Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 64423 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:00:11 »

I did say it was enjoyable - I do think that is because both teams are low on the quality side of things though.

There was plenty of good sharp passing in the first half. But it was more the summary judgments I saw on young players' career prospects based on no more than a few sub appearances at most.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:00:35 »

2068 (57) att I think

To be fair that's a decent crowd.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:00:39 »

It’s called the ‘Transfer Window’. It’s where you can trade players that are already attached to a team. You can pay money to the club if they are willing to do business (a transfer fee), get the player for free (if they are about to become out of contract or it’s a mutual decision between all involved), or on a loan (have this player for a while but he belongs to us and we can have him back whenever we want). But the most important terminology in this whole thing is ‘WHEN THE TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMS SHUT’ which is exclaimed loudly from the rooftops by every tabloid as the transfer deadline looms. I think I’ve got all that right

and for reasons unknown, everything has to be sent to the Football League via Fax Machine
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:02:37 »

and for reasons unknown, everything has to be sent to the Football League via Fax Machine

English football seems very complex in structure.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:03:08 »

Having said all that, who's supposed to be our LB where they keep running into acres of space?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:04:43 »

Says the man living in a Country where everyone still sends cheques (checks) - I find it funny that my bank has invested in a fancy bit of their App that allows me to take a photo of a cheque to deposit, but struggles to allow me to just get money moved around/paid electronically.

Goal.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:05:16 »

Lost my stream....Came back just in time.

1-0 Lyden

JML cuts in from left wing. Shoots. Keeper beats it away. Lyden scores from middle of the goal.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:07:22 »

Having said all that, who's supposed to be our LB where they keep running into acres of space?

Dabre - he just raced off to close down their centre back.  Full of beans, not so much football knowledge........yet.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:09:53 »

Dabre - he just raced off to close down their centre back.  Full of beans, not so much football knowledge........yet.

Yep. To be fair, you’ve called that before. He needs a lot of talking through the game to hold his position. 

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:13:42 »

Sorry if it’s been said, but how fucking old is Kevin Ellison now?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:13:58 »

Parsons whips in cross from right
. Noone there. Comes out to Dabre on left of box who takes a heavy touch and loses it. Ball comes out to Gilbert, who turns his man and shoots.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:14:27 »

had to deal with students and missed the goal....

it was Gilbert who made the initial penetrations correct?  If so I re-track my earlier criticism....that was very nice 1v1 and shot by him and then the follow shot was also very well taken to keep it down.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:14:46 »

Sorry if it’s been said, but how fucking old is Kevin Ellison now?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:14:48 »

dabre first touch has been poor tonight
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:15:07 »

There was something not that long ago on I think Football Weekly confirming that it can now be done via emails.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: