Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town vs Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 22804 times)
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 08:34:47 »

It's all well and good complaining about the Mansfield fans reaction to Harry but he did go and wind them up after his goal, as he has done several times this season. I've got no problem with that but, if you dish it out, you have to be prepared to take it and any righteous indignation is ridiculous.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 08:40:19 »

On a side note the Mansfield fans are up there with most gloating I’ve witnessed at a game. Think their support was more focused on trying to tell us we were shit rather than chanting for their own side
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 08:41:28 »

Conroy is a good player but hasn’t been playing at his best recently.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 08:42:44 »

Mckirdy's Insta post got alot of bites from disgruntled stags fans  Cheesy
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 08:46:18 »

Mckirdy's Insta post got alot of bites from disgruntled stags fans  Cheesy
What was the post?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 08:55:18 »

Who would I drop to bring in AG....
It was obvious that Jake OBrien was a newbie and not ready for a game such as Tuesday night. Mansfield clearly targeted him especially in the first half.
Would Grant have been silly and given away the penalty soon after STFC had drawn level Don't think so.
Anthony Grant could easily buddy up with one of the youngsters just like Gladwin and Williams do together.
BG spun a load of bollocks when he stated that Grant let the side down against Colchester when he was selected to play with to juniors.
It was clear that Grant was given a hospital pass by BG. Sad

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:00:41 »

What was the post?

"shit start in a shithole has cost us 3 points" Cheesy
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:14:57 »

Good spelling of our Australian centre midfielder. Just saying. End of a bell.
You're a bit of a prick, aren't you.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:15:40 »

Disappointing evening really. If we can't learn to defend properly we aren't going to be anywhere near the automatic places this season. Really poor first half, probably not helped by a heavy pitch but O'Brien looked nervy as fuck and Conroy and AK were all over the place. I thought Odimayo was very poor first half. To their credit Mansfield played us perfectly, pressing us hard, not giving us any time on the ball and their front players looked busy and dangerous. Crap start was evened out by a brilliant finish by McKirdy (more ropey goalkeeping at the near post though maybe?) who then took on the wrath of the Mansfield fans by doing the cupping the ears celebration in front of them. But then when we had a good attacking opportunity, we see a crap delivery from a corner, which allows Mansfield to break and pretty much have a free run into the box, a lunging delivery (couldn't see whether AK got the ball or not) giving Mansfield a penalty, converted and then a fairly easy goal for 3-1. We looked all at sea.

Second half much better but Mansfield had done their job in the first half. When Conroy is allowed time at the back with the ball he can find passes short and long, but his defending is just awful. One incident second half he literally watched a bouncing ball onto Maris' chest and stood off him allowing him to dribble down the wing and into the box, rather than contesting a header (which would have probably gone into touch and averted any danger) which he would have almost certainly won. I think I'd rather have Crichlow for Conroy at the moment, he is too much of a liability unfortunately, perhaps it's time to retrain him as a defensive midfielder. We had a few chances second half, unfortunately it was one of those games where Simpson looked clumsy (tired maybe?) and after bringing on JML he added an element of control and setup a great chance for McKirdy who wasted it. Good goal by Iandolo but too little too late.

Think we might get some more of this medicine at Port Vale on Saturday and the Garner out shouts may begin to get louder. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:27:58 »

Great support for a young player on debut

Since you seem to have had a bug up your arse about me last night, I am going to bite..

First off, fuck you.

Second, all of these comments need to be taken in context based on the action that is actually taking place in the game at the time - the was a live matchday thread.

Now let me give you the context.  This first post was 4 minutes into the game, we had just conceded and O'Brien was largely at fault for the goal, had chances to clear it and was bullied off of the ball.  If that had been one of our usual defenders I would have posted "that was shit defending" or so and so at blame there" but I posted, not the best of starts - what did you want me to say, "Great play lad, more of the same, please keep on doing that for the rest of the game..  What I posted was very conservative considering they had just scored an easy goal, honest and fair based on what had just happened and taking into account that he was a young player on his debut.

Not at all, second half he dominated.

And this was in response to saying that Mansfield had broken O'Brien - At the time I posted this, he was down on the floor, in their area, getting treatment for what looked like it could have been a nasty injury - hence I thought at the time that Mansfield had literally broken O'Brien.

I get that you were probably as pissed off as the rest of us last night (and you need to also think about that before telling everyone else to chill out) but a word of advise - don't trawl through a match day thread calling people out for their comments unless you understand the context - it just makes you come across as a condescending prick.

That is all..
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:30:26 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:40:57 »

Caddis:

- Can understand why they want to play from the back. But Simpson is a big strong lad. Get it up to him and get him to hold it up
- Swindon will have a problem now as teams will see that we cant cope with a high press

Think Caddis has nailed it on these 2 points. Vale are going to be the same as Mansfield and we are going to have a battle on our hands. Think going a bit more direct to Simpson and McKirdy might be the way forward. We certainly have the players that can play decent balls up to Simpson. Hopefully he can hold the ball up better than last night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:42:31 »

Cheers to The Grim Reaper for teaching STFC No2 fan to quote post, adding plenty of entertainment value to the forum already.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:43:52 »

It was as their cunt fans were baying for his blood! ‘Is it a girl, or is it a boy?’. Wankers.

Sorry but McKirdy brought it on himself for celebrating in front of the home fans. It's what he does and he probably thrives on the abuse he gets back!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:44:32 »

Cheers to The Grim Reaper for teaching STFC No2 fan to quote post, adding plenty of entertainment value to the forum already.

Scything
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:48:25 »

Honestly at what point has he ever looked Championship standard?! That’s just nonsense.

I disagree with a lot of what you say at times (that's the beauty of a forum) but I think you have this spot on tbf Theakston.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: