Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 63896 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #765 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 10:05:50 »

Minturn played with his Academy partner in the last game (can't recall his name) and both looked adequate. I guess partnering him with a first team pro, might have thrown him as he would be unfamiliar with how Critchlow plays etc.

I know it's a very inexperienced side but my main concern this season is how we are defensively. Balls into the box cause absolute mayhem and Colchester's 2 goals were very simple for them. Conversely I thought Mckirdy put some absolutely brilliant crosses in (based on the clips on twitter, I didn't watch the game) which were begging to be finished.

Disappointed to read about JML's finishing, I think this just confirms the need for 1 or 2 proper strikers when the transfer window slides open. Looks like Gilbert's time could be up based on feedback from here also.
McKirdy put 2 good balls into the box in his 60 mins but we didnt get the ball to him as much as we should due to the ineffective midfield. Thats all McKirdy did though as well as 1 long ranger that was saved easily. JML looked good first half but OMG his finishing was abysmal as was Gilberts.

With better finishing we would probably have won the tie easily though despite defensive errors.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 10:50:03 »

I had it on the laptop but drifted in and out. the first half was a shambles defensively as expected with 11 new players thrown together. thought 2nd half we knocked it round really well, created some good moments and the players grew into the game.

2nd half was a decent watch although it this was a league game and we needed something i would have a different view. the kids did well in what was a huge step against some very senior players
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 10:58:41 »

Seems like the tournament has been pretty useful for us all in all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 11:15:37 »

I have to say I have no recollection of minutes 55-70.

I feel asleep.

I don't think it was football related either. simply old man catnap

it does explain why I thought mckirdy was quiet in the last 20 ☺️
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 18:26:52 »

The competition has definitely served a purpose this season and although I didn’t make it last night, I’ve found it a bit of a guilty pleasure and enjoyed the matches and mix of players getting a run out.

I wonder who we will see out on loan now we’ve exited, Dabre would be an obvious one to benefit.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 21:38:19 »

What was the attendance?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 21:43:12 »

What was the attendance?
1,728. Only beaten by Bolton's 1773 on the night.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 19:21:41 »

Hilarious still. More Town fans going to Walsall than that….and who can blame them?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: