Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123225 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2310 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 13:02:52 »

I assume this is broadly what the powers that be have planned for the CG as well? https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/stockport-county-fan-zone-approved/

Also looks like us that they plan to replace a shitty terrace with seats as well. https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/edgeley-park-expansion-on-the-table/
Probably something like that. Probably on the grass behind the DRS? Could be a reasonable revenue stream for the club.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2311 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 13:06:08 »

Do they still sell the cans of lager in the horse box behind the Town End?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2312 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 13:11:23 »

They weren’t selling last time I went. I would like to know why. It looked like they were making a killing and it seems like a no brainer.

Jan (or anyone else), could you please ask the question at the next advisory board?

Edit - I have also added this question to the thread for questions for AB.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2313 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 22:28:12 »

I've not seen it this season, it probably didn't make enough money with all the added security costs otherwise I'm sure they would be doing it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2314 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 09:04:48 »

I wonder whether it fell foul of licencing in some way?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2315 on: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 09:46:35 »

Good stuff

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/december/a-zambian-adventure/
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2316 on: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 09:53:57 »

And this is always good to see at this time of year

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/december/bringing-smiles-to-the-faces-of-children-this-christmas/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2317 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 10:13:25 »

I see we are up for discussion on the Price of Football Podcast today, any ideas what this may be about?

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2318 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 10:36:04 »

I see we are up for discussion on the Price of Football Podcast today, any ideas what this may be about?

Nothing majorly concerning or shady thankfully. It's just the loss of gate receipts outlook now that our west country rivals were all promoted last season so won't have as many larger away followings at CG.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2319 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 10:40:55 »

It was a very small response to a query from a fan asking about smaller away attendances in league 2 due to our most local visitors being Northampton and Wimbledon and if this affects our budget. Kieran McGuire stated he estimates we lose £15,000 per match because of poor away numbers or approx £50,000 per month.

He did end by saying under Clem our finances appear to be in a much better state but that's hardly breaking news, albeit positive.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2320 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 10:46:45 »

Ta both.

When he said we lose £15k per match is he suggesting that we fail to even break even on games then?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2321 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 10:49:47 »

I would read that as lost revenue
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2322 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 11:20:22 »

Ta both.

When he said we lose £15k per match is he suggesting that we fail to even break even on games then?

Yeah I think what 4D says is right. I'm not sure on what the comparison is, I guess he is roughly calculating the income from larger followings and using that as the 'lost revenue' figure. 

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2323 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 11:21:20 »

That was my initial thought, but that wouldn't be on a match by match basis, as there being no West Country clubs would make fuck all difference to what we made (or lost) on weeks when we weren't playing those clubs?

On a similar basis I imagine there were a lot of pissed off people round here after the Carlisle-Barrow derby got binned on Saturday (christ knows why as it hasn't been as cold up here as it has been down your way), plus the ball ache of trying to reschedule a match I imagine Inspector Knacker would prefer to police on a Saturday.  
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2324 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 11:26:18 »

That was my initial thought, but that wouldn't be on a match by match basis, as there being no West Country clubs would make fuck all difference to what we made (or lost) on weeks when we weren't playing those clubs?

On a similar basis I imagine there were a lot of pissed off people round here after the Carlisle-Barrow derby got binned on Saturday (christ knows why as it hasn't been as cold up here as it has been down your way), plus the ball ache of trying to reschedule a match I imagine Inspector Knacker would prefer to police on a Saturday. 

It's 46 minutes into the podcast if you want to delve further without trying to pad through the stuff you aren't interested in.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: