Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144008 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:34:03 »

The silence from the club is deafening (bar a couple of paragraphs in the program, which unless it was shared on sm nobody would have seen).  It would be nice for the Trust to be pushing for some info for the fans, even just a few bullet points to give us some encouragement.

I know some would renew whatever, but to at least give those that are wavering an idea of what they are being asked to shell out the £'s for, surely it makes sense.

It's almost like the clubs hierachy are in off season mode already.  It's great saying that you got it wrong this year, how about telling us the steps that you are taking to fix it for next..  give us something FFS..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:46:17 »

The only other (slightly more) acceptable thing I can think of Bernie is that there are things being done in the background that take time, and they'll start talking when they do.

But surely they could say that? Unless its gone legal.

I'm filling in blanks to convince myself there isn't mad panic crisis management going on.

I may have accidentally started a CT: They're waiting for the early bird to finish before giving all the good news. THIS WAS A JOKE*

* or was it.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:49:01 »

The silence from the club is deafening (bar a couple of paragraphs in the program, which unless it was shared on sm nobody would have seen).  It would be nice for the Trust to be pushing for some info for the fans, even just a few bullet points to give us some encouragement.

I know some would renew whatever, but to at least give those that are wavering an idea of what they are being asked to shell out the £'s for, surely it makes sense.

It's almost like the clubs hierachy are in off season mode already.  It's great saying that you got it wrong this year, how about telling us the steps that you are taking to fix it for next..  give us something FFS..

Agreed, but forget everything about the club for a brief moment and just consider the season ticket marketing campaign in isolation. It is an absolute shambles. Zero effort to create excitement or explain why fans should be buying. Official comms should be part of that but the whole thing has been rank amateur hour. Given what it is worth to the club, get an external agency in as consultants if you don't know what you are doing. Appreciate it is harder when the team aren't flying but it is still perfectly possible.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:51:10 »

Unless they are putting a plan in place before hitting the marketing assault.

But I suspect your analysis is right Mooneyraker.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:55:22 »

Unless they are putting a plan in place before hitting the marketing assault.

But I suspect your analysis is right Mooneyraker.

The drop off if you don't convert on the initial announcement is normally massive. Obviously football is unique in that a major signing/change of management can swing the pendulum but it is very hard to recover from a slow start. Previously we publicised sales in the AB minutes. It will be interesting to see if we do this year.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:57:58 »

The only other (slightly more) acceptable thing I can think of Bernie is that there are things being done in the background that take time, and they'll start talking when they do.

But surely they could say that? Unless its gone legal.

I'm filling in blanks to convince myself there isn't mad panic crisis management going on.

I may have accidentally started a CT: They're waiting for the early bird to finish before giving all the good news. THIS WAS A JOKE*

* or was it.

They don't have to give us all of the details and nitty gritty, just high level would suffice at the moment, just SPEAK, that's all we are asking for.

Very few fans have any interest in the club at the moment after watching utter turgid shit all season, just give them something to be interested about for next season, not even asking for excitment at this stage.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 14:11:44 »

You both speak sense. FWIW I agree, just trying to rationalise as, not for the first time, it makes no sense.

JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #697 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 15:32:17 »

Just a quick update post AB last week.
Lots of work to improve the communication around the questioning and make the AB pack better and clearer, as well as provide more detailed responses has occurred. Think the club have had lots of feedback and they have tried to make the necessary changes. The business plan is also in there that is long overdue, as well as further information that has been requested from fans. I believe the AB pack for April will be uploaded later this week. Its a big step forward in my view. Be keen to hear feedback once released. Anything anyone feels should be further improved I am happy to take to the next AB.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 15:41:34 »

Thanks for the update.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 18:34:35 »

Feedback meant in the right spirit, but that kind of update should be one the club shared via official channels

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:42:54 »

ab minutes out

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/town-release-advisory-board-minutes-for-april/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:46:35 »

Oooh a note from Rob Angus, a nice start!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:51:58 »

Regarding Zav

Clem was very thankful to Zav for the role he played in helping Clem take stewardship of the Club and promised the role of Vice Chairman. Clem was unaware of the stringent rules in place via the Owners and Directors Test. After legal advice we did not apply for the Owners and Directors Test and therefore Zav is not Vice Chairman. However, Zav will continue to attend on match days as a guest of the Club given his critical support in helping Clem take control of the Club.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:55:41 »

Only 1100 season tickets sold so far must be a real concern.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:56:13 »

Regarding Zav

Bit of an own goal and backtrack there, they said he had been submitted for it…
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: