Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19868 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 10:07:40 »

Andrew Hawed was saying that Enzo Bodewijn from Sutton was believed to be one of the 4 signings McGreal agreed
He didn't get off the bench last night, he was very highly rated at Creepy Crawley though and got a big money move to Notts County off the back of it. Always looked decent against us.

Personally I thought Ajiboye looked terrible, realyl fast and can dribble but with some of THE worst crosses I have ever seen in professional football, he had a fairly easy game up against Iandolo though who doesnt enjoy a tackle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 10:36:19 »

Iandolo is really frustrating in an attacking sense (for me at least) at the moment. His ability to trap and control an incoming hard pass is second to none; he makes intelligent runs with and without the ball and he takes up good positions but his final pass or cross is invariably lacking. I am sure that during our last L2 visit - thus wasn't the case. Maybe I just remember that season through Wellens tinted glasses
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:11:12 »

Havent read back.

Watched second half on Ifollow.

Epic ground out result......lets sort out the home form.

Expectations this season have been surpassed thus far.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:18:20 »

did you go in the end Flash?

first half was good!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:24:51 »

Half way to safety already....
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:57:41 »

I think I heard it mentioned that this week was when Doyle started his mega run of goals

Sent from my CLT-L09

That was the point I was trying to make - he might have been in the building by the end of August, but didn't really kick on into "that" Doyle until around this time of the season

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 14:07:18 »

Interesting to see the comparison with the 2019/20 season - my recollection of that is our good run began with an unconvincing mid week 1-0 home win against Stevenage with Doyle scoring in added time - around this time of the year I think.
So we are not only doing better than we hoped at the start of AUgust, but better than when expectations were higher 2 years ago.  Let’s get behind the team and manager.

Last night I was in the home stand - tunnel side - not far from the place where our supporters were moved to (near the scoreboard). Some of our non playing personnel were sat just in front of us. From there I could see the penalty and the other handball a few mins earlier very clearly - both decisions were right in my view.
Their supporters’ views on their forum - thanks to PV for posting those - are pretty accurate. How their manager thinks a draw would have been a reflection of play I don’t know. Apart from the late free header and the penalty, the only other chance was I when their winger got in behind one on one and Woolacott did really well to stand er than going down too early - a better save than it looked.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:17:22 »

Att: 3,443 including 574 from Swindon (officially plus several in the home end).

Gotta feel it would have been a total sell out on a Saturday.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:26:37 »

Gotta feel it would have been a total sell out on a Saturday.
They had 3,905 in their last Saturday home game vs Port Vale and their official figure was 576 away fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:29:15 »

I looked to see when it was we battered Crawley away that season as I remember that being the moment I thought we might win the league, it was the 26th of October.  Do that to Bradford and we're on  Smiley

I felt the same at Crawley, we clicked, and looked a class apart. A great afternoon that was.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 18:23:08 »

That was the point I was trying to make - he might have been in the building by the end of August, but didn't really kick on into "that" Doyle until around this time of the season

He'd scored 8 in his 11 games with us after our 13th game that season, pretty strong numbers albeit 6 of those came in only 3 games.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 18:43:22 »

Surprised that McKirdy's offside goal wasn't included in the highlights package - Had to go and watch the whole game again to find it and see that he was offside (based upon a pretty poor camera angle).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 19:17:38 »

shame it took the lino half an hour to flag. Stupid 'rule'
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: