Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 835   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1188700 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:02:03 »

If the TE doesn't make some noise then there is zero noise. North and South stands rarely sing. A redeveloped TE would help, all the would be singers could go there.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:10:57 »

At the Tranmere game I was in the DRS and the 'stand up if you love Swindon' chant was attempted to be started. A half-hearted effort finished and a gentlemen behind me muttered 'we wouldn't bloody be here if we didn't would we'. His gallows humour made me smile but summed up the atmosphere really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:19:48 »

If the TE doesn't make some noise then there is zero noise. North and South stands rarely sing. A redeveloped TE would help, all the would be singers could go there.

I agree with the fist bit.

A redeveloped stand might help, but weirdly could even hinder depending on the acoustics.

At the Tranmere game I was in the DRS and the 'stand up if you love Swindon' chant ..

You've reminded me.  A few (literally) people stand on occasion at the back of the DRS. Every now and then the stewards do their walk to the back to tell them to sit down. In days of yore (!) we would have all sang "stand up if you love Swindon" just to piss them off. But not now, nope. Its James "sit down", a better song admittedly but we've all gone soft.

(Yes I know, steward doing his job, hse directing the club, blah blah blah).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:25:02 by Batch » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:23:31 »

If we're still going to be playing the likes of Barrow & Harrogate nothing will help😀

So, give no fucks
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:25:58 »

The TE has been quiet for quite a while
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:28:03 »

The TE has been quiet for quite a while

I'm not blaming them. Is it just the football is rubbish?

A lot of the old guard have left. Replaced by annoying 15 year olds I'm told. I blame them. Bloody yoof.

Smiley
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:37:19 »

A quick scan of the advisory board notes and I couldn’t see anything about alcohol in the townend. I may well have missed it. I am sure that alcohol in the TE would get people going a bit.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2347 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:44:23 »

A quick scan of the advisory board notes and I couldn’t see anything about alcohol in the townend. I may well have missed it. I am sure that alcohol in the TE would get people going a bit.
It’s in there, along the lines of the uptake was minimal when trialled so didn’t justify the costs of the bar being a permanent fixture.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #2348 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:45:39 »

The question was asked about the bar that was in place for the TE (in the Trust question), and whether it would return. The club said it was popular but not as well used as they had hoped to make it viable. If fans want it back and would use it then happy to take that back to the club at next AB in a few weeks to try it again?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 08:41:41 »

I noticed on the minutes that there were concerns around Northampton tickets having not been received. Given when the December meeting was I can only assume this question was raised at the end of November, a full month ahead of the game?

FWIW I bought our tickets on the 25th November and got them on the 29th. I actually live in Northamptonshire so wonder if people outside the Swindon postcode are 'prioritised' for tickets being sent or something? Anytime I have ordered tickets to be sent from STFC they have always arrived within 3 or 4 days later.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 09:06:26 »

The question was asked about the bar that was in place for the TE (in the Trust question), and whether it would return. The club said it was popular but not as well used as they had hoped to make it viable. If fans want it back and would use it then happy to take that back to the club at next AB in a few weeks to try it again?
I for one would definitely use it and the uptake seemed huge whenever I saw it. Bring back the bar!!!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 09:35:51 »

I for one would definitely use it and the uptake seemed huge whenever I saw it. Bring back the bar!!!

It wasn't financially viable according to the AB notes, I doubt they would bring it back anytime soon.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 09:46:33 »

Did I hear/read somewhere there was going to be a fanzone at the CG? Where would this be situated?

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 09:50:55 »

It wasn't financially viable according to the AB notes, I doubt they would bring it back anytime soon.

Strong Village Post Office/Pub vibes, no one uses it so becomes unviable then everyone complains when it disappears.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 10:11:53 »

Re Northampton tickets - if you had ordered them beforehand they were available for collection before the game on Saturday.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 835   Go Up
Print
Jump to: