Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19595 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:40:48 »

home results- 3 wins in 14

Game management- non existent. Got caught out at Colchester and again today.

Tactics- non existent. No idea how to change a game or shut up shop to see it out

Football- at home boring, slow and predictable

No doubt a decent coach, but not a manager.

We are getting really good gates as well- probably won’t carry on a further season watching his drivel

Recommend we get rid of the embargo in the summer then bin him off. Can’t see him getting us up I’m afraid whatever the personnel
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:42:34 »

Cue usual suspects.  Roll Eyes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:45:06 »

home results- 3 wins in 14

Game management- non existent. Got caught out at Colchester and again today.

Tactics- non existent. No idea how to change a game or shut up shop to see it out

Football- at home boring, slow and predictable

No doubt a decent coach, but not a manager.

We are getting really good gates as well- probably won’t carry on a further season watching his drivel

Recommend we get rid of the embargo in the summer then bin him off. Can’t see him getting us up I’m afraid whatever the personnel

No backbone and no staying power. Be left to the likes of me and others to keep the club going again will it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:45:24 »

Too soon for me…but…he does need to demonstrate he has the want and ability to change things.

Different formations, different game plans, different styles of play, different recruitment.

It just all feels a bit samey every game and I can’t help but think that is by design and that makes it a poor design imo

Of course the usual thing with this - who would you replace Garner with?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:46:56 »

I can't see the owner making a change.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:47:46 »

Not management material, proved that just on the home performances. We're even starting to lose the away games.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:48:08 »

Too soon for me…but…he does need to demonstrate he has the want and ability to change things.

Different formations, different game plans, different styles of play, different recruitment.

It just all feels a bit samey every game and I can’t help but think that is by design and that makes it a poor design imo

Of course the usual thing with this - who would you replace Garner with?

Agree with that. He needs to work on his weaknesses in the same way any player would. My concern is that I'm not really sure he thinks they are weaknesses - he comes over very dogmatic in the press he does.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:48:22 »

…and also, even with a manager other than Garner we’d still rely on loans (which I fucking hate but is a necessary evil at our level) and will always be at the mercy of them being recalled.

That has done is no favours and completely out of Garners control
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:50:39 »

He also needs to working on his motivation skills. Middlesbrough had no right to get a result last night at Old Trafford but never stopped running for 120 minutes and got their rewards.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:54:34 »

Any decent manager wouldn’t have built a squad reliant on 1 striker but decided to pad it out with ‘attackers’.

He’s done a great job for Villa and Ipswich.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:00:31 »

I have doubts over him, Williamsesque doubts.

But it's too soon, and you do have to take into account we are restricted in budget.

So not yet, but I'm not hopeful of him proving my doubts wrong.

I think you have to give him until this time next year, as unpalatable as that may seem
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:02:58 »

If we got rid of Garner, we’d only end up with another coach with a similar CV.
Chorley would still be in charge of recruitment and Clems plan of wanting a young side would still happen.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:03:08 »

Agree with that. He needs to work on his weaknesses in the same way any player would. My concern is that I'm not really sure he thinks they are weaknesses - he comes over very dogmatic in the press he does.

Yup. In a similar way that Luke Warm used to. Couldn't see the wood for the trees.

I'm not saying "Garner Out" right now but his position should start to be being questioned by his boss. A simple..."you need to start holding these leads and turning results around or I'm going to have to make a more difficult decision Bin"...who knows, that might already be happening?!

Certainly can't allow the season to drift from this position. Yep pre season we would all say "mid-table? yeah I'll take that" but as a season evolves and you see a route out of a division then of course the expectation raises. I'm sure this has to be similar for the owner/board as they'll be looking at potential budgets/monies amd targets if an expected projection starts to look more likely.

Right now, I feel even if he were to get Town out of the division I don'really think Garner would cut it in L1. Someone else said, he looks like he could be a great Development Coach at say Championship level but management is a totally different egg.

If he can recognise his weaknesses and not allow pride/stubbornness to get in the way then it's possible for BG to develop himself as a manager. At present he seems very fixed in his method with no desire to be flexible. Maybe he doesn't know how to be/can't do that without more time. Players will recognise this - especially the experienced few like Williams.

Ahh well, talking of eggs. Time to watch the last 15 in the Rugby. Let's see how England's game management is!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:05:05 »

If we got rid of Garner, we’d only end up with another coach with a similar CV.
Chorley would still be in charge of recruitment and Clems plan of wanting a young side would still happen.

Almost feels like we need an old dinosaur in as Garners #2
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:05:35 »

I’m not garner out. Away wins are just as valuable as home ones, and I’d give him the benefit of the doubt that things will turn around

But I’m not fully convinced things will.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: