Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19646 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 19:05:33 »

Why do you go to football? Genuine question because it doesn't seem like you enjoy anything about it

Have you ever been to a home game?  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 20:50:19 »

Why do you go to football? Genuine question because it doesn't seem like you enjoy anything about it

It's a simple enough question, but probably not one anyone should give much thought to themselves, unless they wish to get depressed about life choices.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 22:09:00 »

It's a simple enough question, but probably not one anyone should give much thought to themselves, unless they wish to get depressed about life choices.
Pretty much this.

Like any addiction it’s a waste of money and bad for your health but a hard habit to kick! Currently football is a good day out spoilt by the football when it comes to home games but occasionally you get a good season where it all comes together. There’s no point beating around the bush and making excuses pretending everything is rosey when it isn’t, call a spade a spade.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 23:59:10 »

Next season might see the realistic prospect of a points deduction, that’s the elephant in the room. Then it will be a case of prioritising results over pretty football as our league status will depend on it.  If we are put in that position then there is no way Garner would be the right man for the job.

You defo channelled your "inner Smeeton" there   Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 00:33:39 »

Is there really a prospect of a points deduction? I am not too convinced. How long do you give a manager? Given that we are under embargo but still 8th in the league, reached FA cup 3rd round and had about 7 players soon before season started I think we are doing okay. The game management has been poor and we have lacked the change of game plan (until last few games) but we have also done very well away from home and have a few exciting players (neither of which are a product of chance in my opinion). I would say that while the manager is new to his trade and undoubtedly not perfect, we need to give him a chance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 01:22:12 »

Is there really a prospect of a points deduction? I am not too convinced. How long do you give a manager? Given that we are under embargo but still 8th in the league, reached FA cup 3rd round and had about 7 players soon before season started I think we are doing okay. The game management has been poor and we have lacked the change of game plan (until last few games) but we have also done very well away from home and have a few exciting players (neither of which are a product of chance in my opinion). I would say that while the manager is new to his trade and undoubtedly not perfect, we need to give him a chance.

Just me opinion but I’d give Garner as a minimum the majority of the calendar year.
If he’s still showing the same lack of growth / change as he is now & as a football team we are still making the same mistakes and showing the same naivety - I’d get rid in December in order to get someone in to assess the squad and have the January window.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 06:39:59 »

I'll put it here rather than anywhere else.....
I'm disappointed that we don't have a second central striker. We were lucky that Simpson didn't get injured in the first half of the season and therefore didn't need replacing. Davison, on the other hand, may be a bit more fragile and/or the time of year might be causing issues.

The bottom line is that we don't have a similar alternative.

Now, for me, the jury is still out on whether Davison is good enough. At present, I can see that he heads the ball better than Simpson, but his movement and understanding with McKirdy is poor. Furthermore, his finishing has so far been dreadful.

I was quite interested to hear Garner say that he has decided not to get a free-agent striker in and not to send Parsons back out on loan. While I'm disappointed with the first statement, I'm intrigued to see how the second one plays out.

In preseason and a couple of games earlier in the year, I was quite impressed with Parson's movement and understanding with McKirdy. He didn't take up similar positions, but instead, worked with him to make and exploit space.

So, while Davison is fragile, I would stick Parsons on the bench and bring him on to run around up top for 15-20 mins if Davison has to come off. Now I know Parsons isn't a big striker, but he is more physical and puts himself about a bit more than other options.

Bottom line is I'm trying to think of a way to do the best with what we have got in that position.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 07:18:00 »

Before the season started Garner said he didn’t want to bring in striker(s) in on loan that would hinder Parson’s progress. Maybe he should have gone through with that. For one of our own 19 year olds to be down the pecking order behind an imported 19 year old must be a bit soul destroying.

If this season is a bit of a free hit, then playing Parsons has no downside.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:21:34 »

Crap style of play
Boring to watch
Poor discipline on and off the field
Never learning by our mistakes
3 wins in 15 games

A decent man manager would have us top 3 with our squad

Get Garner out now- or watch ST sales plummet. Had enough of watching this utter shit- 8 hour round journey for this pile of wank
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:25:08 »

Get Garner out now- or watch ST sales plummet.

Renewals won't be long in being advertised. I'd imagine many will considering their options.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:51:34 »

How many people have genuinely not renewed season tickets based on the manager? Or style of football, ever?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:53:47 »

How many people have genuinely not renewed season tickets based on the manager? Or style of football, ever?

You don't think people not renewing based on this style of football is a real prospect?

Is that really that hard to believe?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:58:17 »

You don't think people not renewing based on this style of football is a real prospect?

Is that really that hard to believe?

Who on earth supports Swindon based on style of football?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:59:02 »

Quote from: DiV

I don't think they'll drop off a cliff .

but they may be normalised
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 21:59:45 »

Quote from: DiV
lWho on earth supports Swindon based on style of football?

it's the floaters that'll get flushed
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: