Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19619 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:09:18 »

Quote from: bamboohoomyavatar
Ahh well, talking of eggs. Time to watch the last 15 in the Rugby. Let's see how England's game management is!

ooops
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:09:49 »

Don’t get to many games but the general impression I’m getting is we’re trying to play a certain way rather than trying to win games of football. It’s frustrating to see us fail to adapt to the conditions and situation in front of us on a regular basis. What’s hard to tell is to what extent recruitment, tactics and individual errors are to blame. All are to some extent IMO
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:13:08 »

I hate that this thread has started - but know, deep down, that he’s not the answer. All I know for certain is that watching us at home is boring.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:16:28 by Frigby Daser » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:16:17 »

ooops

Grrrr! Not att you - at England RFU. Although they've done well to keep it to just a 3pt deficit during a sin bin!

Interesting last 5mins. Next score wins it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:45:14 »

I’ve had a general understanding of where we’re at and the position we’ve been in… but the last few games have been piss poor. We look weak as piss and like we can’t see out a game. Fed up with the possession with no end product, can see a lot of fans being lost….
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:52:42 »

its about time Garner done a live phone in on BBC Wilts so fans can try and get their points across

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:55:40 »

its about time Garner done a live phone in on BBC Wilts so fans can try and get their points across

Good lord no, the last thing anyone needs is a BBC Wilts phone in.  I can never remember hearing anyone sound even remotely intelligent.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:06:00 »

Good lord no, the last thing anyone needs is a BBC Wilts phone in.  I can never remember hearing anyone sound even remotely intelligent.

Cooper's phone-ins weren't bad.  But "Shawnnnn" wasn't too gracious towards Clem on taking over. I think the Town would tell BBC Wilts to go "Waltzing Matilda", better option would be OSC, Monday Night.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:09:04 »

BG clearly lacks any tactical nous.  Have no issue with having core principles, but the focus should be on winning games.   He's a good coach - he makes players better - but unless you win games, all you are doing is helping other teams.

More pragmatism is needed and he should analyse his own performance.  Accept and own your faults, stop blaming others and delegate if you have clear weaknesses.

He doesn't need to go but does need to learn fast - Garner is the weak link in this team and he needs to sort himself out.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:11:33 »

Genuinely unfathomable to me how little tactical nouse and game management this team shows. Although when you consider he never played it at any decent level due to injuries, it possibly gors some way towards explaining it.

Firmly in the out camp, but considering he probably has another year left on his contract we'll probably let him stick around to fuck up next season as well.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:16:14 »

Cooper's phone-ins weren't bad.  But "Shawnnnn" wasn't too gracious towards Clem on taking over. I think the Town would tell BBC Wilts to go "Waltzing Matilda", better option would be OSC, Monday Night.

During the Williams era I vaguely remember some guy from Gorse Hill ringing in and having a real go at Power and surprised he wasn't cut off.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:28:53 »

Until the Court case, embargo and EFL decisions are known nothing will change with the ownership at the club and I also mean the off the field ownership as well as the academy manager.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:29:42 »

My expectations have been adjusted somewhat given we have ended January undoubtedly weaker than when it started:

-We play 3-5-2 yet don’t have a recognised right wing back in the squad - KKH didn’t deliver too much in terms of assists but he got us up the pitch quickly and was an attacking threat. Hunt is a superb right back but not suited to the wing back role.

-Davison, on the early evidence is a downgrade from Simpson - he looks as Charlton fans told us, a reasonable link up man but lacking in any goal threat.

Is the above Garners fault - arguably not. The cynic in me recalls Clem or Angus remarking early season that if we were up there in January they’d consider paying off the EFL to release the embargo and allow us to strengthen sufficiently to get over the line for promotion. I do wonder if that was ever a genuine intention - not that I blame them given the mess inherited last summer. But I do think this season will be seen as an opportunity missed, especially if we lose the likes of Reed, Williams, JoJo in the summer.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:31:02 »

Until the Court case, embargo and EFL decisions are known nothing will change with the ownership at the club and I also mean the off the field ownership as well as the academy manager.
Agreed. Just have to hope we can cobble together a play off push in the coming months, rather than a dead rubber of a second half of the season.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:32:38 »

Why would the club ownership change? They’ve only just come in!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: