Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 63976 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:42:50 »

Well, I don't really know what to make of that.  I think it was bad, maybe terrible in terms of standard/quality, but it was actually mildly enjoyable to watch.

You can't be too harsh on the youngsters, but you'd be worried if any of the defenders had to play regular first team football anytime soon on that showing.

McKirdy has not been informed of the pointlessness of it all.

Of everyone on show, Gilbert has disappointed me - I'd like him to have taken this as an opportunity to show his wares off a bit.  He's been a bit off the pace, but should have more talent then everyone else on show - which he has shown in little glimpses.

JML has something - he makes good runs, but has fluffed a couple of finishes even if one was offside.

I agree about Gilbert...i am not aware of him much so was waiting to see what someone else said...he seems very content just to hang out and not get too involved.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:43:27 »

don't think he will develop?  who else is there then beside simpson and mckirdy?
Nope. Normally you can see good players have that little bit of something about them - Not just athleticism. JML doesn't have height, strength, composure, trickery or vision. He has athleticism.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:44:07 »

With Crawley being postponed, the next game is Newport again???

Is McKirdy playing hard since he has to sit out of that game, correct?
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:45:54 »

Nope. Normally you can see good players have that little bit of something about them - Not just athleticism. JML doesn't have height, strength, composure, trickery or vision. He has athleticism.

how does the team deal with this then if they make the same conclusion?  do they release him at some point and try to get someone else to develop?  do they just leave him on a lower team...how does a football team deal with a player they have deemed not worth continuing with.  Can you pick up another player at any time or is there certain times of the season?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:47:04 »

Well, I don't really know what to make of that.  I think it was bad, maybe terrible in terms of standard/quality, but it was actually mildly enjoyable to watch.

You can't be too harsh on the youngsters, but you'd be worried if any of the defenders had to play regular first team football anytime soon on that showing.

McKirdy has not been informed of the pointlessness of it all.

Of everyone on show, Gilbert has disappointed me - I'd like him to have taken this as an opportunity to show his wares off a bit.  He's been a bit off the pace, but should have more talent then everyone else on show - which he has shown in little glimpses.

JML has something - he makes good runs, but has fluffed a couple of finishes even if one was offside.
Lots of people playing out of position which doesn't help. Would prefer to see Parsons up front with McKirdy. Also, Dabre at left back - not his best position me thinks.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:47:29 »

I think they believe they can coach one or two of those traits into him, in which case you have an asset.  Tough though, but was a free hit for us really. (JML this is)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:48:19 »

how does the team deal with this then if they make the same conclusion?  do they release him at some point and try to get someone else to develop?  do they just leave him on a lower team...how does a football team deal with a player they have deemed not worth continuing with.  Can you pick up another player at any time or is there certain times of the season?
The manager thinks he has something. Football is a game of opinions.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:49:05 »

With Crawley being postponed, the next game is Newport again???

Is McKirdy playing hard since he has to sit out of that game, correct?
Assume so.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:49:51 »

Dabre is not a left back, left wing back, winger, forward, midfielder, anything.  He's a 5-aside talent, a street footballer if you like.  Needs a lot of refining to get a position sorted, but full of talent.  A similar but different problem that JML brings - how do you teach him the missing bits?  Dabre is great with a football, just not sure he is great at football.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:52:22 »

so are we up by 1-0, 2-0 if this is an away game?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:54:17 »

Some ridiculously harsh judgments on kids in a reserve game here. I don't know who pissed in all your Horlicks but I'm enjoying this.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:55:37 »

Is Mr. Strickland newport's striker? 

* Strickland_1985.JPG.jpg (11.01 KB, 343x295 - viewed 13 times.)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:55:43 »

Some ridiculously harsh judgments on kids in a reserve game here. I don't know who pissed in all your Horlicks but I'm enjoying this.

I did say it was enjoyable - I do think that is because both teams are low on the quality side of things though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:57:33 »

2068 (57) att I think
Hunk

« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:58:50 »

will they address the issue with the back line in January?  from what I have gathered, there is a trade or player acquisition during that time?

It’s called the ‘Transfer Window’. It’s where you can trade players that are already attached to a team. You can pay money to the club if they are willing to do business (a transfer fee), get the player for free (if they are about to become out of contract or it’s a mutual decision between all involved), or on a loan (have this player for a while but he belongs to us and we can have him back whenever we want). But the most important terminology in this whole thing is ‘WHEN THE TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMS SHUT’ which is exclaimed loudly from the rooftops by every tabloid as the transfer deadline looms. I think I’ve got all that right
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: