Pages: 1 ... 898 899 900 [901] 902 903 904 ... 972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1570766 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #13500 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:03:41 »

I'm definitely not expecting too much to change, actually acknowledging something specific hasn't been his usual approach though.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13501 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:11:15 »

He's had months to make changes, it even says in the article We were always working on that [changes at the club] in the background anyway

I'm glad he was looking at changes...very convenient
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13502 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:24:32 »

Morshead:

Nothing seismic news-wise.

Playing budget higher than 23/24, but not willing to give a y-o-y % when pushed, commitment to stadium maintenance over summer...

View that fan meeting on Tues was productive (seems to be shared by others in meeting itself). 

Two experienced CBs and a winger at centre of recruitment plans. They want a squad of 24. 

Asked about local contractors chasing payment, told they'd consult payroll...  #stfc

AB will be bi-monthly in 24/25 - though club say they'll consult fan groups individually each month.

Shown a whiteboard which outlined cash going into club over past 12 months from ownership (total £2.1m).

Should be comms on season-ticket sales next week...
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #13503 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:25:32 »

Morfuni thanked Joe Acklam for getting Fitton'phone number for him!!! Unbelievable, not least because Fitton himself said some time ago that he had written to him and got no reply!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13504 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:32:12 »

Same old shite then
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13505 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:34:31 »

Rinse, repeat.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13506 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 14:57:44 »

Morshead:

Oooh Whiteboard - no advice on where the money is coming from then
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13507 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:04:18 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/june/club-holds-meeting-with-supporters-groups-to-discuss-fans-survey--open-letter-to-the-chairman

Notes on the fans' meeting.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #13508 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:13:19 »

"We are looking at bringing in a marketing person."

The bar at this club is just astonishingly low.

It is starting to dawn on me that these guys might just be rubbish. It may be no more malevolent than absolutely rank, borderline comedic, ineptitude.

"We got a manager in! Are you not entertained?!"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13509 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:21:16 »

It is starting to dawn on me that these guys might just be rubbish. It may be no more malevolent than absolutely rank, borderline comedic, ineptitude.

They are either criminally negligent or laughly imcompetent. Not sure which I'd prefer.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13510 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:25:48 »

Aren't most of those points the same as mentioned in previous statements and meetings?
Sounds the same as me saying I must give up beer every few months  Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13511 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:27:32 »

I have never fully brought into the idea of it being purposely criminal in nature.  I have always edged towards a degree of utter incompetence, littered with self interested parties trying to have their say and make their way.

Lets be honest, they've just listed some pretty basic stuff that a football club should always be doing - we've put some grass down!  What else did you think you should do with it, lay tarmac?

We appointed a Head Coach - you know, because we hadn't had one in months.

I am well beyond words from this group - nothing Clem says will help.  The evidence before our eyes shows us all we need to know.  Without a serious change in approach, we get more of the same, maybe with the odd bit of luck.  A club that cannot figure out whether or not they can fund a bike rack, fix some taps, stick up some nets at a leased training ground etc. is not going to materially be different in 12-24 months time.  There is no acknowledgement that fundamental change is required.

You do no sustain Youth Academy success over a prolonged period if you do not invest in it.  If you do not have an appetite to get that investment, then you go in a different direction.

You do not materially change the revenue of a football club without investing in the hard product - the infrastructure of the ground.  A remodel of the Legends lounge is not going to find new revenue by itself.  You have to be investing in new channels, in new sources, by bringing existing unused space into better use.

You do not sustain higher level football if your training ground receives zero investment.  Imagine running a Brand Dealership for Porsche from a portacabin.  The Salespeople can put in all the effort they like, but you are being set-up to fail - your infrastructure is designed to sell Used Astra's and over time that is all you will be able to achieve.

You do not create a sustainable L1/Championship level club by using the brand, time, effort and money in creating a pathway to Visa's from Pakistan.

Everything on their list is basic, fundamental, that even a shit club should be doing, apart from the talk of a ground development.  Oddly, or not, the one thing that Clem is probably here for in the first place - again, self interest driving focus (it's a good area to focus on, I agree with that, but it's more evidence of what matters and what they can manage to do).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:29:39 by RobertT » Logged
Mooneyraker

« Reply #13512 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:31:47 »

I have never fully brought into the idea of it being purposely criminal in nature.  I have always edged towards a degree of utter incompetence, littered with self interested parties trying to have their say and make their way.

Lets be honest, they've just listed some pretty basic stuff that a football club should always be doing - we've put some grass down!  What else did you think you should do with it, lay tarmac?

We appointed a Head Coach - you know, because we hadn't had one in months.

I am well beyond words from this group - nothing Clem says will help.  The evidence before our eyes shows us all we need to know.  Without a serious change in approach, we get more of the same, maybe with the odd bit of luck.  A club that cannot figure out whether or not they can fund a bike rack, fix some taps, stick up some nets at a leased training ground etc. is not going to materially be different in 12-24 months time.  There is no acknowledgement that fundamental change is required.

You do no sustain Youth Academy success over a prolonged period if you do not invest in it.  If you do not have an appetite to get that investment, then you go in a different direction.

You do not materially change the revenue of a football club without investing in the hard product - the infrastructure of the ground.  A remodel of the Legends lounge is not going to find new revenue by itself.  You have to be investing in new channels, in new sources, by bringing existing space into better use.

You do not sustain higher level football if your training ground receives zero investment.  Imagine running a Brand Dealership for Porsche from a portacabin.  The Salespeople can put in all the effort they like, but you are being set-up to fail - your infrastructure is designed to sell Used Astra's and over time that is all you will be able to achieve.

You do not create a sustainable L1/Championship level club by using the brand, time, effort and money in creating a pathway to Visa's from Pakistan.

Everything on their list is basic, fundamental, that even a shit club should be doing, apart from the talk of a ground development.  Oddly, or not, the one thing that Clem is probably here for in the first place - again, self interest driving focus (it's a good area to focus on, I agree with that, but it's more evidence of what matters and what they can manage to do).

Agree with this.

If the situation is that they are just garbage at this, I'd love them to 'change their mentality' ( Wink) when it comes to expecting fans to be grateful for doing nothing other than the absolute bare essentials of running a football club.

If appointing a manager, tending to the pitch and signing 2 players are meant to be taken as signs of a brave new dawn, then these clowns are utterly deluded.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13513 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:33:30 »

I've already seen a fan comment elsewhere that this should shut up the moaners.  Idiot
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13514 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 15:55:10 »

I've already seen a fan comment elsewhere that this should shut up the moaners.  Idiot

And the reality is that it will.  Plenty of fans want nothing to do with worrying about the ownership structure and strategy of the business.  They just want to watch a team doing well.  Some platitudes will often placate them, until it starts to go off course again.

You now what, there is a chance we recruit the right players this season and do well, even with all the incompetence around.  And as a STFC supporter, it would make me happy.  But underneath it is a foundation of quick sand, even more so than under Power now.  He was a more nefarious owner, and our path was destined for failure under him, but he knew how to be a bit more lucky because he knew football and footballers.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 900 [901] 902 903 904 ... 972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: