Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 33363 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 15:20:28 »

I like this

According to Lane on X, Swindon matchday guest Zavier Austin, who in August 2021 the club attempted to make Vice Chairman but have since said has nothing to do with the club, approached him as the protest was set to begin.

Factually correct of course in that this is what we are told.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 15:36:42 »

I wouldn't believe the tripe on Twitter to be honest

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 16:09:41 »

I wouldn't believe the tripe on Twitter to be honest
I thnk Jason Lane is the new STFC Jeffrey
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 16:16:57 »

I thnk Jason Lane is the new STFC Jeffrey

What a time to be alive!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 16:37:04 »

How did Clem ever come into contact with Zav - who, supposedly, introduced him to Power.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 16:41:41 »

How did Clem ever come into contact with Zav - who, supposedly, introduced him to Power.

Wanted to invest in the footballing powerhouse that is Harrow Borough didnt he?
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 17:37:47 »

There’s an Australian podcast called The Back Peg. Episode 21 is a full interview with Clem. He goes into quite some detail about how he got involved in the club, Lee power and stuff like that. He comes across as typical Clem. I kind of remember him mentioning a mutual friend that intoduced him to Power, which i presume was Zav Austin. I havent listened to it since July or whatever. It’s definitely a must listen as a Swindon fan. It’s a pretty recent interview from the summer. It’s on Spotify.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 15, 2024, 20:04:30 by iParadise » Logged
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 21:02:08 »

What a time to be alive!
I wonder what ever happened to him
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 21:06:46 »

I would presume they move in the same circles - Zav's business is in finishing construction projects, you know, the type of business you'd be involved in if you had a shady past with money and stuff (not that I am inferring anything).

Clem's company probably cross swords, did some similar projects in London, may even have worked on the same projects at the same time?  Imagine Zav introduced him to Power (Zav came onboard in 2015 with Power's lawyer friend/agent Terrell and the lesser spotted Jovanovic, which is around when Clem started sponsoring as well).  At this point, the Standing relationship was going well, so who knew who and how is probably a great discussion with some beers.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 21:50:44 »

Imagine Zav introduced him to Power (Zav came onboard in 2015 with Power's lawyer friend/agent Terrell and the lesser spotted Jovanovic, which is around when Clem started sponsoring as well).  At this point, the Standing relationship was going well, so who knew who and how is probably a great discussion with some beers.

Yep, Formuni started sponsoring in April 2015, but I imagine he would have been having conversations with Power before then. Funny though in the first Press Release of Axis sponsorship, there's no mention of Formuni, but at the sponsorship renewal in June 2017 there is a near identical Press Release with quotes from him. I wonder if at first he just wanted to be a silent ''partner'', very much like Mr Minogue is at present.

April 2015 Press Release
https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2015/april/new-sponsorship-secured/

I had to chuckle {in hindsight obviously} at '...public health services.', it's a nice way of saying they provided bogs for the construction industry... but even better is this - maybe Steve Anderson was trying to secretly tell us:

“It is fantastic to have such a big international organisation and brand on board with the Football Club," he said. "As well as bringing in more revenue to the club it also gives both parties the opportunity to work on projects within the local community and for the Axis Group to use Swindon Town Football Club as a vehicle to grow their brand nationally in the UK

I wonder what medium they might be using to be able to use STFC as a vehicle Hmmm

June 2017 Press Release
https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/axis-back-on-board-with-town/

Complete with Formuni holding an Axis branded shirt aloft. When that sponsorship deal ended, he would go on to ''purchase'' a 15 percent stake in the club.

It's crazy really, the amount of bullshit he's come out with over the years, this article is brilliant for all the investment claims, especially the bit about having 1.1m GBP to purchase the freehold of the County Ground:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/17778315.swindon-town-non-executive-vice-chairman-clem-morfuni-keen-seal-purchase-15-per-cent-stake-club/

What a tosser

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, April 15, 2024, 23:01:44 »

The 2019 one is Clem using a PR to try and strong arm Power, who was dragging his heels over signing over the share transfer (that bit is in the Court Cases between them).  The beginning of getting the fans onside for what was to come.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: