Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 63988 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #750 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:28:33 »

So close yet so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:28:35 »

Let's hope he can compose a final symphony!
Would be a "new world" record

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:29:09 »

Lyden heads the ball and injures himself!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #753 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:29:48 »

Not 1 player who started on Saturday for town started tonight and only 3 players who were on the pitch on Saturday played.

FT 1-2

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:30:00 »

oh well
Peter Venkman

« Reply #755 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:31:02 »

Grant my MoM followed by Lyden then East and a big mention for Fox and especially Gordon tonight.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:31:19 »

Oh well. Disappointing to lose. Noone from today staked a claim for a place on Saturday.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:34:09 »

Second half was alright.  Minturn will want to forget he played that one - certainly shows where we would need to be adding heads if we want to continue the challenge all season.

JML is the opposite of a natural finisher.  Makes some good runs, gets into good positions, looks like he is kicking concrete when trying to apply the final touch.

Gordon looked a bit more composed than Francis.  Overall, that should help the second string continue to develop.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #758 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:36:35 »

Oh well - out we go. Good to see some of the academy players out there. Gordon in particular impressed. Minturn had a bit of a shocker sadly. Gilbert was very very poor for someone so close to the first team - dreadful dead ball delivery every time
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 07:22:03 »

Minturn would have learnt more in that game last night than all the academy games he’s played put together.

That’s why this competition is worthwhile.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 07:45:19 »

Didn't minturn play last game, and played well.

Big step up last night for them. Blooding our own youngsters, or having the choice to is perfect for this comp.

Should be allowed to field who we want
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 09:08:49 »

Not 1 player who started on Saturday for town started tonight and only 3 players who were on the pitch on Saturday played.

FT 1-2
To me this just shows how seriously this competition is taken.  Ok for runouts but surely not expecting to progress with a team of reserves.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #762 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 09:42:16 »

Didn't minturn play last game, and played well.

Big step up last night for them. Blooding our own youngsters, or having the choice to is perfect for this comp.

Should be allowed to field who we want
Minturn did indeed play well in the last game,didn't look out of place at all in the 1st team, hes impressed me at academy level too but last night nothing worked for him, lets hope his head doesnt drop.

Fox and Gordon both impressed and Francis did a few loose passes but in the main did ok, especially when Gordon and Francis were not playing in their natural positions.

TBH we pretty much can play who we want in these games the rules are way laxer than they used to be, lets face it, Colchester had 1 teenager on the pitch all game, we had 6! and not one starter was a starter from our last game 3 days ago.

I dont think we cant use the "why cant we play who we want" as an excuse any more in this cup as it pretty much allows all L1 and L2 teams to play almost any player, we chose to play a very very inexperienced team whereas Colchester chose to play a team with nearly 3,000 1st team games between them! a quantity that our entire 1st team squad of 30 players can't match!

Even with Grant our team could muster only around 800 and 622 of those were Grant! even on their bench they had 2 players with 400+ games behind them, and if you ignore Midly who was never going to get on the pitch our bench had a grand total of 1 1st team appearance between them!

The result and some of the defending was very poor and the standard was the worst we have seen in the 4 games we have played in this cup but TBH the difference in the sides were the 3 experienced players in Grant for us and Judge and Chambers for them.

As long as our players came through unscathed I am not bothered by losing at all, it was good to get valuable 1st team game time under the belt for our 6 teenagers Minturn, Dabre, Francis, Gordon, Fox and Dworzak in a competitive match.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 09:51:24 »

Minturn did indeed play well in the last game,didn't look out of place at all in the 1st team, hes impressed me at academy level too but last night nothing worked for him, lets hope his head doesnt drop.

Minturn played with his Academy partner in the last game (can't recall his name) and both looked adequate. I guess partnering him with a first team pro, might have thrown him as he would be unfamiliar with how Critchlow plays etc.

I know it's a very inexperienced side but my main concern this season is how we are defensively. Balls into the box cause absolute mayhem and Colchester's 2 goals were very simple for them. Conversely I thought Mckirdy put some absolutely brilliant crosses in (based on the clips on twitter, I didn't watch the game) which were begging to be finished.

Disappointed to read about JML's finishing, I think this just confirms the need for 1 or 2 proper strikers when the transfer window slides open. Looks like Gilbert's time could be up based on feedback from here also.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 09:59:20 »

To me this just shows how seriously this competition is taken.  Ok for runouts but surely not expecting to progress with a team of reserves.

Agreed.

Garners ambition was reflected in the selection. Brucey bonus if we got through, we didnt, he would probably only pick a strong line up in the semis anyway.

I wont lose any sleep over going out of the shit show this cup has become. Shame really.

Did anybody get injured? Hope not.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: