Pages: 1 ... 854 855 856 [857] 858 859 860 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1311524 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12840 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 13:09:27 »

Why bother to promote and sell season tickets...when you can shift a huge amount of Belushi at an in-house gig, with an in-house ''security'' team, that has an {ahem} interesting track record.

Instead of weary gig revellers heading to the St John's Ambulance tent, it'll be:

''Oh feeling a bit fatigued/tired? Just head to our 'Strength and Conditioning' tent and you'll soon feel much better.''

I jest in as much satire as I can but I fear that this may also be closer to reality than it is to a satirical take. Satirical commentary on the club ownership right now is very similar to satirical takes on Government/Politics - there appears to be no way of knowing what really is false or true; sometimes the satire is more true than than the official line {no pun}.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12841 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:01:19 »

"The Ink understands the total number of season tickets sold prior to the weekend had yet to breach the 1,000 barrier. In an attempt to find context, a flick through the Advisory Board minutes from the meeting on May 9, 2023 stated that “circa 3,500” had been sold at that point."

Sheesh.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12842 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:14:21 »

Sheesh.

funny how after posting our worst finish ever, making absolutely zero effort at seemingly anything, doesn't pay off in getting bums on seats.

I'm not sure what Clem's game is, but it ain't football ownership. It's more like Risk, or Kerplunk.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12843 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:25:41 »

I'm not sure what Clem's game is, but it ain't football ownership. It's more like Risk, or Kerplunk.

And at least with Ker·Plunk, the ball either drops or it doesn't. With Clem's ownership, the ball always seemingly gets fucking dropped

#JustAnAdminError

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12844 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:32:07 »

funny how after posting our worst finish ever, making absolutely zero effort at seemingly anything, doesn't pay off in getting bums on seats.

I know he owns a multi-million dollar turnover plumbing company, but he just never seems that switched on, dare I say he comes across as a bit of an idiot.

This in itself is fine, as long as he surrounds himself and employs competent people with relevant football experience, but he doesn't. He surrounds himself with crooks and even more idiots.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12845 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:32:50 »

Sheesh.

Yeah. The extended deadline has done them no favours, but it also makes the comparison difficult. Though i suspect 2 weeks prior to the deadline in previous years the sales would have been significantly more.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12846 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:39:20 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/2324-season-ticket-pricing/

Last year's was may 31st too?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12847 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:39:28 »

I know he owns a multi-million dollar turnover plumbing company, but he just never seems that switched on, dare I say he comes across as a bit of an idiot.

This in itself is fine, as long as he surrounds himself and employs competent people with relevant football experience, but he doesn't. He surrounds himself with crooks and even more idiots.

This is the bit that genuinely irks me about Clem. He keeps making stupid mistake after stupid mistake but then does absolutely nothing to ensure that they don't keep happening. The lack of employing someone that knows what they are doing is genuinely baffling.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12848 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:39:48 »

Oh!

I think they expecting the 5K+ to turn into 3k+, but damn this drop off would be meteoric. When Clem appoints random ex youth player as assistant to Gunning full time i'm sure sales will explode!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12849 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:40:49 »

And at least with Ker·Plunk, the ball either drops or it doesn't. With Clem's ownership, the ball always seemingly gets fucking dropped

#JustAnAdminError

I actually didn't know what the game of kerplunk entails, it's the straws and the ball one isn't it?

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12850 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:41:34 »

I actually didn't know what the game of kerplunk entails, it's the straws and the ball one isn't it?

That is the one.

Some of our fans would be undefeated with how long it takes the ball to drop in their heads.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12851 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:43:20 »

Hadn't realised that, christ. The Advisory Board minutes stated that it wasn't comparable because the deadline was different, but if that's accurate and not an admin error then it is a like-for-like comparison and Clem and co. are properly up shit creek without a cashflow paddle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12852 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:44:42 »

Oh!

I think they expecting the 5K+ to turn into 3k+, but damn this drop off would be meteoric. When Clem appoints random ex youth player as assistant to Gunning full time i'm sure sales will explode!
I still expect a last minute rush mind.

A 10% reduction would be my guess*. Pretty damaging

* I think that was the trusts survey results wasn't it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12853 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:47:35 »

Hadn't realised that, christ. The Advisory Board minutes stated that it wasn't comparable because the deadline was different, but if that's accurate and not an admin error then it is a like-for-like comparison and Clem and co. are properly up shit creek without a cashflow paddle.
Not ruiling out the date having changed after they posted that!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12854 on: Monday, May 13, 2024, 14:48:42 »

From purely watching games on iFollow, the significant drop off in occupied seats, yet our attendances did not drop as dramatically, would suggest a high number of season ticket holders stopped going, or were less frequent.  That in itself suggests a big drop in purchases was likely - once you stop going to every game, that big purchase becomes less and less appealing.  Even if everything behind the scenes was good, the underlying base level is around 2k - something has to happen to get the numbers we did under Fitton and then Clem's arrival.  Once that rubs off, performances will drive a large %.  Add in the overall mediocrity of the club and it's a recipe for Diamandis 2005/2006 levels.
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 856 [857] 858 859 860 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: