Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122806 times)
DMC

« Reply #2100 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:11:48 »

Fuck being ceo of a company that relies on people like me to survive
Hahahah exactly that. Imagine being a fan then all of a sudden on match day all you hear is the burgers are shit the poster in the toilet is out of date or the queue was too long
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:18:53 »

Couldn’t think of anything worse converting a hobby and fun into a full time job. Notwithstanding this is STFC.
Credit to RA for taking the plunge.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 14:38:36 »

IF RA left under any sort of cloud you can guarantee one thing for sure. He will be NDA’d up to his eyeballs.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 14:52:33 »

IF RA left under any sort of cloud you can guarantee one thing for sure. He will be NDA’d up to his eyeballs.

I'd like to think that he would speak up in the event of any malicious mismanagement for example, regardless of NDA. All part of the so called safety blanket for the fans I guess.

I suspect that everything is all reasonably well & good behind the scenes though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 15:14:41 »

Only if he signed it, he would be due his notice and whatever was in his contract, its only if they go beyond that would he potentially get into NDA territory.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 15:19:44 »

Wouldn't all club employees have an NDA element in their contracts of employment anyway?

That would prevent all sorts of leaks & rumours from circulating.  Zipped
Oh..

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 16:08:14 »

Imagine having to deal with the opinions of Facebook posters as a full time job.

Gross oversimplification but still.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 16:10:38 »

I think the job is definitely ageing RA. He is a top chap and sad to see him stressed.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 17:12:41 »

Only if he signed it, he would be due his notice and whatever was in his contract, its only if they go beyond that would he potentially get into NDA territory.

Don’t you think that they would be built into his COE in the first place? I’m not referring to anything salacious about leaving and I realise that I should read and reread my OP to save any misinterpretation.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 17:44:38 »

Imagine having to deal with the opinions of Facebook posters as a full time job.

Gross oversimplification but still.

Gross oversimplification indeed.

If he is thinking of leaving, can bet your bottom dollar its got fuck all to do with facebook.

for what its worth, he got a really good reception in the away end at walsall in may.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2110 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 17:50:48 »

I like Rob, not least because my Mum made him go fetch ketchup at the Stevenage game for my son, which he did without blinking.  "mother, that's the CE!" - "so what, we needed ketchup, they should have it on the table".
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2111 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 20:34:57 »

If he is thinking of leaving, can bet your bottom dollar its got fuck all to do with facebook.

I didn't say anything about him leaving though  Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2112 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 08:11:42 »

I am hoping that this is not true, he has the club at his heart and becoming the CEO of a football club is a massive jump from his previous job at Nationwide.

Football clubs are an entity in themselves and no amount of training could prepar you if you have never done the job before, a real on the job training, straight into the cauldron, especially when you are following on from the shitshow previously at the club.

Maybe he feels he has bitten off more than he can chew? I hope that if he has concerns then he will work through it, its not like there is a training course in "how to be a CEO at a football club". Its a massive job and carries a lot of stress.

Fingers crossed he can work through any doubts he may be having and soldier on to better times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2113 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 08:16:53 »

I hope that if he has concerns then he will work through it, its not like there is a training course in "how to be a CEO at a football club".

You'd think so, wouldn't you? And yet, if there's demand, there's always someone out there who'll create something - https://www.ucfb.ac.uk/your-degree/executive-education-courses/ceo-of-a-sports-organisation/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2114 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 08:27:23 »

You'd think so, wouldn't you? And yet, if there's demand, there's always someone out there who'll create something - https://www.ucfb.ac.uk/your-degree/executive-education-courses/ceo-of-a-sports-organisation/
Interesting, who'd have thunk it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: