Pages: 1 ... 899 900 901 [902] 903 904 905 ... 972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1574489 times)
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13515 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 16:28:55 »

Someone said on here before what we pay for that job is well under market value so it has a high turnover as people generally come here to build their experience and then move on.

100% this.

In the Garner season our first team analyst (name escapes me) lodged with the Mother in Law.
Went onto Villa (European scout or something maybe) but basically the wages are crap and it’s basically a University leaves foot in the door wage. Think it was advertised at about 16k per year - which isn’t going to be enough to live on in this day & age. It’s less than I went in on at Natiowide, fresh out of college 21 years ago…

I imagine it will always be a high turn over job…
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13516 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 16:40:13 »

He said we were embargo for the EFL loan?

It was HMRC wasnt it?!?
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13517 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:03:59 »

I have never fully brought into the idea of it being purposely criminal in nature.  I have always edged towards a degree of utter incompetence, littered with self interested parties trying to have their say and make their way.

Lets be honest, they've just listed some pretty basic stuff that a football club should always be doing - we've put some grass down!  What else did you think you should do with it, lay tarmac?

We appointed a Head Coach - you know, because we hadn't had one in months.

I am well beyond words from this group - nothing Clem says will help.  The evidence before our eyes shows us all we need to know.  Without a serious change in approach, we get more of the same, maybe with the odd bit of luck.  A club that cannot figure out whether or not they can fund a bike rack, fix some taps, stick up some nets at a leased training ground etc. is not going to materially be different in 12-24 months time.  There is no acknowledgement that fundamental change is required.

You do no sustain Youth Academy success over a prolonged period if you do not invest in it.  If you do not have an appetite to get that investment, then you go in a different direction.

You do not materially change the revenue of a football club without investing in the hard product - the infrastructure of the ground.  A remodel of the Legends lounge is not going to find new revenue by itself.  You have to be investing in new channels, in new sources, by bringing existing unused space into better use.

You do not sustain higher level football if your training ground receives zero investment.  Imagine running a Brand Dealership for Porsche from a portacabin.  The Salespeople can put in all the effort they like, but you are being set-up to fail - your infrastructure is designed to sell Used Astra's and over time that is all you will be able to achieve.

You do not create a sustainable L1/Championship level club by using the brand, time, effort and money in creating a pathway to Visa's from Pakistan.

Everything on their list is basic, fundamental, that even a shit club should be doing, apart from the talk of a ground development.  Oddly, or not, the one thing that Clem is probably here for in the first place - again, self interest driving focus (it's a good area to focus on, I agree with that, but it's more evidence of what matters and what they can manage to do).

Yes
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13518 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:05:41 »

I've already seen a fan comment elsewhere that this should shut up the moaners.  Idiot

that is the point when I start taking the piss out of people and annoying people. Its also a reason I hardly go to the fb group either.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13519 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:06:29 »

It was HMRC wasnt it?!?

Does he even know anymore?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #13520 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:16:44 »

The football finance expert Kieran Maguire has said in the last few weeks that there are people behind the scenes at Town that you would not want near a professional football club. He has also said previously that he is aware of some L2 clubs being used for money laundering.

Of course I'm not suggesting that's going on here.

Grin

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #13521 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:18:47 »

3000 season tickets sold
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13522 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:56:24 »

It was HMRC wasnt it?!?

Both - well, it was HMRC and football expenses, either EFL, a team, an ex-player etc.  The EFL gets very twitchy when internal creditors are left hanging, less concerned it seems about the local suppliers impacted by shit management.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13523 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:59:36 »

3000 season tickets sold

Bizarre
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13524 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 18:02:11 »

Bizarre

Not really, we kept 2.5k ticking over under Diamandis.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13525 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 18:12:51 »

The football finance expert Kieran Maguire has said in the last few weeks that there are people behind the scenes at Town that you would not want near a professional football club. He has also said previously that he is aware of some L2 clubs being used for money laundering.

Of course I'm not suggesting that's going on here.

Grin
A few season tickets paid for in cash that mysteriously never attend games then? A quick way a ‘cleaning’ a couple of hundred grand.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13526 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 18:27:03 »

https://x.com/RossArnottITV/status/1800941799021723715

He'll look at offers apparently. Won't respond to them though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13527 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 19:03:29 »

https://x.com/RossArnottITV/status/1800941799021723715

He'll look at offers apparently. Won't respond to them though.

You see, this is why I think the Trust should be working on Plan B by now.  Clem keeps making public statements about being open to input and investment, but we all know it's BS.  The Trust has a responsibility, in my eye, to be looking at ways to invest/own/support new ownership anyway.  Use Clems words against him - work on viable plans to do both, and make them public alongside calls for him to engage.  I wouldn't do this in private and negotiate with him, he's not a trusting partner who would engage with positive intent anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13528 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 19:05:57 »

and for those that hark on about fan ownership not delivering a path forward, I'd say even if fans owned STFC with no outside investment and had to live within our means, it would take a lot of effort to create a team as shit as last seasons.  The risk has to be worth it, even if the fans act as a bridge to something else in the future.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13529 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 21:58:05 »

Clem was about at foundation park this evening - fwiw (absolutely nothing)
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 901 [902] 903 904 905 ... 972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: