Pages: 1 ... 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1311434 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12855 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:51:36 »

I actually didn't know what the game of kerplunk entails, it's the straws and the ball one isn't it?

Yep, marbles and sticks in a vestibule. You load the vestibule with sticks via holes in the sides and put the marbles into the top via a larger hole. Each player takes it in turns to remove a stick, until the ball{s} fall. How exciting.

I think they make ''Anthony Hall'' proof ones now though. They have plastic smooth ended sticks/straws, instead of varnished spiky wooden ones and plastic balls with air holes {like a mini practice golf ball}, instead of glass marbles.

Just incase little ''Anthony'' swallows said balls or tries to jab himself in the eye since he's that fucking retarded. In fact, I think Anthony Hall actually raises the IQ of every kid with a learning difficulty - so at least he's inadvertently doing ''something'' right  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12856 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:54:32 »

I still expect a last minute rush mind.

A 10% reduction would be my guess*. Pretty damaging

* I think that was the trusts survey results wasn't it?

I expect a much bigger drop off than 10% given those numbers.

If the club was budgeting for 3.5k thats a 35% drop off year on year to start with. Do we sell 2.5k in the next 2 weeks when there has been no communication from the club at all?

I don't think so.

This is the downwards spiral of trying to run a sustainable club when the club is doing fuck all to improve income streams going forward.

Last years holding up of hands and appointment of Flynn will have helped. Nothing this year.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12857 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:54:49 »

We’re not renewing and it’s nothing to do with price - they could drop it to £250 and I still wouldn’t buy one.

I just don’t want to witness, in person, just how far we’ve fallen and with the expectation of falling further.

The levels of incompetence are mind blowing.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12858 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 15:21:56 »

Not backing Flynn with a proper squad looks a horrendous idea now.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12859 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 16:19:22 »

The annoying thing is it would only have probably taken two or three more signings to have been a decent squad.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12860 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 16:22:05 »

Was it ever confirmed as to the nature of his departure. Feels very much like he left as opposed to was removed.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #12861 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 16:45:04 »

Think he deserved more backing 100% and showcased what he could do somewhat with a fit side in the first nine games. However, his stubbornness as a manager left a lot to be desired and the performances towards the end of his tenure were truly pathetic. Not that Gunning improved us at all though but can’t particularly say I was too impressed with Flynn
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #12862 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 16:51:36 »

Flynn was 0-7 down at home to Aldershot. End of story.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #12863 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 16:55:24 »

Not backing him with a full squad of players was suicidal but it would have been suicidal no matter who the manager was. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done with the Jan signings. He was his own worst enemy with his lack of tactical awareness though.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #12864 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 17:26:11 »

Good news on the low season ticket sales so far. Could create an immediate short term cash shortfall. Just want to accelerate the decline really now to force change of ownership.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12865 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 17:32:56 »

It's been referenced in other threads that Paul Nicholls of Elite Management Agency arranged a lot of January signings. Down a rabbit hole tonight but guess who acquired First Touch Pro Management from Michael Standing when he ceased control of it in light of the Power case?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #12866 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 17:45:40 »

Good news on the low season ticket sales so far. Could create an immediate short term cash shortfall. Just want to accelerate the decline really now to force change of ownership.

Exactly this. Renewing is personal choice of course however doing so will just keep them in situ for longer
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12867 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 17:46:40 »

funny how after posting our worst finish ever, making absolutely zero effort at seemingly anything, doesn't pay off in getting bums on seats.

I'm not sure what Clem's game is, but it ain't football ownership. It's more like Risk, or Kerplunk.

What would be the benefit of STFC folding?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #12868 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 17:57:23 »

We wouldn’t have to suffer it every week.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12869 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 18:10:32 »

Who knows what the long term situation of the CG would be with no football club attached. A crumbling edifice to good times gone. Maybe they are in it for the long game. You only have to look at the greyhound stadium. The council insisted a new stadium must be built before permission would be granted for additional housing. They now look to be caving in on that one.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: