Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 ... 154   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - Fresh Start  (Read 317202 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2085 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 08:53:12 »

Whilst for many of us, being a CEO of the club you love and support might seem like a dream job, but on the flip side I imagine it has huge added pressure and stress to make it a success. Whilst I don't think I have ever seen a bad word said about Rob Angus, I know he has a twitter account and you have to hope that he doesn't read/take notice of a lot of what is said, for his own well being. It's definitely not a job I could do and fair fucks to the man.

Whilst nothing may have ben explicitly said, much had been implied even on here.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2086 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 09:04:33 »

If Clem really is the real deal, as a lot of people say, then we have nothing to worry about.

The very fact a large section of supporters are clinging onto the fact our chief exec used to be trust chair and using it as some sort of safety blanket, perhaps implies Clem doesn't yet have 100% trust in the fan base.

RA won't be here forever. We need to move on eventually.
DMC

Ignore
« Reply #2087 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 09:32:36 »

If Clem really is the real deal, as a lot of people say, then we have nothing to worry about.

The very fact a large section of supporters are clinging onto the fact our chief exec used to be trust chair and using it as some sort of safety blanket, perhaps implies Clem doesn't yet have 100% trust in the fan base.

RA won't be here forever. We need to move on eventually.
And as much as i like the man , rightly so. He will be the first to tell us that the club has been disgustingly mismanaged for the last 20+ years, why would a fan base trust him based on that?

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2088 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 09:38:06 »

And as much as i like the man , rightly so. He will be the first to tell us that the club has been disgustingly mismanaged for the last 20+ years, why would a fan base trust him based on that?

What choice do we have? we can't just appoint somebody as Chief Exec from the Trust every time the position comes available.

There'll come a point where RA is gone and that safety blanket doesn't exist.

DMC

Ignore
« Reply #2089 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 09:58:07 »

What choice do we have? we can't just appoint somebody as Chief Exec from the Trust every time the position comes available.

There'll come a point where RA is gone and that safety blanket doesn't exist.

I agree with you but just saying i get where the mistrust comes from and why fans seem to want answers to every rumour they hear
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2090 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:01:07 »

Whilst for many of us, being a CEO of the club you love and support might seem like a dream job, but on the flip side I imagine it has huge added pressure and stress to make it a success. Whilst I don't think I have ever seen a bad word said about Rob Angus, I know he has a twitter account and you have to hope that he doesn't read/take notice of a lot of what is said, for his own well being. It's definitely not a job I could do and fair fucks to the man.

Fuck being ceo of a company that relies on people like me to survive

Things get better but they never get good
DMC

Ignore
« Reply #2091 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:11:48 »

Fuck being ceo of a company that relies on people like me to survive
Hahahah exactly that. Imagine being a fan then all of a sudden on match day all you hear is the burgers are shit the poster in the toilet is out of date or the queue was too long
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2092 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:18:53 »

Couldn’t think of anything worse converting a hobby and fun into a full time job. Notwithstanding this is STFC.
Credit to RA for taking the plunge.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2093 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 14:38:36 »

IF RA left under any sort of cloud you can guarantee one thing for sure. He will be NDA’d up to his eyeballs.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2094 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 14:52:33 »

IF RA left under any sort of cloud you can guarantee one thing for sure. He will be NDA’d up to his eyeballs.

I'd like to think that he would speak up in the event of any malicious mismanagement for example, regardless of NDA. All part of the so called safety blanket for the fans I guess.

I suspect that everything is all reasonably well & good behind the scenes though.

So this is real life.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2095 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 15:14:41 »

Only if he signed it, he would be due his notice and whatever was in his contract, its only if they go beyond that would he potentially get into NDA territory.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2096 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 15:19:44 »

Wouldn't all club employees have an NDA element in their contracts of employment anyway?

That would prevent all sorts of leaks & rumours from circulating.  Zipped
Oh..

So this is real life.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2097 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 16:08:14 »

Imagine having to deal with the opinions of Facebook posters as a full time job.

Gross oversimplification but still.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #2098 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 16:10:38 »

I think the job is definitely ageing RA. He is a top chap and sad to see him stressed.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2099 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 17:12:41 »

Only if he signed it, he would be due his notice and whatever was in his contract, its only if they go beyond that would he potentially get into NDA territory.

Don’t you think that they would be built into his COE in the first place? I’m not referring to anything salacious about leaving and I realise that I should read and reread my OP to save any misinterpretation.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 ... 154   Go Up
Print
Jump to: