Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 63884 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 20:49:36 »

So from what I have gathered, Tuesday’s game is part of a publicity tournament for papa John’s.  So often sides play back ups to avoid injury.   I can understand that BUT with the momentum STFC has right now wouldn’t it be good to play the team to continue their growth and communication?   And besides I have heard u win like $10,000 if u win a game.  That is party money for team morale!!!!!
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 21:50:10 »

WTF???  Did I say something wrong?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 22:09:22 »

Everyone is in bed!

Think that Garner will play those who came in today in order to see if they can repeat today. I suspect several of the subs will come in - East, Dabre, Baudry and Parsons

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 22:15:26 »

Everyone is in bed!

Think that Garner will play those who came in today in order to see if they can repeat today. I suspect several of the subs will come in - East, Dabre, Baudry and Parsons

Not everyone.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 22:47:01 »

WTF???  Did I say something wrong?

The football fan of England would rather spit on your grave than consider this an actual game.  It's not you, it's me, so she said.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 06:58:38 »

I never knew Jordan Garrick had joined Plymouth.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 08:04:31 »

Papa John's tournament ??,  I'd sooner stick wasps up my arse than waste my time watching that shite worthless, premier league interfering tournament.  Wembley final still wouldn't make me change my mind.    Smug Fuck Off Smug Fuck Off.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:17:23 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 08:35:01 »

Papa John's tournament ??,  I'd sooner stick wasps up my are than waste my time watching that shite worthless, premier league interfering tournament.  Wembley final still wouldn't make me change my mind.    Smug Fuck Off Smug Fuck Off.

I agree with you (apart from the wasp bit).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:14:34 »

Cheesy Cheesy

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:24:02 »

I never knew Jordan Garrick had joined Plymouth.
He turned down a loan to us in preference to Plymouth in August, their fans are not overly keen on him yet hes made little or no impact when he has played or come off the bench. Until yesterday when playing RWB he was MoM apparently.

As for the game, I don't care about the result but Garner obviously does (he has said so in the past) and its a chance to see how our fringe players and youngsters perform and its included in the iFollow season pass so I will be watching.

They played an almost entire youth/reserve side last game and lost at Newport 2-0 so they dont care it seems.

I never realised they are top of L1 after yesterdays win too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:28:12 »

Papa John's tournament ??,  I'd sooner stick wasps up my arse than waste my time watching that shite worthless, premier league interfering tournament.  Wembley final still wouldn't make me change my mind.    Smug Fuck Off Smug Fuck Off.

Ohh do I like this post.
👍🙌
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 21:55:41 »

Everyone is in bed!

i will admit i had consumed a bit of gin when i posted this and forgot the time difference ......
i guess i still need to learn the difference between types of games, to me a match is a match...why wouldn't coming out
and beating the piss out of a L1 top team prove somethings? 
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 05:49:18 »

i will admit i had consumed a bit of gin when i posted this and forgot the time difference ......
i guess i still need to learn the difference between types of games, to me a match is a match...why wouldn't coming out

Because the competition is gateway to league football for Premier League Reserve & B teams. It's an absolute farce and boycotted by the majority of lower league fans, with the exception of a few who seem to like to take 40k to Wembley to justify it all - I'm looking at you Portsmouth  Smug Fuck Off

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 05:49:26 »

Because the L1 top team will be made up of reserve players. The other top teams field academy sides. Its like watching the Huskers practice squad play against SMU (first team I could think of) practice squad - Now if it was against the Aggies, things may have been different! (Go gig 'em!   Spot On  Too Cool)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 05:52:02 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 06:00:21 »

I’m looking forward to seeing those players who are on the fringes. Can Dabre repeat his good performance against Arsenal. Aguiar and East, Harry Parsons, Baudry and Lyden coming back from long term injuries. Is Mitchell Lawson a viable alternative if/when Simpson is out.

Important game, I reckon. Not too bothered about the result but am about the performance of individuals.

Our first choice 15/16 are fine, but I can’t see those will get through the whole season without injury/suspensions.

Game time, even in this competition, is vital.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: