not do it!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:50:09 »

The Trust AGM is a week tomorrow by the way, for those who are concerned about its direction - they're absolutely not a closed shop. Unfortunately at the recent election, only existing board members stood for election, meaning they have at least one board vacancy and non-competitive elections.

I don't neccessarily disagree that some of the current leadership "feel" a bit too close to the club - but that's something that any of us as fans could try to do something about and don't. As Horlock said, easy to throw stones without putting yourself above the parapet - and we absolutely all do it - but fundamentally it's a fairly thankless task I'm sure!

Last year 6 new board members were appointed?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:53:27 »

They are part of the advisory board. That implies a degree of 'power' unless it really is the box ticking, rubber-stamping exercise it seems to be. I don't give a toss about the 5 year plan but it is indicative of the issues. If I sat in a board meeting and said 'in progress' for a task every month for 18 months without delivering anything at all I'd expect some robust questions, and the impression is that those aren't being asked. Perhaps that is the wrong impression.

I actually agree with the new update that a 5 year plan is too long at this level but even a top line 3 year plan should be possible to pull together in a few days. Don't promise something and not do it!

It's an advisory board, not a company board. They are asking our questions, if the club doesn't answer it to your standard, what do you think the Trust should do, to force the issue.
DMC

« Reply #679 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:54:37 »

It's an advisory board, not a company board. They are asking our questions, if the club doesn't answer it to your standard, what do you think the Trust should do, to force the issue.
Let us know that they didn't answer the questions i suppose
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 18:11:34 »

Let us know that they didn't answer the questions i suppose

They always provide an answer? Just it might not be the one you are looking for.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 15:58:20 »

Maybe at the nest AB it can be confirmed if Brand is on secondment or a permanent addition as it has never really been confirmed either way
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 16:02:07 »

Maybe at the nest AB it can be confirmed if Brand is on secondment or a permanent addition as it has never really been confirmed either way

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/ed-brand-becomes-assistant-head-coach-at-town/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 16:03:47 »

I thought the article posted on the website said it was permanent, because the EFL objected to a secondment as it may have been a conflict of interest in the EFL Cup/Trophy
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 16:22:07 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/ed-brand-becomes-assistant-head-coach-at-town/

"Swindon Town can today confirm the club has reached an agreement with Chelsea to bring in top youth coach Ed Brand as our new Assistant First-Team Head Coach on a full-time basis.

The 36-year-old, who is currently the London clubs under-18s Head Coach, has penned an 18-month contract at SN1 and will join us permanently."

That said, Morris' interview after this appointment was much more ambiguous...!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 16:29:58 »

"Swindon Town can today confirm the club has reached an agreement with Chelsea to bring in top youth coach Ed Brand as our new Assistant First-Team Head Coach on a full-time basis.

The 36-year-old, who is currently the London clubs under-18s Head Coach, has penned an 18-month contract at SN1 and will join us permanently."

That said, Morris' interview after this appointment was much more ambiguous...!
That's what it says. Permanent..

On an 18 month contract. when Morris was on a 30 month contract.

It wouldn't be a massive surprise to see him go back to Chelsea after would it 😛

18 months is an eternity in the life of an STFC manager mind
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 11:28:40 »

We should be getting some minutes soon enough shouldn't we?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 11:33:03 »

Zav's doing the redactions as we speak.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 11:34:39 »

Zav's doing the redactions as we speak.

'Zav is an absolute teddy bear and we'll shortly be announcing the signing of Pakistan's version of Mo Salah to play up front next season with Charlie Austin'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 12:11:48 »

'Zav is an absolute teddy bear and we'll shortly be announcing the signing of Pakistan's version of Mo Salah to play up front next season with Charlie Austin'

You forgot the addition in the more detailed section:

"Who will be under 18 to ensure his siblings and parents, maybe also grand parents, can all purchase sufficient legal advice and consultancy to obtain trailing family type Visa's, to keep our new star from being too homesick, of course."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: