Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town vs Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 22794 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:11:39 »

We need to get our heads back into the league games. Ever since the draw for the FA Cup 3rd round we have gone to shit.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:11:47 »

3-2 full time. Didn’t deserve anything from that performance.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:12:14 »

FT 3-2 poor.

Lyden MotM and JOB following him for his 2nd half performance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:13:01 »

Dogshite

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:13:03 »

I’ve never liked Mansfield. Horrible little club and fans.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
adje

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:14:07 »

Well,the best you can say is that we improved slightly in the second half especially Odimayo and O' Brien. 2 golden chances spurned. Mansfield created zero 2nd half

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:14:32 »

We need to get our heads back into the league games. Ever since the draw for the FA Cup 3rd round we have gone to shit.

I don't buy that, I think we are getting found out a little now - teams have been able to watch us and understand what makes us tick.  They are coming up with ways to counter us, and our creaky defence is now being exposed as a result (which has never looked much kop).  It's up to us to adjust and adapt or find different players who can do what Garner wants more effectively.  I doubt we have a budget to do the latter so it may be a struggle for a while.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:15:13 »

FT 3-2 poor.

Lyden MotM and JOB following him for his 2nd half performance.

Lyden MotM, and JOB gets a pass for the first half, but I wouldn't have him anywhere near MotM.  Mckirdy and Reed were the only others that deserved a mention for me - but only just.

I thought we were so poor tonight, from top to bottom.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:15:21 »

Be interesting to hear what Garner says. He will no doubt focus on Mansfield penalty but hopefully he acknowledges that it was a poor performance.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:15:30 »

Lyden tried, but MotM performance with a 6.5 for me.

Pleased that O'Brien improved in the second half.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:18:12 »

Was always going to be a tough place to come, especially when you consider their form and the possible Man City hangover. Mansfield were direct, effective and managed the game well. As Caddis said they dictated the game by playing it long and high. Their pitch wasn’t the easiest surface to play on either. We seemed to mix it up a bit with some more long passes but still far too predictable and played it across the back very slowly when the game was crying out for some fast passes forward to stretch the opposition. When we were chasing the game towards the end we looked very dangerous. I thought Iandolo, Hunt and Lyden were class. JML looks dangerous until his final ball - someone on here once said it looks like he is kicking concrete and I have to say I agree for the most part apart from the one he impressively ballooned towards the corner flag from a good position. I was disappointed with the new boy from Palace’s first half but he improved. I think Conroy and Odimayo could have done better and were guilty of laborious play and a needless penalty respectively.
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:20:55 »

First of all congrats to Mansfield on the win.

Poor form us overall but I think we've been worse. At least we were creating a few chances whereas some of the games this season we've just passed it around and gone nowhere.

Incredibly frustrating watch and at 1-1 I felt the game was there for the taking. Then we just created our own problems as we so often do. Word from the ground is Odimayo won the ball but it's hard to see on iFollow due to the camera angle.

One of those where you watch us go down against a very average side and it frustrates the hell out of you that we misplace passes and pick poor options when in good positions.

Anyway, let's hope we can turn it round on Saturday. Another tough game.

Though O'Brien grew into the game (great pass for the second) and Hunt played well throughout.  
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:25:57 »

A difficult watch that - the pitch seemed to disrupt our passing - especially on the dug out side, and we struggled with Mansfield’s physicality - they maintained a high press all game, and in possession just put it in the channels - we didn’t deal with it well in the first half - first goal poor by O’Brien and midfield slow getting back, third just a long ball between two defenders.
At 1-1 I thought we were going to take control and win comfortably.
I wasn’t convinced the penalty was a foul (watched I-follow) and thought those are never given for us at home - be interested to hear from our fans in that end.
Also not clinical enough in their half.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:27:55 »

Caddis:
- MotM probably Iandolo for his goal and working hard
- Shows how poor it was that the MotM gets it for working hard, which is what all the players should do
- Friday was a carnival. At Mansfield there are 3 stands with one empty. But that's the league we are in
- Will be disappointed at the performance tonight
- Can understand why they want to play from the back. But Simpson is a big strong lad. Get it up to him and get him to hold it up
- Swindon will have a problem now as teams will see that we cant cope with a high press
- At this time of the year it is difficult to play along the ground all the time because of the state of pitches
- Not many positives tonight, but they will bounce back
- Credit to behind the scenes that we are looking towards the top of the league rather that looking down and worrying
- Squad we have is good enough to get us out of Div 2

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:29:55 »

Well that was a tough watch. Masters of our own downfall again to some extent although you can see why Mansfield are on the run they are. They are awful to watch though and surprising style for a Clough side.

Lyden MotM. Hunt, Iandolo and McKirdy also played well. The "central defence" weren't at the races. O Brien looked out of his depth first half but improved massively in the second. I thought Gladwin and JML were the wrong subs to be honest. That game was crying out for A Grant in my opinion. On to Vale. Work to do for Mr Garner
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: