Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town vs Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 22792 times)
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 22:38:16 »

H did really well not to rise to the home fans goading as they were giving him dog’s abuse when he came off including ridiculous chants referencing his long hair cut. I was willing him on to do a ‘Cantona’ into the home crowd. Mansfield players also refused to ‘take the knee’. Just saying.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 22:54:33 »

Anyone notice McKirdy walk off down the tunnel a few minutes after being subbed?

Got taken with a coach, think it was Scott Lindsey. Sensible management given the abuse he was receiving
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:05:11 »

Theres no sugar coating this, we have conceded 15 goals in the last 6 games now and only 1 win in the last 6 (with how it stands).
You can't count the City cup tie, though 1 win in 5 and 11 conceded is not great!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:07:13 »

I don't buy that, I think we are getting found out a little now - teams have been able to watch us and understand what makes us tick.  They are coming up with ways to counter us, and our creaky defence is now being exposed as a result (which has never looked much kop).  It's up to us to adjust and adapt or find different players who can do what Garner wants more effectively.  I doubt we have a budget to do the latter so it may be a struggle for a while.
This. Port Vale at our place showed how to play against us and it’s surprised me how long it has taken for other teams to cotton on. After having our deficiencies were laid out plain for everyone to see on Friday every team is going to press us now, big test for Garner now as he will need to find a way to counteract it and sort out the defensive side. As I said earlier we desperately need a leader on that pitch to organise us and take responsibility.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:09:13 »

This. Port Vale at our place showed how to play against us and it’s surprised me how long it has taken for other teams to cotton on. After having our deficiencies were laid out plain for everyone to see on Friday every team is going to press us now, big test for Garner now as he will need to find a way to counteract it and sort out the defensive side. As I said earlier we desperately need a leader on that pitch to organise us and take responsibility.

It’s easy to press us high as there’s no out ball (even less so with KKH gone). The strikers don’t hold it up and don’t win headers to flick it on. Desperately need someone up top who Mckirdy can play off
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:11:33 »

Total over-reaction. Last league game we beat Northampton 5-2. Tonight, we lost against a team, bang in form, at home….by one goal and we were all over them second half. Chill the fuck out and hope for a play off place at the end of the season, which we would all have taken in August.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:15:22 »

Half of you on here seem to think we are Real Madrid! We’re fucking Swindon. One year in the top flight and one League Cup. The rest of the 100+ years a bang average Div 3 team.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:28:55 »

Not the best start from O'Brien

Great support for a young player on debut
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:31:55 »

Quote from: STFC no2 fan
Not the best start from O'Brien

it was true. it wasn't the best start. he got better as the game went on.

it's kind of the idea of the match day thread to comment on the match as it happens
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:35:03 »

Mansfield have broken O'Brien already

Not at all, second half he dominated.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:37:45 »

it's kind of the idea of the match day thread to comment on the match as it happens

Fair enough, just think he deserves some credit for being chucked into a tough game. He did look ‘green’ first half but then stepped up second half. Just think it’s a bit harsh to judge a young boy on debut away at Mansfield on a cold Tuesday in a new look defence.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:40:17 »

Watched on Ifollow and thought Lydon played well as did Williams and Mckirdy
One name that seems to be always missing in the played well comments is Conroy
Just saying 😞
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:42:55 »

[/quot

Yes, sorry for being rude about in game comments. Obs that is the whole point of a forum. Just guess I felt protective of the young boy after seeing him up close and nervous first half and grow into a warrior in the second.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:44:26 »

Watched on Ifollow and thought Lydon played well as did Williams and Mckirdy
One name that seems to be always missing in the played well comments is Conroy
Just saying 😞

Dion was immense away vs Newport
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 23:49:42 »

All this anti-Conroy bollocks seemed to be on the back burner before Barrow when he’d captained us to an auto promotion place. Honestly, give over, you critics. He’s a champ level player who is playing L2 as of injuries. He stuck with us for the whole of Sheridan and we’ve stuck with him since the day of his first major injury at the CG.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: