Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144040 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:25:40 »

+ 500k cutbacks

Looking at the roadmap thingy, is getting up to L1 going to immediately bring in the additional £2m income needed to cover that??

There is no easy answers, we already appear to be 500k a year down on what we need to break even so if ST revenues drop either the budgets have to be cut accordingly or the owner is going to have to fund the shortfall?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:26:44 »

Credit it where its due, some actual probing questions are being included so thanks to the Trust for at least asking the questions.

The talk of early signings sound great- lets see it, and extend the early bird window until said signings have been made then you will get a flurry of renewals. Given the recruitment this year, for many (myself included) there is a feeling that the club cant be trusted to spend the renewal money wisely so we need to see some intent shown by the club first before we part with our cash.

Zav answer is bizarre, he has been addressed as VC many times and they said they had already applied so it doesn’t add up but whatever- hopefully they wont try and pull any fast ones like this again (not confident).

Kiely and Sandro questions ducked like an elected politician!  

Not a fan of the begging for trades people to do work for free as is implied, we’re a professional football club not a pub team- act like it.

Good that some objectives have finally been announced.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:36:23 »

Yes, credit and thanks to the Trust for asking the questions and for the new much improved format.

The questions must have been a pretty uncomfortable listen for Clem and Aberdeen, and rightfully so.

As an aside, can someone wash the sand out of the vagina of whoever complained about Morris referring to fans as 'punters'?! What a precious prick that bloke must be.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:44:43 »

Looking at the roadmap thingy, is getting up to L1 going to immediately bring in the additional £2m income needed to cover that??

There is no easy answers, we already appear to be 500k a year down on what we need to break even so if ST revenues drop either the budgets have to be cut accordingly or the owner is going to have to fund the shortfall?

Unless we can get some sponsors in. Have we got anything left to sponsor?  Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:52:53 »

Not a fan of the begging for trades people to do work for free as is implied, we’re a professional football club not a pub team- act like it.

As we are already running at a £500k PA loss there is only a finite amount of money to go round, its not ideal but its what it is.

Unless we can get some sponsors in. Have we got anything left to sponsor?  Hmmm

Is the ground still the 'Energy Check' or whatever it was/is? If not that seems to be one area of sponsorship that we are lacking which is strange as they seem to have been shit hot on all the rest?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:57:09 »

There will soon be an opportunity for someone to sponsor The Lipstick on a Pig Stratton Bank.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:59:05 »

The Claire's Accessories Glitter-on-a-Turd Stratton Bank
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 12:08:06 »

Yes, credit and thanks to the Trust for asking the questions and for the new much improved format.

The questions must have been a pretty uncomfortable listen for Clem and Aberdeen, and rightfully so.

As an aside, can someone wash the sand out of the vagina of whoever complained about Morris referring to fans as 'punters'?! What a precious prick that bloke must be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 12:21:07 »

As an aside, can someone wash the sand out of the vagina of whoever complained about Morris referring to fans as 'punters'?! What a
precious prick that bloke must be.

Or the conviction and due dilligence one?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 12:35:49 »

i could probably pen a far too long response to the new and improved meeting notes, but that would be a little unfair given someone has put some effort in here.

B for effort

The actual content is a mish mash - some good starting points, generally good to see a club giving any sort of insight, but it's well short of what is really needed here.  For example, I sure as hell hope the internal version is a lot more comprehensive - on the face of it, we are going to hope some ground improvements and transfer magic get us promoted and increase revenue by 50%.  There is a lot of wishy washy stuff in that, very non-committal and some great body swerving around any of the tricky questions.  I fully appreciate that nobody is going to come out and say that Di Michelle is being burned at the stake in front of a paying audience (raising income and solving a problem).  However, the only response to any hint of poor performance and bad recruitment activity is that we will try and do better.  The Academy stuff is fluff - someone needs to take them to Crewe, see what it takes to get to that kind of near Elite level, the infrastructure and staffing involved.  Some scaffolding, donated, is not going to change the game.  The Football Operations side of the equation is a mess and a million miles away from what is needed (on the face of it).

Anyway, i said I wouldn't go on!  Also give them a B for intent.  E- for Execution (which is a theme).
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:05:03 »

I like the idea of involving fans that have got trade's in the improvement of the stadium, there will be some that can donate their time for free, and I'm sure there may be others that can do a deal with stfc for their time if significant like for e.g. free matchday tickets for reduced cost ST etc etc, it all helps the club keeps costs down and for fan's to help with improving the CG.

I see someone mention its the club trying to do things on the cheap, but why not if they can save costs, then money not used can be used elsewhere.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:34:30 »

I think the plan for the additional £2m includes promotion to league 1, additional ST and ticket sales, use of "some" potentionally redevloped improvements (i.e. corporate boxes in the DRS) along with potentially having the availability of opening the SB more once we have a roof there..

I have no insider info, just my thoughts based on reading the report.  I agree it will be a hard push to get to an additional £2m revenue based on what they are able to do though, especially if they don't get a successful product on the pitch.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 14:41:07 »

Agree. Get a grip whoever that was.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 14:47:56 »

Agree. Get a grip whoever that was.

it's precisely why having a well functioning Trust is important - with well over 10k people who attend games off an on over a season, you are going to get some pretty asinine shit handed over.  I'm not really a fan of fans forums or phone ins for that very reason.  I'm not saying those people are not entitled to an opinion, or to submit questions, just that it would be good to have an organisation that can compile that into some semblance of a decent Q&A session for the club management team.  Also, to be able to understand the underlying themes and press on a subject rather than have basic Q and basic A all the time.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 14:54:51 »

it's precisely why having a well functioning Trust is important - with well over 10k people who attend games off an on over a season, you are going to get some pretty asinine shit handed over.  I'm not really a fan of fans forums or phone ins for that very reason.  I'm not saying those people are not entitled to an opinion, or to submit questions, just that it would be good to have an organisation that can compile that into some semblance of a decent Q&A session for the club management team.  Also, to be able to understand the underlying themes and press on a subject rather than have basic Q and basic A all the time.

Exactly this. It muddies the waters when there are pertinent questions about Keily not being answered and you're getting absolute bollocks being put forward. Its distracting and time wasting.

Whoever asked that question if you're on here I implore you to give your head a wobble. 
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: