Pages: 1 ... 900 901 902 [903] 904 905 906 ... 961   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1551641 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #13530 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 22:07:44 »

and for those that hark on about fan ownership not delivering a path forward, I'd say even if fans owned STFC with no outside investment and had to live within our means, it would take a lot of effort to create a team as shit as last seasons.  The risk has to be worth it, even if the fans act as a bridge to something else in the future.

I can't see any way of fan ownership at the moment, Clem will want a payoff, which would be out of reach.  Normally fans take over when people just want to get rid of the club. 
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #13531 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 23:41:26 »

As Robert mentioned, there would have been a lot of effort in creating a team as bad as last season especially after the first dozen or so games.

I still cant understand what went wrong, suppose a snap shot of the season was the game at Wrexham. Wonderful start and then what the f@ck. And then follow this up with the game against Aldershot. This simply is not for real !!!

Initially thought Flynn was the real deal.

My point to this post is. How could a supporter owned club manage (by supporters) a situation like this.

It would be like the next British government. Possibly, total bedlam with confusion and chaos.   

For now, STFC are stuck with Morfuni and in truth he is stuck with STFC.

The only way to manage the current situation is not to invest in the club with advanced payments (season tickets) and simply pay on the day .

If STFC perform and do well Fantastic. Otherwise.............!!!     

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13532 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 23:54:55 »

I can't see any way of fan ownership at the moment, Clem will want a payoff, which would be out of reach.  Normally fans take over when people just want to get rid of the club. 

Oh, I agree.  I'm suggesting a public pressure campaign months from now, but the hard work should be underway to formulate plans and options and be ready in the event of the absolute worst happening as well.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13533 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 12:51:45 »

Cries in missed Andrew Black opportunity.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13534 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 19:45:17 »

Clem was about at foundation park this evening - fwiw (absolutely nothing)

Does he still play his football match with the 'fan's' when he is here ?
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13535 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 20:28:17 »

Does he still play his football match with the 'fan's' when he is here ?

Dunno - it was weird.

We have had the pitch 8-9 and it was towards the end of our game he appeared on the other side of the fence in his suit with a couple of other people.

Then he went & came back in a pair of shorts with a plastic bag (which I assume had his football boots in?) but this must have been around 9 and we were finishing.

I’m pretty certain we are the last booking (certainly on half the pitch) so dunno what he was doing. The other half of the pitch (split in 2) had two other games already going on (half 8 - half 9 I think) so maybe he showed up and tried to join them? Whether they are people who know him or not I have no idea…

Admittedly I was playing football so wasn’t paying my full attention but came across like that kid who wants to play football who just hangs around at the park in his kit hoping someone will let him play…

(back in the early 00s we ended up adding a young Nigerian who ended up on the books of Arsenal then Southampton then Swindon youth teams that way….)
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13536 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 20:29:23 »

Me sense of time might be off though…
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #13537 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 21:02:35 »

He used to play in our team 8.30-9.30 on a wednesday, i don't play anymore so possible he has played in that game. Interestly  our team one week was Him, Ben Chorley and Adam Hart, i was upfront. This may shock you but Adam Hart is absolute quality at football
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13538 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 21:04:55 »

He used to play in our team 8.30-9.30 on a wednesday, i don't play anymore so possible he has played in that game. Interestly  our team one week was Him, Ben Chorley and Adam Hart, i was upfront. This may shock you but Adam Hart is absolute quality at football

Picked the wrong career.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13539 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 21:38:30 »

Like I said my timing of events could be well off because I was playing football rather than clock watching…
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13540 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 13:09:38 »

Early bird is finishing soon, seats being cleared down on Monday am according to fb official page. No elfurther extension then.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13541 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 13:30:33 »

Early bird is finishing soon, seats being cleared down on Monday am according to fb official page. No elfurther extension then.
Oh well, I don’t think there will be struggle to get one should the need arise, I’d say spending an extra £30 to wait and see is money well spent to be honest.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13542 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 13:38:15 »

Got email today reminding me it’s the last day of the early bird. Bit late in the day.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #13543 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 14:46:31 »

Got email today reminding me it’s the last day of the early bird. Bit late in the day.

I’ve not received a thing all preseason (not that it would have convinced me to renew anyway)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #13544 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 15:37:06 »

I’ve not received a thing all preseason (not that it would have convinced me to renew anyway)
Me neither, anyone heard anything about numbers sold yet ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 902 [903] 904 905 906 ... 961   Go Up
Print
Jump to: