Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19649 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:45:09 »

Please, in the name of God can we move on from this...

I'm amazed that people think that manager/performance criticism means you're not thankful for what happened in the summer, like they're somehow mutually exclusive. Fucking tiresome.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:50:49 »

oh and add a little something as to your experience at the role that makes you right and him wrong.

So you're in support of closing this forum down then if none of our opinions even mean anything? Why did you sign up in the first place?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:50:50 »

Just going to point out that currently Joey Barton has a better win percentage as a manager than Ben Garner does.

Do with that information as you please
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:52:13 »

I am profoundly overjoyed you found my post amusing and clearly enjoyed reading my well rounded post. On a separate note and on the eve of my FIL funeral it has reinforced my belief that the world is full or retarded cunts who shouldn’t get anywhere near a keyboard and that he is in a better place.

Please don’t get excited about your in depth, well thought out comment on my OP, I expected that kind of response from a number of posters, not surprisingly you were on that predictable list.

If you get a stiffy from getting a rise from cyberspace knock yourself out and knock one out. You actually put a smile on my face at your predictability. Rather like the comments on the Advertiser stories, same old shyte from the same old shyte.

Why am I bothering? One has to use the time it takes to bake the sausage rolls for the finger buffet. If you’d like to try some let me know i’ll send you the details of the wake and can put some aside for you. There goes the timer on the last batch.

Jesus wept. State of this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #124 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 13:13:15 »

So you're in support of closing this forum down then if none of our opinions even mean anything? Why did you sign up in the first place?
TBF Redbuck has a track record for ignoring other peoples opinions or saying they are worthless.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 14:55:14 »

If nothing else from this thread, I really enjoy the colorful swearing adjectives of you lads!!!    
but my wife is not pleased I have included them in my own vocabulary since becoming a Town follower. Clap
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 14:58:27 »

To be fair, it's good to see the forum return to this type of squabbling about the manager rather than the threat of the club going out of existence.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:21:18 »

If nothing else from this thread, I really enjoy the colorful swearing adjectives of you lads!!!    
but my wife is not pleased I have included them in my own vocabulary since becoming a Town follower. Clap
I always thought a hummer was a vehicle. Surprised to find out it’s got a life of its own!
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:40:37 »

I always thought a hummer was a vehicle. Surprised to find out it’s got a life of its own!
TBH   wish I owned the first and was getting the second 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:44:19 »

What makes me laugh is when we were doing well on the pitch and top of league two, but we clearly had an absolute crook running the club, a large section of our fan base didn't want to hear about the Lee Power strain of cancer running through the club and just wanted people to focus on the stuff on the pitch.

Now we have a an owner that enables us to do just that and as soon as we have concerns about the management on the field, people can't shut up about the completely unrelated off the field management as a reason to stop moaning about the manager.

Why were the same people so clueless about off the field matters when that was the negative aspect and yet most important thing happening at the club?

You've got to ask yourself if you just like burying your head in the sand when it comes to any form of negativity no matter how valid. If this is you and you didn't like people moaning about Lee Power and also don't like people moaning now about Ben Garner, then look up the term toxic positivity. There is a high chance you suffer from it.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:05:19 »

If we had been bumbling along in mid table all season swapping a few away wins for home wins no-one would be questioning Garner.

Expectations have risen from the start of the season both from the team performance, increased support and our financial position. Garner has also made a rod for his own back by the team being in the top 7 most of the season.

Having said that if you get a chance of promotion you need to take it and be ruthless when needed. That means you're open to more scrutiny on tactical decisions.

I just hope there is not a view in the club because we are ahead of where we expected that missing out is OK. Next season, we might not recruit as well, get more injuries or have bigger budget opponents. Look how many attempts FGR have had at getting to League 1 with their budget.

In the last 20+ years we've had better squads that missed out on promotion because they fell short at crucial times. Hope this isn't another one.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:46:04 »

If we don't go up, there is going to be as big a turnover of players as there was last summer, albeit with more flexibility with regards to budget and targets.  The management team had a free pass this season with regards to the players that they brought in due to the restrictions and where we were, and to be fair they have done very well.

That free pass will be gone and the goodwill will not be as free flowing this summer though, unless we are a league above.  So if they think that missing is OK this season, they had better be prepared for the expectation levels next season, because if we don't start well this current conversation about Garner is going to repeat pretty early next season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 17:42:05 »

Next season might see the realistic prospect of a points deduction, that’s the elephant in the room. Then it will be a case of prioritising results over pretty football as our league status will depend on it.  If we are put in that position then there is no way Garner would be the right man for the job.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 18:06:00 »

good grief, I'd forgotten all about the prospect of a points deduction
Crackity Jones

« Reply #134 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 18:25:54 »

Next season might see the realistic prospect of a points deduction, that’s the elephant in the room. Then it will be a case of prioritising results over pretty football as our league status will depend on it.  If we are put in that position then there is no way Garner would be the right man for the job.
Why do you go to football? Genuine question because it doesn't seem like you enjoy anything about it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: